next year jason kidd

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

next year jason kidd

Post by Reason »

will re-establish himself as the best point guard in the nba

and i'm not a nets fan
Nets 2022

BeHemoth
Bam Bam

Post by BeHemoth »

the nets should make an impact next year, Rahim curse or no. I think Kidd can make that guy a lot better. this should be a fun team to watch. and I'm also not a fan.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

they are going to be good.

fuck vince carter though

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

bringinoutbangerz wrote:they are going to be good.

fuck vince carter though
I'm a Nets fan, but I agree:

Fuck Vince Carter. They should have never gave up on Martin so they could go after him; that's a big blemish on Rod Thorn's noteworthy career.

Sheeet; I'd trade him right now for someone like Ron Artest, shit, even for Tayshawn Prince and a 2nd round pick.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

How is paying Kenyon Martin the max a smart move?

They got enough money to lock up Jefferson and trade for Carter along with getting Abdur-Rahim. Kenyon Martin for the max was probably the worst offseason move last summer because he can't do jack shit in the half-court game. He's strictly an athletic player. His production went down and he had a crappy year. Paying him the max is idiotic. He's a decent rebounder and an enforcer-type cat but he has no range and no post moves. I remember during the Finals against the Lakers he completely disappeared. Yeah it cost the Nets for 1 year but later on you'll realize how much better off they are. How can you argue with the team they have now?
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

stupidregister wrote:Kenyon Martin for can't do jack shit in the half-court game. He's strictly an athletic player. Paying him the max is idiotic. He's a decent rebounder and an enforcer-type cat
I agree with all the above. He should tithe to Jason Kidd for making him look better than he was.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Sankofa wrote:
stupidregister wrote:Kenyon Martin for can't do jack shit in the half-court game. He's strictly an athletic player. Paying him the max is idiotic. He's a decent rebounder and an enforcer-type cat
I agree with all the above. He should tithe to Jason Kidd for making him look better than he was.
lol at an NBA player tithing

SoulClap

Post by SoulClap »

Kenyon had a good game against the Lakers where he exploded for 17 in the first quarter and finished with 35. Funny shit is right after the one good game he takes shots at KVH for disappearing in the series. I also can't forget the choke job this fucking cat pulled in game 5 and 6 vs. the Spurs. He was like a combined 3/40 from the field in the two games. The only reason I don't totally hate him is because he elbowed Karl Malone in the face, that deserves some props.
The game is a oxymoron; we sold free-base

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

stupidregister wrote:How is paying Kenyon Martin the max a smart move?

They got enough money to lock up Jefferson and trade for Carter along with getting Abdur-Rahim. Kenyon Martin for the max was probably the worst offseason move last summer because he can't do jack shit in the half-court game. He's strictly an athletic player. His production went down and he had a crappy year. Paying him the max is idiotic. He's a decent rebounder and an enforcer-type cat but he has no range and no post moves. I remember during the Finals against the Lakers he completely disappeared. Yeah it cost the Nets for 1 year but later on you'll realize how much better off they are. How can you argue with the team they have now?
That's a good point.

I still stand by what I said about rather having Artest or Prince than Carter. Carter is a huge liability on D.

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

I also heard that next year, Jason Kidd's fugly kid will be getting his full time gig on as

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

b0mbs_of_death wrote:I also heard that next year, Jason Kidd's fugly kid will be getting his full time gig on as
:rockout:

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Icesickle wrote:I still stand by what I said about rather having Artest or Prince than Carter. Carter is a huge liability on D.
Artest maybe. But if you're a Nets fan, you should be praising the Lord that you stole Vince from Toronto. Yeah he's a liability on D but he was absolutely killing people when he got to NJ and he bring some excitement to the Swamp. Hopefully he'll get the lazy-ass pepole to cross the bridge and come watch the Nets run it up.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

an-also

Post by an-also »

stupidregister wrote:
Icesickle wrote:I still stand by what I said about rather having Artest or Prince than Carter. Carter is a huge liability on D.
Artest maybe. But if you're a Nets fan, you should be praising the Lord that you stole Vince from Toronto. Yeah he's a liability on D but he was absolutely killing people when he got to NJ and he bring some excitement to the Swamp. Hopefully he'll get the lazy-ass pepole to cross the bridge and come watch the Nets run it up.
Cosigned on those accounts. Kmart max contract is brutal. So vince cant play D, ok he still gets you 25 ppg and gets the crowd into games. He pretty much carried you guys into the playoffs last year. Nets are a top 4 team in the east this year with SAR. I always said J Kidd is better than nash. Put J kidd in the suns instead of nash and he would have had the same success as nash. Kidd should have won the MVP a few years ago but he got robbed.

