Revisiting the 2003 nba draft.

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

an-also

Revisiting the 2003 nba draft.

Post by an-also »

Who are the top 10 players right now that got drafted last year.

my list goes:

1. Lebron james ( sky's the limit)
2. Dwayne Wade (see above)
3. Chris Bosh (unlimited potential, will be a 20ppg, 10 rpg guy)
4. Carmello Anthony(i dont kno about this guy. selfish sometimes)
5. Kirk Hinrich(Good floor general for the upcoming bulls)
6. Josh Howard(solid D, should be a starter)
7. Jarvis hays ( gets no pub but hes a solid player)
8. Kyle Korver(prolly the best pure 3 pt shooter)
9. Luke Ridnour( puttin up decent #s. 10/6)
10. Mike Sweetney(needs more playin time. seems like he can develop)

Pretty sick draft. James and Wade are already superstars. Bosh looks like he's headed to stardom. Anthony too if he gets his act togeather.

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

DARKO!!!
ImageImage
ImageImage

ogice

Post by ogice »

Stop sleeping on Elf Power fool...the only player that's better than Hinrich is King James. Hinrich means a lot more to his team than Wade does to his; dude is gonna be right up there with Jason Kidd and Stockton when it's all said and done, mark my words.

1)Lebron
2)Hinrich
3)Wade
4)Bosh
5)Carmelo

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Hinrich above Wade? Are you fucking kidding me?

Please hurl yourself into a canyon of some sort.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

shopvack

Post by shopvack »

T-Wrex wrote:DARKO!!!
hahaha, that didn't take long.

ogice

Post by ogice »

Psychosis Again wrote:Hinrich above Wade? Are you fucking kidding me?

Please hurl yourself into a canyon of some sort.
Talented PG's who can shoot 3's, rebound, pass, run the break, and lock down people on defense are hard to find...athletic 2 guards, however, are not...just ask Ben Gordon, who's gonna be as good as Wade.

Hinrich's gonna be around for a lot longer than Wade. Wade's little ass is gonna get injured real quick doing all those Jordan impressions; Hinrich's gonna get better and better until he peaks in 5-6 years, and then be around 4-5 years after that.

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

You need to get off Hinrich's cock. He's a solid player with a lot of potential, but you speak as he's gonna be a top 10 all time player by the time his career is over.

Wade is unstoppable going to the basket, he's got one of the best crossovers in the league already. Once Wade develops a reliable jumpshot, he's going to be unguardable. Not to mention he's one of the best shot blocking guards in his league. He's also unselfish.

If you ask most people given the choice who'd they rather have on their team Hinrich or Wade, I guarantee most of them would pick Wade and with good reason.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

Icesickle, you're a really underesitmating how good Wade is. Playing with Shaq will make you better, but the kid is going to be really great.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

hinrich over wade.

please put the tabs of LSD on the ground and kick them over to me, sir.

BeHemoth
Bam Bam

Post by BeHemoth »

Wade is an amazing player who showed up big in the playoffs last year, just like he will this year. Hinrich over Wade is the most absurd sports statement I have heard all year.

an-also

Post by an-also »

BeHemoth wrote:Hinrich over Wade is the most absurd sports statement I have heard all year.

Raphael De La Ghetto

Post by Raphael De La Ghetto »

1. James
2. Wade
3. Bosh
4. Hinrich
5. Melo

I think thats how it goes.
Hinrich is sick, but hes not better than Wade. Melo is good but he's over rated, and the Nuggets suck this year. I predicted them to do much better with a line up that consists of Martin, Melo and Dre.
Bosh's Offense is amazing, and is getting a lot better. His rebs are also getting better, but he sometimes lacks on D. He is a good shot blocker though.

ogice

Post by ogice »

an-also wrote:
BeHemoth wrote:Hinrich over Wade is the most absurd sports statement I have heard all year.
You guys are factoring in Hinrich's defense right, and Wade's lack thereof, correct?

Him leading a team at 23-24 years old isn't an easy task as well...

And, like I said, in the long run Hinrich will be better because injuries will take a toll on Wade's game.

BeHemoth
Bam Bam

Post by BeHemoth »

Hinrich is white. And whitey don't win in the NBA. You got Larry Legend fever and need to go see a doctor immediately.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

wtf?

dwayne wade is the best help defender a.k.a team defender out of everyone on this list.

an-also

Post by an-also »

For now and the long run, i rather have wade and bosh over Hinrich. I'd prolly even take carmello over him cause i'm sure as he gets older he'll mature more.

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

I'll pile on (no homo) and say you're fucking loopy if you think Hinrich is better now, or will be better than Wade. That's ignant. And I like Hinrich's game quite a bit.

I like Bosh but I don't think he'll ever dominate. He could level out at a Gasol like level of play.

Carmelo is one of my favorite players ever, but he needs to keep his head screwed on straight. He reminds me of a taller Pierce.

djm13

Post by djm13 »

wow....hinrich over wade

just wow

i'd also take sweetney over lebron :roll:

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Keith Van Horn is just as good as that Tim Duncan guy everyone talks about.

djm13

Post by djm13 »

i'd take rick brunson over steve nash...dude plays above average defense

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Whoever skipped on drafting Loren Woods will be sorry.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

and oh yeah, Chris Kaman has also been solid for the clips. and that's not being sarcastic.

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

Yeah. Kaman has been a beast lately. It finally clicked for him. He is pretty skilled and athletic for an enormous gawky white dude.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

he had a pretty good run in the second half of last season from my memory.

Nowell's Soul

Post by Nowell's Soul »

I was going to rationalize Icesickle's thinking and back up Hinrich's legitimacy and potential as one of the most successful floor generals to grace the league in a long time...

I was going to talk about how it's impossible to compare Hinrich and Wade because the difference in a point guard and a 2-guard is like comparing apples and oranges...

I mean, D-Wade is outscoring Shaq right now, he's top-ten in the league, putting up bigger numbers then one of the most dominant players ever, and above all that is on the best team in the East.

You can't compare the two, they do different things for their team. Now, if you try to compare them by taking them out of the lineup to their respective team, you've got to think that Miami would still be a playoff team, because the have Shaq, and the Bulls would be completely helpless and nowhere near .500...

Anyways, I was going to do all that, but I instead I found these "jersey basketballs" on Eastbay, and I think they're neat...

I am easily distracted....

Peace.

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

Julius Seizure wrote:

Carmelo is one of my favorite players ever, but he needs to keep his head screwed on straight. He reminds me of a taller Pierce.
He is more like Antione Walker or Glenn robinson

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Wade is a very solid defender, and proved that he can run the point in the playoffs.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

what people don't realize is that carmello is only in his second year. i think he'll be a great player but he's just going through a sophmore slump.

carmello is much more atheletically gifted then glenn robinson and his game is more polished then antoine walker.

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

Gregg Popabitch wrote: carmello is much more atheletically gifted then glenn robinson and his game is more polished then antoine walker.
You don't remember Antione's first few years out of Kentucky, their games are so similar its almost scary. I watch 85% of Nuggets games, I would know.

djm13

Post by djm13 »

i dont care if they're different players....shaq and shandon anderson are different players...doesn't mean we dont know who's better