NBA Third Round Blog Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

Heat up by 11 at the half.

Ben, Sheed and Tayshaun barely played in the 2nd quarter and Chauncey has EIGHT TURNOVERS! It kinda sucks...

Maybe Carlos will get more PT in the 2nd half..
ImageImage
ImageImage

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Wade was :ohsh:

He had 40 points (15-28 FG, 10-10 FT), 8 reb, 6 ast and 2 blks.

If we lost this game the series was probably over.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

As good as the Pistons are, and they are very very good, they are just so bitchmade when it comes to officiating. Every possession down, you can count on at least one of the Pistons barking at the refs about a foul called or non-call or a call they get but it's not good enough for some reason.

Yes Rip, you reached in at the end. No Rasheed, Shaq didn't hook you.

Shut the fuck up. You're supposed to be a championship team, not a bunch of pussies that can't get past a call or two. Hamilton, Billups and Wallace get away with all sorts of shit all game long just like everyone else does. So just stop all the whinning.

As far as the series goes, I think every game is gonna end up like this. I don't think either team will blow either team out in any of the rest of the games. But Detroit has looked very good. Unfortunately, I think they'll win.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

Nl5H wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
peanut butter wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:can we dead the talk that anyone but tim duncan is the best player in the nba?

plz?
no because KG is still better

PEACE
the stats look nice but i'd rather have a someone that plays better and actually wins.

parker, and ginobuli make duncan a better player, take a lot of pressure off of him.... who does KG got, wally sczerbiak? get real, kg is way better than duncan.
that nigga has cassell and as much as many of you won't admit it, cassell has been one of the most clutch players of our generation.

and at crunchtime, who's come through more? TD or KG? that answer is easy.

i love KG but duncan is the best player in basketball and is sooo underappreciated by the average basketball fan merely b/c he is not spectacular. it's sad.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

Duncan>KG but KG>anybody else

and Duncan might end his career as top10alltime going well underappreciated most of his career

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

eternalreflection wrote:Duncan>KG but KG>anybody else
i agree with the first part

second part, you can argue lebron and shaq.

Req

Post by Req »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Nl5H wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
peanut butter wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:can we dead the talk that anyone but tim duncan is the best player in the nba?

plz?
no because KG is still better

PEACE
the stats look nice but i'd rather have a someone that plays better and actually wins.

parker, and ginobuli make duncan a better player, take a lot of pressure off of him.... who does KG got, wally sczerbiak? get real, kg is way better than duncan.
that nigga has cassell and as much as many of you won't admit it, cassell has been one of the most clutch players of our generation.

i love KG but duncan is the best player in basketball and is sooo underappreciated by the average basketball fan merely b/c he is not spectacular. it's sad.
yeah, i think id prefer to have Ginobli, Parker or Horry to pass to at buzzer time rather than bloody Sam Cassell.

Garnett is GOD :megaman:
F.U. MOOLAH

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Garnett's supporting cast isn't half of that of Duncan's.

Spree doesn't play anymore and Sam-I-Am is too injured to be effective anymore. Ginobili and Parker are not even in their prime and both are all stars next year, while Spree and Cassell should be considering retiring. And the Spurs have much more substantial effective big men around Duncan than Olowakandi. Plus there is Bowen, the most annoying defensive player in the league while no one even bothers on Minnesota.

Put KG on the Spurs and they would be defending champions.

PEACE

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

peanut butter wrote:Bowen, the most annoying defensive player in the league while no one even bothers on Minnesota.

#23 Trenton Hassell

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

Wade was nasty last night. Zo did some pretty clutch shit too. Pistons got a wicked Defense though. Sheed needs to drive more, shoot clangin' 3's less.

Patches O'Houlihan

Post by Patches O'Houlihan »

Wade, not much more you can say, the way he ended that game on a dunk..................... :ohsh: shit that was great!
A new era has begun and it goes by the numbers 1,3,6

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

Is it safe to say yet that Wade is leaps and bounds ahead of LeBron, Carmello, Darko, Bosh and Kirk?

Yeah.. LeBron is putting up Paul Pierce like numbers..... but its just stats.

Alex English was the highest scoring player in the 1980s. Nobody talks about him.

This is going to be a good series. Can't wait to see how Wade handles the Palace with the series tied 1-1. I'm still sticking to my prediction of Pistons in six.
ImageImage
ImageImage

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

T-Wrex wrote:Is it safe to say yet that Wade is leaps and bounds ahead of LeBron, Carmello, Darko, Bosh and Kirk?

Yeah.. LeBron is putting up Paul Pierce like numbers..... but its just stats.

Alex English was the highest scoring player in the 1980s. Nobody talks about him.

This is going to be a good series. Can't wait to see how Wade handles the Palace with the series tied 1-1. I'm still sticking to my prediction of Pistons in six.
Wade is not head and shoulders above Bron or Bosh, they just has 10X less help than Wade.

