Antoine Walker to Miami?

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

FuckYou

Antoine Walker to Miami?

Post by FuckYou »

From ESPN:

MIAMI -- Free agent forward Antoine Walker met this week with Miami Heat president Pat Riley, though no contract offer was made.

"It was a chance for them to spend some time together," agent Mark Bartelstein said. "They had never really spoken at length. They had a really good meeting."

Bartelstein said there's mutual interest. He declined to discuss the likely timetable for a deal or what might come next.

"We're looking at a lot of different things," Bartelstein said. "There are a lot of moving parts to this."

Walker, a three-time All-Star, averaged 19.1 points and nine rebounds last season for the Atlanta Hawks and Boston Celtics.

The nine-year veteran played his first seven seasons in Boston before a trade to the Dallas Mavericks in 2003. Dallas traded him again the following offseason to Atlanta, where he spent most of 2004-05 before a trade back to Boston.

Walker has career averages of 19.8 points and 8.7 rebounds.

----

I think Walker would be forced into being a team player. Reily wouldn't put up with that shit and Shaq would slap 'Toine around like a 'ho.

This could be a good move.

C- Shaq
SG- Wade
PG- either of the Jones
SF- Walker
PF- Haselem

Bench with the other Jones, Mourning, Butler, and a developing Wright.

Hopefully champions in 2006 too ;)

avalanche

Post by avalanche »

:meh: not impressed

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

He's a fatter Damon Jones.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

i would have rather seen a brevin knight signing

Patches O'Houlihan

Post by Patches O'Houlihan »

this is shitty
A new era has begun and it goes by the numbers 1,3,6

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

As a Heat fan I boo this move. Do not take the ball out of Wade's hands any more than necessary. Walker will not get the shots he wants, and when he does get touches he will jack up bullshit. At least Shaq will win the rebound title now...

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

:shittylikesometp:

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

5 team deal.

heat gets jason williams, antoine walker, and james posey.

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

I am a little worried bout this. Two ball hogs for Eddie Jones. This could either be brilliant of the worst trade since the Knicks sent Mohammad to San Antonio for Malik Rose. I never will get that, or the Celtics giving Gin Baker top money.

Tariq's Dilemma

Post by Tariq's Dilemma »

C'S GET A MAD DOGGY

HE MAD DOGGY

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

Danny does it again!

We have 7 mil in trade money for trading a guy we weren't even going to re-sign.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

1 word
4 letters

RING

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

When does a washed up Antione Walker, J-Will, and James Posey guarentee a ring?

Indiana is assing a healthy O' Neal, Artest, Saras, and granger. How is that not better then what Miami did?

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

OMNI wrote:
Indiana is assing a healthy O' Neal, Artest, Saras, and granger. How is that not better then what Miami did?
When has Indiana not choked in the playoffs??

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

OMNI wrote:When does a washed up Antione Walker, J-Will, and James Posey guarentee a ring?

:blaowarrow:

in all seriousness, i feel indiana is the best team in the east still.

it seems everywhere i read, shaq is making j-will his next project. and antoine walker is washed up? sure he ain't great but washed up?

just like boston fans to bash a player when he leaves.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

OMNI wrote:When does a washed up Antione Walker, J-Will, and James Posey guarentee a ring?
They don't = a ring. They equal insurance. Like when Wade was out in game 3? We need a score besides Wade & Shaq. An offense can run behind Walker if need be. We just insured ourselves to have a better bench and back up just incase anyone goes down for a bit. Shaq didn't take less money to be the 2nd best team in the league, ya know?

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:

it seems everywhere i read, shaq is making j-will his next project. and antoine walker is washed up? sure he ain't great but washed up?

just like boston fans to bash a player when he leaves.
I LOVE Antione's leadership. The guy is a Celtic, and he understands what it means to be a Celtic. But the guy is 6-8 and he can't dunk anymore. Did you watch the playoffs? He was either missing lay ups or getting his shot blocked by a one handed O' Neal.

His knees have gotten worse every season. Antione is still a great passer, clutch player, and leader. But he is not a great fit for Miami. They already have a clutch player to take shots (Wade) and a also have leader (Shaq). So you're paying 52 mil to a guy who brings nothing new to your team.

Shaq can make a medicore PFs great, but how can he make a PG great who has shown no signs of basketball maturity since he has been in the league.

