Revisiting the 2003 nba draft.

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

actually i do.

i was a big fan of walker b/c i felt he always wore his heart on his sleeve and he always laid it all out on the floor. i don't think any player motivated paul pierce more then walker did. he was a true leader for those celtics teams, i felt. and he had a vast array of offensive talents though he didn't always use all of them.

with that being said, i still feel carmello's offensive game is more polished then antoine walker's.

djm13

Post by djm13 »

it is...it definitely is....people forget that carmelo spent just one year in college?

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:actually i do.

i was a big fan of walker b/c i felt he always wore his heart on his sleeve and he always laid it all out on the floor. i don't think any player motivated paul pierce more then walker did. he was a true leader for those celtics teams, i felt. and he had a vast array of offensive talents though he didn't always use all of them.

with that being said, i still feel carmello's offensive game is more polished then antoine walker's.
The Walker who played under Jim O'Brian and shot only 3s was very different.

I'll try to find you a tape of Walker's 49 point game against the Wizards over C-Webb and Juan Howard, He has the exact same post moves as Melo- mainly the spin to the basket.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

trust me, i remember the pitino walker as well. a more polished player then the o'brien one. whatever happened?

lmao @ finding me a tape. i'd actually be down as hell for you to send me one.

djm13

Post by djm13 »

OMNI wrote:

I'll try to find you a tape of Walker's 49 point game against the Wizards over C-Webb and Juan Howard, He has the exact same post moves as Melo- mainly the spin to the basket.
in the post, but carmelo's game is much more than that

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

djm13 wrote:
OMNI wrote:

in the post, but carmelo's game is much more than that
LOL

I wish, I get disgusted watching him brick 19 ft jumpers instead of going to the basket

djm13

Post by djm13 »

going to the basket and the post can be very different..yes, he shoots way too many j's

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

SOPHMORE SLUMP

an-also

Post by an-also »

Melo will be good to go. I'm sure he'll mature. People are jumping on him already and i kinda think its unfair. he is a frustrating player to watch, i'll give him that much.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

an-also wrote:
BeHemoth wrote:Hinrich over Wade is the most absurd sports statement I have heard all year.
wade has too many bullets in his clip... that fool is going to be a star. and he keeps getting bigger in size, so his durability is legit too.

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

Yeah, I think Melo is actually a perfect combination of Walker and Pierce, like on Conan, If they Mated. nohomo.

Good hoop talk. I was a big Jim O'Brien fan, because of the way he preached defense, motivated players, and got the most out of his roster, but I think he ended up damaging both Pierce and Antoine's games, maybe beyond repair. They had so much freedom in that system, there was no leash on them, he never bitched at them for poor shot selection, it was all isolations and three point shooting, there was no point guard (cept Kenny Anderson), and these factors really stunted their growth.

I think Pierce's basketball IQ was higher coming out of college than it is now. He was so fundamentally sound, much more unselfish, much less of a whiny, pouty bitch on the court.

Pierce needs a change in scenery. I think we should try to work a deal with Minnesota. Imagine Pierce paired up with Garnett. :shock: I'd consider doing it for Troy Hudson, Wally, and a #1.

And I considered Pierce untouchable two years ago. Now, it might be time to cash him in, see what we can get in return.

Crooked S

Post by Crooked S »

Nowell's Soul wrote: I mean, D-Wade is outscoring Shaq right now, he's top-ten in the league, putting up bigger numbers then one of the most dominant players ever, and above all that is on the best team in the East.
Well, seeing that he's a point guard and it's his choice to pass to Shaq or shoot it himself, that really doesn't say a lot. I get what you mean though, it's not an easy task to score as much as he does on average in the NBA.

Crooked S

Post by Crooked S »

an-also wrote:Melo will be good to go. I'm sure he'll mature. People are jumping on him already and i kinda think its unfair. he is a frustrating player to watch, i'll give him that much.
I agree. He only spent ONE year in college basketball, then on to the NBA. People need to give the man some time to develop. For him to accomplish as much as he has in the time period he was given is already high above expectations of his peers, so let him breathe already. I'm confident he'll be one of the premier players one day.

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Crooked S wrote:
Nowell's Soul wrote: I mean, D-Wade is outscoring Shaq right now, he's top-ten in the league, putting up bigger numbers then one of the most dominant players ever, and above all that is on the best team in the East.
Well, seeing that he's a point guard and it's his choice to pass to Shaq or shoot it himself, that really doesn't say a lot. I get what you mean though, it's not an easy task to score as much as he does on average in the NBA.
Damon Jones is the point guard.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Psychosis Again wrote:
Crooked S wrote:
Damon Jones is the point guard.
i was about to say.

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

Julius Seizure wrote:Yeah, I think Melo is actually a perfect combination of Walker and Pierce, like on Conan, If they Mated. nohomo.