Sir Loin

Post by Sir Loin »

health and lack of physical players will kill the nets and they will not win the east
and when kidd retires it will be without a ring

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

shareef is not the answer. the guy will put up good numbers when he's the go to guy on a bad team, but he ain't shit when he slides to the 3rd option, which is what he'll be. the team will do well, but it won't be because of him.

an-also

Post by an-also »

jredd109 wrote:shareef is not the answer. the guy will put up good numbers when he's the go to guy on a bad team, but he ain't shit when he slides to the 3rd option, which is what he'll be. the team will do well, but it won't be because of him.
I dont think anybody's sayin the nets are gonna do well cause of him. He's still gonna be a solid contrubter though.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

stupidregister wrote:
Vince acts like a bitch, and you don't won't a person like him on your team... Kobe Bryant has skills too, but I wouldn't want him either. Look at the Spurs and the Pistons. Both teams don't have a guy who can do showstopping dunks and 360 jump shots, but they both have a crew of guys with heart and mental toughness.

Also, the Nets desperatly need defense to start their fast break offense. No rebounds and steals = no fast break.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Icesickle wrote:Vince acts like a bitch
Vince acted like a bitch. How can you still hate on him after he averaged like 28, 6, and 5? He saved your franchise. Not only did he get them into the playoffs, he got Jason happy, and probably got you Reef.
Icesickle wrote:Also, the Nets desperatly need defense to start their fast break offense. No rebounds and steals = no fast break.
First of all, Jason Kidd is a one man fast break. He doesn't need anyone else to get it going. Plus Vince gives you 6 boards, RJ gets 7, Shareef can get you 8 or 9, Krstic is good for 10 and Kidd is the best rebounding PG in the league, especially for his size. He's got ridiculous quickness and is a solid defender and can get a break going on his own. They have the potential to play a solid pressing game if they decide to go that way.

Steals? Vince gets 1.5, RJ 1, Kidd 2. Plus with Reef and Krstic you get some nice compliments down low to keep the opposition honest. Both are developed offensively and Krstic is only getting better. They also provide some good size to match up defensively. The only thing they really lack is a dependable 3pt shooter in the half-court and an athletic shot blocker along with a little deeper bench.

This is clearly a better team than Kidd, Martin, Kittles, Van Horn, and Collins (I think that was their Finals team). I'm excited to watch them and I've never even really been a Nets fan, you shouldn't complain about who they got because it's pretty damn good. They should be fun to watch and got the Atlantic division pretty much locked up.

an-also

Post by an-also »

I'm excited to see the nets play too. Should be a good up and down team.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

stupidregister owns this thread

people fail to mention/realize/remember...how many games did vince and jkidd have with a completely healthy RJ?

the shit is going to be scary

i have this running image in my head of jkidd throwing an oop to VC who then throws another oop off the backboard to RJ...or some kind of double alley oop

btw...jason collins is a good defender. they don't have two all-star centers, but they have two very solid ones, one whose roof is not yet known and could be all-star caliber
Nets 2022

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

reason is yellow wrote:i have this running image in my head of jkidd throwing an oop to VC who then throws another oop off the backboard to RJ...or some kind of double alley oop
All you gotta do is remember that off the backboard pass Kidd had to Carter in the Garden that one night. Get used to it people.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Sir Loin wrote: and when kidd retires it will be without a ring
hey even magic and oscar both needed kareem
Nets 2022

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

reason is yellow wrote:
i have this running image in my head of jkidd throwing an oop to VC who then throws another oop off the backboard to RJ...or some kind of double alley oop
ON SOME NBA STREET SHIT

YOU WOULD GET A GAMEBREAKER QUICK FAST SON

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

I'm not denying that Vince is a good player and that'll he'll bring fans in, give the Nets an offensive force, etc.

I just think the Nets desperatly need a defensive-first player on their team. Someone who can get blocks, steals, rebounds, and intimidate people if they come into the paint. The current Nets team doesn't have that at all. That's why I'd rather have someone like Artest or Prince (+ draft pick) because the Nets already have enough offense in Kidd, Jefferson, Raheim, Wright, and Krstic.

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

stupidregister wrote:
This is clearly a better team than Kidd, Martin, Kittles, Van Horn, and Collins (I think that was their Finals team).
damn...looking back, that's either a testament to how shit awful the East was from 1999-2003 (when the Pistons, Pacers, and then Heat emerged) or how dope Kidd really was/is at the end of his prime. this team will probably be the most fun team to watch other than the Suns next year, but i'll be surprised if Kidd gets a championship at this stage in his career and shocked if Carter ever wins one.
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Icesickle wrote:I'm not denying that Vince is a good player and that'll he'll bring fans in, give the Nets an offensive force, etc.

I just think the Nets desperatly need a defensive-first player on their team. Someone who can get blocks, steals, rebounds, and intimidate people if they come into the paint. The current Nets team doesn't have that at all. That's why I'd rather have someone like Artest or Prince (+ draft pick) because the Nets already have enough offense in Kidd, Jefferson, Raheim, Wright, and Krstic.
Yeah, which is why going after Stromile Swift would have probably been a better option if they wanted to be based on athleticism. Shareef is a very steady player, especially half-court but Swift is much more atheltic and could run the break just as easily as the perimeter guys. He could always block shots to get breaks going like you mentioned and grab some rebounds although he isn't polished offensively and Reef is much more effective in the half-court. Swift would have been a perfect fit for a run and gun team but I think they went with Reef because he provides a better balance between a full court team and a run and gun. Maybe they thought getting Swift would make them a 10 as a run and gun team and maybe an 8 in the half court versus Shareef who would probably make them a 9 in both aspects.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Dunnnnleavy wrote:
stupidregister wrote:
This is clearly a better team than Kidd, Martin, Kittles, Van Horn, and Collins (I think that was their Finals team).
damn...looking back, that's either a testament to how shit awful the East was from 1999-2003 (when the Pistons, Pacers, and then Heat emerged) or how dope Kidd really was/is at the end of his prime. this team will probably be the most fun team to watch other than the Suns next year, but i'll be surprised if Kidd gets a championship at this stage in his career and shocked if Carter ever wins one.
Kidd was ridiculous those first 2 years in NJ but the East was pretty soft. Stranger things have happened, they could be scary come playoff time. I think they've got the #3 seed easy and maybe even #2.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

stupidregister wrote:[This is clearly a better team than Kidd, Martin, Kittles, Van Horn, and Collins (I think that was their Finals team).
ROFLMBAO!!!!

Yeah, ok, keep telling yourself that. Contributing 20 something points a game in no way makes up for not playing solid D. Especially when none of your other stats help make up for that.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Cash Rulz wrote:
stupidregister wrote:[This is clearly a better team than Kidd, Martin, Kittles, Van Horn, and Collins (I think that was their Finals team).
ROFLMBAO!!!!

Yeah, ok, keep telling yourself that. Contributing 20 something points a game in no way makes up for not playing solid D. Especially when none of your other stats help make up for that.
Carter > Kittles
Jefferson > Van Horn
Krstic > Collins

?

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

stupidregister wrote:
Cash Rulz wrote:
ROFLMBAO!!!!

Carter > Kittles
Jefferson > Van Horn
Krstic > Collins

?
The truth is somewhere in the middle. This is a better team - not by that much - and I hope Frank does defensive drills all summer and fall.

SR, I think you're focusing too much on Carter's entertainment value and his marquee status, and just neglecting to take into account his lack of heart, leadership, etc. A team is more than the sum of its parts or something....