Alex English suffers from Bernard King syndrome

PEACE

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Wade is considerably better than Bosh at this point.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

you think that if you put Lebron in Miami, that they would be a weaker team??

its TomBrady syndrome again, its a team game, you can't hold a shitty team(of defense) against the superior player

Lebron is better than Wade, though the gap is getting smaller, and Bosh is very good, just on a shitty team

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

eternalreflection wrote:you think that if you put Lebron in Miami, that they would be a weaker team??

its TomBrady syndrome again, its a team game, you can't hold a shitty team(of defense) against the superior player

Lebron is better than Wade, though the gap is getting smaller, and Bosh is very good, just on a shitty team
i dont think LeBron would've scored 40 last night, including 10/10 from the charity stripe..
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

Bill Simmons has mentioned this already, but who else is absolutely loving Zo's pro-wrestler-like actions??? he blocks Ben Wallace nasty on a dunk...WHOOOOOOOOOOO *FLEX*!!!!!!!!!!!..........he swats him a second time.....PUMP IT UP, BITCHES *RAISES ROOF*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........he sells a viscous shoulder charge.....WHOOT WHOOT WHOOT *FLEX FLEX FLEX*!!!!!!!!!!!!! .......he makes the game clinching play by swatting Rip out of bounds......FINISHING MOVE, MUTHAFUCKAS I'M BAD!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope he taunts the shit out of the Pistons crowd on some superbad heel Nation of Domination steelo.....

we're probably a Big Ben big snap short of a classic Heat playoff-time brawl.
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

to zo:

"FYKN"

"Fuck Yo Kidneys Nigga"

alpha

Post by alpha »

i like 'zo. good to see him playin well again(NH).

SoulClap

Post by SoulClap »

Zo is a faggot.
The game is a oxymoron; we sold free-base

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

zo is the lasting legacy of the heat i loved to hate. otherwise, the team is a compltely new animal entirely.

he's playing like he's the franchise player when he definitely isn't. its fun to watch him score. not as much fun to watch him flaunt.

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

Dunnnnleavy wrote:Bill Simmons has mentioned this already, but who else is absolutely loving Zo's pro-wrestler-like actions??? he blocks Ben Wallace nasty on a dunk...WHOOOOOOOOOOO *FLEX*!!!!!!!!!!!..........he swats him a second time.....PUMP IT UP, BITCHES *RAISES ROOF*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........he sells a viscous shoulder charge.....WHOOT WHOOT WHOOT *FLEX FLEX FLEX*!!!!!!!!!!!!! .......he makes the game clinching play by swatting Rip out of bounds......FINISHING MOVE, MUTHAFUCKAS I'M BAD!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope he taunts the shit out of the Pistons crowd on some superbad heel Nation of Domination steelo.....

we're probably a Big Ben big snap short of a classic Heat playoff-time brawl.
hahahahaha

I LOVE this shit...he draws a foul and starts pumping his arms all the way up court...I need him to score on big ben and do the hulk hogan hand to ear motion, Big Ben goes at Zo, and Zo rips his shirt off hogan style, we need the other Van Gundy to get tossed to the ground

Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I'm a piston fan, but ya got to be happy for Zo after all he's been through. Pistons in 6 though.

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

Zo was a beast last night.

Isn't New Jers still paying his contract?
ImageImage
ImageImage

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Req wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Nl5H wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
peanut butter wrote: no because KG is still better

PEACE

yeah, i think id prefer to have Ginobli, Parker or Horry to pass to at buzzer time rather than bloody Sam Cassell.

in the 4th quarter, i'd take cassell over all those players.

and parker has not surpassed cassell yet, imo. i know that's going to be an unpopular opinion.

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

i agree.

for now.

sam > tony.

(except in the romance dept.)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Req wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Nl5H wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote: the stats look nice but i'd rather have a someone that plays better and actually wins.

in the 4th quarter, i'd take cassell over all those players.

and parker has not surpassed cassell yet, imo. i know that's going to be an unpopular opinion.
Cassell and Sprewell had some of the best numbers of their respective careers last year...KG still couldn't get over the hump

Duncan's still not better than a healthy shaq though

an-also

Post by an-also »

T-Wrex wrote:Zo was a beast last night.

Isn't New Jers still paying his contract?
naw mayne, the raptors are still on the hook for his buyout contract.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Cassell and Sprewell had some of the best numbers of their respective careers last year...KG still couldn't get over the hump

Duncan's still not better than a healthy shaq though
they won 58games, lost to the Lakers who beat the Spurs as well .. they were very close

this year they were horrid

MD

Post by MD »

alpha wrote:i like 'zo. good to see him playin well again(NH).
SoulClap wrote:Zo is a faggot.
Haha!