Good hoop talk. I was a big Jim O'Brien fan, because of the way he preached defense, motivated players, and got the most out of his roster, but I think he ended up damaging both Pierce and Antoine's games, maybe beyond repair. They had so much freedom in that system, there was no leash on them, he never bitched at them for poor shot selection, it was all isolations and three point shooting, there was no point guard (cept Kenny Anderson), and these factors really stunted their growth.

I think Pierce's basketball IQ was higher coming out of college than it is now. He was so fundamentally sound, much more unselfish, much less of a whiny, pouty bitch on the court.

Pierce needs a change in scenery. I think we should try to work a deal with Minnesota. Imagine Pierce paired up with Garnett. :shock: I'd consider doing it for Troy Hudson, Wally, and a #1.

And I considered Pierce untouchable two years ago. Now, it might be time to cash him in, see what we can get in return.
Jimmy's style won games, but it was dreadful to watch. I liked the defense but the 78-73 style games were annoying- at least they were winning though.

I totally agree with you about Pierce and Walker, but more Pierce then Antione. I think Tione's knees have gotten so bad, he really can't run or play in the paint anymore.

I would be up for trading Pierce, but, only IF they take Raef too. Our hundred million dollar front court of Blount (fresh off a triple-zero in 22 minutes :evil: ) and raef makes me want to puke.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

lmao @ mark blount.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

u know melo almost didnt even go to syracuse... things would have been so different if he went straight to the nba.

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

AFter downloading the Wade mix video.. I'm upping this thread.

WADE > King James

If he hadn't separated his muscle from his rib-bone, he might've had a ring this summer..

I'm still LOL @ OGICE, too.

I think Wade will be the next Jordan, and LeBron the next Nique/Drexler.
ImageImage
ImageImage

avalanche

Post by avalanche »

Nowell's Soul wrote:
Image.
ordering one now.....

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Ogice is a fucking idiot.

:megaman:

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

T-Wrex wrote:AFter downloading the Wade mix video.. I'm upping this thread.

WADE > King James

If he hadn't separated his muscle from his rib-bone, he might've had a ring this summer..

as opposed to ranting in some sarcastic, worthless diatribe, i'll pose a serious question

you don't think the heat would have been just as IF NOT MORE SUCCESSFUL than this last year's team if you replaced wade with lebron?

come on, man...lebron is fucking amazing

lebron and shaq???? RIDICULOUS

my point is LBJ is bigger than wade and has better court vision, can finish with either hand just like wade, and because of the size difference and same athleticism (duke is 6'8 and STILL gets his HEAD to the rim), LBJ gets the nod in my opinion
Nets 2022

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

reason is yellow wrote:

WADE > King James

as opposed to ranting in some sarcastic, worthless diatribe, i'll pose a serious question

you don't think the heat would have been just as IF NOT MORE SUCCESSFUL than this last year's team if you replaced wade with lebron?

my point is LBJ is bigger than wade and has better court vision, can finish with either hand just like wade, and because of the size difference and same athleticism (duke is 6'8 and STILL gets his HEAD to the rim), LBJ gets the nod in my opinion
do you think LeBron could've taken MARQUETTE to the final four?..
ImageImage
ImageImage

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

T-Wrex wrote:
reason is yellow wrote:

WADE > King James

do you think LeBron could've taken MARQUETTE to the final four?..
yes.

fuck it, diener, LBJ, and robert jackson would've won the title

people forget (and why not? how many marquette fans do you know? lol) that diener carried that team the first two rounds with 55 points...wade blew up from the sweet sixteen and on (everyone remembers that sick triple double he had in the elite eight vs kentucky)

jackson averaged like 15 points and 9 rebounds a game too

(and yes i was aware, t-wrecks, that your question was rhetorical...BUT I ANSWERED IT ANYWAY LIKE A REAL BALLA BALLA)
Nets 2022

CarlosDelgothoes

Re:

Post by CarlosDelgothoes »

ogice wrote:Stop sleeping on Elf Power fool...the only player that's better than Hinrich is King James. Hinrich means a lot more to his team than Wade does to his; dude is gonna be right up there with Jason Kidd and Stockton when it's all said and done, mark my words.

1)Lebron
2)Hinrich
3)Wade
4)Bosh
5)Carmelo
ogice wrote: Talented PG's who can shoot 3's, rebound, pass, run the break, and lock down people on defense are hard to find...athletic 2 guards, however, are not...just ask Ben Gordon, who's gonna be as good as Wade.

Hinrich's gonna be around for a lot longer than Wade. Wade's little ass is gonna get injured real quick doing all those Jordan impressions; Hinrich's gonna get better and better until he peaks in 5-6 years, and then be around 4-5 years after that.
ITHE = GOAT

:icedit: :icedit: :icedit: :icedit:

alpha

Re: Revisiting the 2003 nba draft.

Post by alpha »

Put that in the troll handbook and call it a day.