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

Philaflava wrote:
They don't = a ring. They equal insurance. Like when Wade was out in game 3? We need a score besides Wade & Shaq. An offense can run behind Walker if need be. We just insured ourselves to have a better bench and back up just incase anyone goes down for a bit. Shaq didn't take less money to be the 2nd best team in the league, ya know?
It doesn't matter who you bring in. If Wade isn't healthy you don't win shit.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

phila, you seem giddy at these additions. and you have every right to be.

but you have to understand there are some huge question marks.

but i don't see how these pieces fit other then james posey who could be an awesome role player on a contender (which he's on now).

i like walker alot as a player and competitor. he's not as athletic as he used to be but he still has some good skills. he's a very good ball handler for a player his size. he's a good passer. he has a solid outside shot even though he might shoot it alot. and he has a solid post game. however, will he play defense like van gundy wants him to? will he be happy being the third option behind shaq and wade (he wasn't happy when he was the third option in dallas)? what if he comes off the bench? will he be happy?

the question about whether jason williams can play defense like van gundy will want needs to be posed as well. he also takes alot of three point shots and makes only a weak percentage of them. last couple of years in memphis, he hasn't been as turnover prone as he was before. can he continue that in miami?

plus we all know how shaq complained about not getting enough shots in that game against detroit. with the additions of walker, j-will, and posey as well as wade, and maybe if they re-sign d. jones......are there enough balls to go around :arrow: ?

those are serious questions about miami right now.

the only question about indiana revolved around artest. will he learn to control his emotions? you'd hope so after getting a year off with the most severe suspension in sports history. plus indy adds the best player in europe and a top 10 player from the draft to come off the bench.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

OMNI wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
false, if shaq isn't healthy, they don't win shit.

people forget shaq wasn't healthy the last quarter of the season and throughout the playoffs.

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
OMNI wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
false, if shaq isn't healthy, they don't win shit.

people forget shaq wasn't healthy the last quarter of the season and throughout the playoffs.
Come on, you know that if Wade doesn't get injured they go to the finals.

Shaq makes your team a title contender, and Wade makes your title contender a title winner.

Shaq still has the biggest impact of any player in the league, he can take probably any team to the confrence finals. But he is on the down slide of his career, still second best player but not PRIME SHAQ.

So when it gets down to crunch time against the elite teams he needs a healthy Wade to win.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

and i forgot that you cannot discount san antonio so easily.

they are still the best team in the nba.

and shaq might be on the downside of his career but to me, he is still the second best player in the nba.

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
and shaq might be on the downside of his career but to me, he is still the second best player in the nba.
I agree. A over the hill Shaq = 2nd best player in the league. That's how great he was in his prime.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

OMNI wrote:Shaq can make a medicore PFs great, but how can he make a PG great who has shown no signs of basketball maturity since he has been in the league.
A steady dose of giant-handed pimp slaps.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Sankofa wrote:
OMNI wrote:Shaq can make a medicore PFs great, but how can he make a PG great who has shown no signs of basketball maturity since he has been in the league.

someone needs to photoshop immediately.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Sankofa wrote:
someone needs to photoshop immediately.
I concur.

AaronLive

Post by AaronLive »

i'm a celtics fan...but i dont bash players after they leave..i was pissed when we didn't resign pedro..and i thought he was great..and still think he's great..but as for Antoine walker...he was the most frustrating player to watch on the celtics..other than maybe Kendrick Perkins...missing 2 free throws to not win a playoff game is awful...but back to antoine..he is very inconsistent...sure he can average 20 points a night..but sometimes he shoots the ball 34 times..right one night he shot the ball 34 times...he misses a lot of shots...a lot of shots which are at the hoop even at times...but game 6 vs indiana he had the most amazing antoine performance ever when paul pierce was ejected and he single handedly led us to victory..that was the one night i thought antoine was a great player..however more often than not you're going to get a very average player...

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

People think that Williams and Walker are gonna be all wild and ball-hogging. It's not going down like that, they're not Kobe Bryant. They got no pressure because Wade and Shaq got everything on them so even though they've never been role-players before, they're gonna change because a) they're already getting paid b) they're gonna win some serious games if they do it right c) they'll look 10x better running everything through the Diesel.

The only thing they need to worry about is half-court defense because Walker can't bend at the knees and Whit Eboy is basically a matador. But they still got BIG in the back.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

there is a difference between Walker's situation in Dallas and the one in Miami. The Mark Cuban Mavericks are always sort of scattered around Dirk Nowitzki, not even built. Nobody ever really knows who's the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th go-to guys there and Walker ended up being caught in the mix of an A.D.D. offensive scheme that hasn't and never will transcend into a championship (unless Cuban decides to let one 1-7 player structure jell for once, but this isn't a Mavs discussion so I digress...). In Miami we KNOW he's the 3rd guy, everyone knows Shaq is the foundation of the offense and Wade is smart enough to realize his success depends on letting that happen. The Heat have far...FAR ("far" can't be emphasized hard enough here) more team structure and chemistry than the Dallas Mavericks. At this stage in his career I think Walker is smart enough to realize what this team needs to do to succeed...meaning he won't jack up 34 shots a game. And this is still a player who when Shaq sits out a game with one of his nagging injuries or Wade is having an off shooting night can step up and go on a freak tear for 30 points, with 5/6 3-point shooting.

And Shaq should just give JWill a stipulation where if he has the best assist/turnover ratio in the league Shaq will get him a record contract, or just let him hangout with him & go clubbing for a year or something. JWill would LOVE that and become John Stockton on crack.
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime