T.O.'s fate...

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

T.O.'s fate...

Post by Cash Rulz »

What do you think it will be?

To me he's an obvious distraction and all that crap about doing what's best for your family like the money they're paying you now isn't enough is ridiculous.

To me I think he's under the impression that one great receiver can actually make the difference in winning a Super Bowl.

He's a selfish fuck and I think the Eagles should just straight up release him.

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

I support TO. He is a bitch for taking shots a McNabb, but he is right on about the money.

There are no guaranteed contracts in the NFL. Teams cut players when their salary's are too high or they get injuried. You could be a top 5 player one year, and out on your ass the next (Ty Law for example).

NFL players barely get any leverage, and they should take advanatge of it when they have it.

FuckYou

Post by FuckYou »

Yuo know, on one hand I think you're right and other the other hand I think TO is smarter than we realize.

If the Eagles release him it just shows who is more greedy in the NFL- the owners.

The owners know careers won't last more than six years, on average, and that's why they back-load contracts because many players won't make it that long in the leauge (and when they do, they cut the players!). On top of that teams can release players like it's nothing, there are no gaurenteed contracts in the NFL. A star player can be unemployeed as quickly as a third-stringer (to my knowledge, at least).

I also think TO is doing this just as much for other players as he is doing it for himself. Deep down he might see himself as a Curt Flood type hero except he has more leverage because Flood wasn't 10% the baseball player that TO is a football player (and that is no dis to Flood).

For the Eagles (and all owners) it is a lose-lose situation. You lose if you re-structure his contract because it looks like you don't have a backbone. You lose if you release him because it certifies what TO and his agent have been saying the whole time about the owners and their shady business practices.

Now, I will be the first to admit I don't know shit about football and I am not a fan but I am interested in how this pans out.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

ALL I KNOW IS I LOVE HEARING ABOUT IT EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY! MORE T.O. PLEASE! AND WHILE WE'RE AT IT, LETS TALK ABOUT DANICA PATRICK YEAH!

FuckYou

Post by FuckYou »

bringinoutbangerz wrote:ALL I KNOW IS I LOVE HEARING ABOUT IT EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY! MORE T.O. PLEASE! AND WHILE WE'RE AT IT, LETS TALK ABOUT DANICA PATRICK YEAH!
:ohsh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, you live in Philly don't you? You prolly hear about this non stop?

Danica... ha... who?

TomRollin

Post by TomRollin »

bringinoutbangerz wrote:ALL I KNOW IS I LOVE HEARING ABOUT IT EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY! MORE T.O. PLEASE! AND WHILE WE'RE AT IT, LETS TALK ABOUT DANICA PATRICK YEAH!
This my friends is the sad, sad sight of a football deprived man.

djm13

Post by djm13 »

FuckYou wrote: I also think TO is doing this just as much for other players as he is doing it for himself.
no, hes doing it for himself...make no mistake about it...to only cares about himself....im not even saying that hes wrong for that..but thats how he is

and i just have a hard time feeling bad for these guys making X million dollars a year....yeah, your contract is backloaded..but guess what...its frontloaded too..just not quite excessively enough for you....i dont want to hear your whining

FuckYou

Post by FuckYou »

djm13 wrote:
FuckYou wrote: I also think TO is doing this just as much for other players as he is doing it for himself.
no, hes doing it for himself...make no mistake about it...to only cares about himself....im not even saying that hes wrong for that..but thats how he is

and i just have a hard time feeling bad for these guys making X million dollars a year....yeah, your contract is backloaded..but guess what...its frontloaded too..just not quite excessively enough for you....i dont want to hear your whining
Well if you are a football fan you know more than I do on the subject, I was just speaking my piece.

TomRollin

Post by TomRollin »

does anyone know how much T.O. is making this year? I heard it was only a couple hundred thousands, but that could be wrong.

If its right, then i certainly dont blame the man for holding out.

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

FuckYou wrote:
djm13 wrote:

Well if you are a football fan you know more than I do on the subject, I was just speaking my piece.
No, you're right Fuck You. TO's agent is using his contract negotations as a way to change how the NFL deals with contracts (someone needs to because the NFL union is a disgrace).That is why NFL management are pressuring the Eagles to not give in to TO's demands.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

TO would make around 3 million this year.

And NFL teams never cut a starting player. If that was the case, why didn't Tampa just release Keyshaun Johnson?

In the NFL you have to play for your spot, even if you have a contract. What would you prefer a bunch of Grant Hill's? I feel bad for those that get cut due to injury but that usually only happens to older dudes.

He's being ridiculous. I admit he's a great, impact player, but only Marvin Harrison makes more than him (as a receiver) and rightfully so.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Cash Rulz wrote:TO would make around 3 million this year.

And NFL teams never cut a starting player.
If that was the case, why didn't Tampa just release Keyshaun Johnson?

In the NFL you have to play for your spot, even if you have a contract. What would you prefer a bunch of Grant Hill's? I feel bad for those that get cut due to injury but that usually only happens to older dudes.

He's being ridiculous. I admit he's a great, impact player, but only Marvin Harrison makes more than him (as a receiver) and rightfully so.
laywer milloy in 01?

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

naturalborn103 wrote:
Cash Rulz wrote:TO would make around 3 million this year.

And NFL teams never cut a starting player.
If that was the case, why didn't Tampa just release Keyshaun Johnson?

laywer milloy in 01?
and countless others

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

keyshaun didn't get cut cus they would have taken a hti in the salary cap department and they thought they could get something back for him in the market

djm13

Post by djm13 »

you honestly believe that TO isnt doing this because he simply wants more money? fuck out of here

maybe rosenhaus is using him as a pawn to change things...but TO just wants his cash

and like cash rulz said...would you rather have the nba/mlb where scrubs are making absolutely absurd amounts of money or the nfl where players get cut yet the year before made X million dollars....sorry, i just dont feel bad for someone that just made 7 mill in the past 3 years playing football getting cut and not cashing in for 10 mill in one season...

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

personally, I support any effort in which the eagles are tortured. As soon as TO inked that deal I knew the Philadelphia sporting fan community (or klan) would eventually hate him. I also knew he would want out, just like former favorite son Jerimiah (bitch) Trotter. So while I am sure that this entire sha-bang will end uncerimoniously with Terrel playing all year (with constant punch myself in the face-worthy television updates) I will always approve of any situation where the eagles are not the beneficiary.

GO T.O.

GO T.O.

GO T.O.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

If I'm the Eagles, I let TO hold out all he wants and fine him each day he doesn't show. No way do I release him so he can go where he pleases.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

the Eagles last yr were the best team they have been in the McNabb era, they can't afford to let him leave

this isn't just a good wr, this is a top10 alltime WR that is still at the top of his game

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

djm13 wrote:you honestly believe that TO isnt doing this because he simply wants more money? fuck out of here

Of course he is doing it for money. But when a player does it for money he is turned into a villian. But management is praised for cutting players. Bullshit