Home Run Derby thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Dunnnnleavy

Home Run Derby thread

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

BOBBY ABREU IS CRUSHING! 19 HRs with 2 outs to go in the first round...jeez

edit: 24 dingers...i feel sorry for Jason Bay coming up to bat 2nd
Last edited by Dunnnnleavy on Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

Tariq's Dilemma

Post by Tariq's Dilemma »

Bobby DID kill it.

To every part of the ballfield too.

Anyone else see how fucking gay mike piazza is?

Damn :arrow:

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

ahaha, yea Piazza definitely deserves the fat :blaowarrow: . and Johnny Damon looked really uncomfortable, like an "Ugh, I can't believe I was hoaxed into this" face. Piazza might've been drunk or some shit.
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

Tariq's Dilemma

I feel bad for Jason Bay

He got :ironmike: by Bobby.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Bobby Abreu was filthy out there. So was Carlos Lee actually, but since Abreu hit 1,598 home runs in his first at bat, Carlos didn't seem special.

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

Carlos will end up winning it

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Holy crap, major league players using corked bats to blast meatballs 450 ft, how exciting. Shit gets old fast.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tariq's Dilemma

stupidregister wrote:Holy crap, major league players using corked bats to blast meatballs 450 ft, how exciting. Shit gets old fast.
Do you enjoy anything?

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Tariq's Dilemma wrote:
stupidregister wrote:Holy crap, major league players using corked bats to blast meatballs 450 ft, how exciting. Shit gets old fast.
Do you enjoy anything?
Not mindless awing at a repeated action consisting of meatheads swinging a stick while fans drool at how far some roid freak can send a ball into orbit.

You're telling me you watched every swing? Come back an hour later and it's like you didn't miss a thing.

Oh and I like the nice political touch to try and draw interest. You think plastering someone's flag on the jersey is gonna draw any more significance to the event? Nobody cares about the stupid "World Baseball Classic" that hasn't even started yet.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

"I don't want to play in Detroit.. the field is too deep." - Juan "Gone" Gonzolez
ImageImage
ImageImage

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Pudge is creepin'...But I think Papi's got it.

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

Positive A wrote:Pudge is creepin'...But I think Papi's got it.
GO PUDGE GO! GO PUDGE GO!
Win it at home.. OFF TO THE FINALS!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

So much for Papi.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

So wait, Pudge can hit homers just not in the regular season?

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Philaflava wrote:So wait, Pudge can hit homers just not in the regular season?
LOL. For real. What does he have? 6 or something? He hit some knocks too. Abreu put on a clinic. He's the man. Underrated as fuck. Like, he's got a permanent spot on the all time underrated team, hitting before Rafael Palmeiro.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Positive A wrote:
LOL. For real. What does he have? 6 or something? He hit some knocks too. Abreu put on a clinic. He's the man. Underrated as fuck. Like, he's got a permanent spot on the all time underrated team, hitting before Rafael Palmeiro.
Yeah, I been saying that about Abreau since the late 90's. But back to Pudge, that fucko is on my fantasy team and I think he's batting something like .290 with 6 HR's, so yeah where the fuck is all this coming from tonight.

If a lead off like Brian Roberts can hit them, so can the #2 guy.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Philaflava wrote:
Positive A wrote:
Yeah, I been saying that about Abreau since the late 90's. But back to Pudge, that fucko is on my fantasy team and I think he's batting something like .290 with 6 HR's, so yeah where the fuck is all this coming from tonight.

there aren't many catchers out there who are producing lately, though. .290 ain't all that bad out of that position. Tigers will be alright in the 2nd half. Pudge will be Pudge soon enough.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

uh Abreau isn't juicing, and crushed the old total, and single round records

Tariq's Dilemma

Positive A wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Positive A wrote:

there aren't many catchers out there who are producing lately, though. .290 ain't all that bad out of that position. Tigers will be alright in the 2nd half. Pudge will be Pudge soon enough.
Being a right handed hitter at comerica is tough though, man.

Pudge himself has said that the stadium has been eatin his hits up.

Tariq's Dilemma

And stupid, you can't act as if the home run derby wasn't good for baseball. Yeah, them trying to push the whole "baseball around the world" angle is just trying to hide the imperialistic nature of the sport, but Bobby and Poppi singehandily will make people forget the Balco-era of baseball all the faster.

This home run derby was just what baseball, and the fans, needed.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Tariq's Dilemma wrote:And stupid, you can't act as if the home run derby wasn't good for baseball. Yeah, them trying to push the whole "baseball around the world" angle is just trying to hide the imperialistic nature of the sport, but Bobby and Poppi singehandily will make people forget the Balco-era of baseball all the faster.

This home run derby was just what baseball, and the fans, needed.
True enough. It was awesome watching Abreu crush the ball with that text book left handed swing.

What happened to the North American contigent though? Bay and Texeira with 1 dinger between the 2 of them. Sad.

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

Is unpudgy Pudge still Pudge?.. He's really slimmed down this year..
Hmm.. Balco??.. But he's still an all-star catcher.. he needs a new nickname.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

i hate home run derby even though i watch it every year. the international theme this year made it even gayer even though i had alot of fun watching the dominicans' antics.

the only home run derbys i ever liked were the old school home run challenges where they pit cats like the mick, stan musial, willie mays, hank aaron against each other one on one.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

Interviews with latin born players are funny

Sam Ryan: "How important was this?"

Abreu: "I yoos love to play, for may cooowntry"

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

stupidregister wrote:
Tariq's Dilemma wrote:
Do you enjoy anything?
Not mindless awing at a repeated action consisting of meatheads swinging a stick while fans drool at how far some roid freak can send a ball into orbit.

You're telling me you watched every swing? Come back an hour later and it's like you didn't miss a thing.

Oh and I like the nice political touch to try and draw interest. You think plastering someone's flag on the jersey is gonna draw any more significance to the event? Nobody cares about the stupid "World Baseball Classic" that hasn't even started yet.
In other words: when kids were delegated the task of picking teams, you were the last one picked in every sport, you played right field on your little league team, batted ninth, and only came into the game at all because of the manditory rule that states every player must have at least one at bat and play a full inning in the field.

Not being able to hit the ball 1/8th the distance as Brett Butler on a check-swing is no excuse for such obvious hatred of all things athletic, my aptly titled little friend, the stupid register.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

FoJaR

Post by FoJaR »

Cleanhobo wrote:you played right field on your little league team
YO MAN, DONT DISS RIGHT FIELD.

From the land of the UNBANNED

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Cleanhobo wrote:
stupidregister wrote:
Tariq's Dilemma wrote:
Do you enjoy anything?

In other words: when kids were delegated the task of picking teams, you were the last one picked in every sport, you played right field on your little league team, batted ninth, and only came into the game at all because of the manditory rule that states every player must have at least one at bat and play a full inning in the field.

Not being able to hit the ball 1/8th the distance as Brett Butler on a check-swing is no excuse for such obvious hatred of all things athletic, my aptly titled little friend, the stupid register.
I think you need to get out more.

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

Still not a fan of Abreau, struck out with the bases loaded last night, 3-2 heater right over the middle right by him

guy is Crutch when it counts, he has a decent avg with runners in scoring position but with 2 outs he is batting in the 220's

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

stupidregister wrote:
Cleanhobo wrote:
stupidregister wrote:
Tariq's Dilemma wrote:
Do you enjoy anything?

I think you need to get out more.
Coming from you, that's probably the most :lol: worthy comment I've ever heard. Thanks for that.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

You decided to bring up a topic that was dead for days just to try and insult me. Well done, sir.