Sports at the Stadium

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Positive A

Sports at the Stadium

Post by Positive A »

I've been able to see at least 1 game from the MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL and its always better to see the game live. What is your favorite sport to watch live and have you ever seen anything memorable?

I would say the best sport to watch live is NHL hockey. Hockey is probably my 4th favorite of the 4, but when you are at the rink, its just totally different.

The NFL is great because of the tailgaiting (Buffalo knows how to do this shit) but I'm always hammered by the 3rd quarter.

I've never really witnessed anything that's stuck with me over the years, though.

SoyDeSeattle

Post by SoyDeSeattle »

Baseball used to be my sport, but it has to be the worst to watch live because you can't change the channel during the early innings or when you know nothing is going to happen. Football has a lot of downtime also but I'd put it ahead of baseball. Basketball has to be my favorite, mainly because it's my favorite sport in general.
I put some bubbles in the tub so I can take a bubble bath

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

SoyDeSeattle wrote:Baseball used to be my sport, but it has to be the worst to watch live because you can't change the channel during the early innings or when you know nothing is going to happen. Football has a lot of downtime also but I'd put it ahead of baseball. Basketball has to be my favorite, mainly because it's my favorite sport in general.
There's something about watching baseball live, though. The last game I was at was July 2 in Boston against the Jays...the game where Boomer Wells freaked out on the Umps. It was a packed house, an exciting game, I was getting drunk, was with my pops...I don't know. There's something charming about baseball. (no hideo no'mo)

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

i've never seen a pro football game live.

but out of hockey, baseball, and basketball, i've enjoyed watching baseball games the most. i prefer a chill atmosphere.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Gregg Popabitch wrote: i enjoy watching baseball games the most. i prefer a chill atmosphere.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

SoyDeSeattle

Post by SoyDeSeattle »

Baseball does have that charm to it, I agree. Going to a game on a summer day when you have nothing else to do and just relaxing is pretty cool, but lately I've been having too much trouble watching it... probably because my team is the Mariners.
I put some bubbles in the tub so I can take a bubble bath

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

i heard safeco's a nice park though.

Masked Terror #1

Post by Masked Terror #1 »

Been lucky enough to catch some really dope sporting events live.

Been to the World Series a few times, starting with the Yanks-Dodgers match up in 81. Highlight would have to be watching the Yanks take the Subway Series during Game 5 at Shea.

Caught the Niners-Chargers Super Bowl at Joe Robbie in 95. Regardless of the game, going to a Super Bowl is really ill.

I've gone to a few Stanley Cup games, but never saw the Cup change hands. Illest sporting event I ever went to was Game 5 of the 2000 series, the Stars triple OT 1-0 victory. I've never seen that much tension in an arena, everyone on the edge of the seat, waiting for one goal that could have won the cup for the Devils right there. After the length of two regulation games back-to-back, the silence was deafening when the Stars fianally ended it with a funny goal that just trickled in on Brodeur.

Seen men's and women's Tennis Grand Slam finals at all the events except for Wimbledon. Will have to complete that collection some time.

Never been to an NBA finals game, might have to try and make that happen next year.

Raphael De La Ghetto

Post by Raphael De La Ghetto »

I've been to all 4 major sports live and I'd put it this way...

Hockey>basketball>Football>baseball

although you can't go wrong with any of them.
Man I wish Leaf tickets were reasonably priced.

FoJaR

Post by FoJaR »

i dont like watching baseball at the stadium because there's no couch to fall asleep on.

I'M NOT HATING, YOU KNOW IT HAPPENS.

From the land of the UNBANNED

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

FoJaR wrote:i dont like watching baseball at the stadium because there's no couch to fall asleep on.

I'M NOT HATING, YOU KNOW IT HAPPENS.
Yeah. Its true. but that's what makes it great. You can snooze for 20 minutes in the sun. Except in Fenway where the seats resemble a medievel torturing device.

FoJaR

Post by FoJaR »

i've only been to camden yards.

sleep there was not possible.

From the land of the UNBANNED

Myjah

Post by Myjah »

I love baseball, but the best sport to see live is Hockey. Far and away.

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

Live

Baseball
Hockey
NBA
Football (so many fucking breaks when you are there live)

TV
Football
NBA
MLB
NHL

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

:cry:

never been to any
ImageImage
ImageImage

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

wait.. ive been to baseball.. but that's a kids game.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Diggedy

Post by Diggedy »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:i've never seen a pro football game live.
GP : "OMG! WTF ELI????
SECURITY : "Sir, we're going to have to ask you to calm down"
GP : "OMG! RACIST!"

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

I actually preferred by college experience with sports than the Pro so far just cause the kids are real into it. I went to UF in the mid 90's when we get ass. I used to go watch Gator basketball just because they weren't all that. They still aren't all that, but now they get ranked.

I can say a Pats game at Gillette is much nicer than the old stadium. Steel benches are never fun.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

If it wasnt for tailgating, football would be the worst, esp. in cold ass weather.

Hockey is by far the best, soccer is def. underrated

of course, all are good if enough beer is consumed
Homer Simpson after quiting drinking wrote:I never knew how boring this game really was

Jennie C
FUCK YOU REGGIEBIRD

Post by Jennie C »

The best game I ever saw live was when I landed court-side Knicks tickets. And shockingly, the Knicks actually won the game too. After that, it
hopps wrote:i also think mindbender wastes way too much time on this message board. i think he should never come here again. seriously, man.