Team Canada Named

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Raphael De La Ghetto

Team Canada Named

Post by Raphael De La Ghetto »

:ohcanada:

Goalies

Martin Brodeur
Roberto Luongo
Marty Turco

Defense

Rob Blake
Adam Foote
Scott Niedermayer
Chris Pronger
Robyn Regehr
Ed Jovanovski
Wade Redden

Forwards

Vincent Lecavalier
Joe Sakic (Captain)
Joe Thornton
Simon Gagne
Dany Heatley
Jarome Iginla
Ryan Smyth
Shane Doan
Martin St. Louis
Brad Richards
Rick Nash
Kris Draper
Todd Bertuzzi

Alternates

Jason Spezza
Bryan McCabe
Eric Staal

a few things:
1) I am glad Bertuzzi is there. I know everyone hates him now because he broke Steve Moore's neck, but really, he is probably the best power forward in the game. a Bertuzzi/Sakic/Iginla line would be :ohsh:
2)Redden is the most over rated faggot in the league. These guy doesn't do anything 'great', and he has the privledge of playing next to one of the best D men in the like (chara). McCabe should be over Redden and Regehr.
3) Nash shouldn't be on the squad, and Shanahan should be. Shanahan still is great, as well as a gritty player. He'll do whatever you want him to do.. add to the fact he is a veteran that has 20 GOALS in theleague right now is ridiculoid that he isn't on the squad. 20 bucks says Don Cherry says something about this on saturday.
4)Brad Richards? This guy is a product of other great forward talent of the Lightning, he shouldn't have made the squad either.

regardless, we should be the favourites and we should win Gold.

pennsylvania jones
6th Man HOF

Post by pennsylvania jones »

Beek

Post by Beek »

Brad Richards = Conn Smythe = on the team. End of story.

I really have no issues with the selections... There are just too many elite players to choose from. In Gretz I Trust.

kracker

Post by kracker »

Redden is a solid and responsible two way D-man.

Regehr is rugged and, along with Foote, is the top guy named to this team when it comes to playing in the team's own zone.

Brad Richards is one of the most gifted forwards in the NHL and is an above-average two-way player. I don't see how you can criticize his selection before criticizing St. Louis who has been less than stellar this year.

The only selections that I have issue with are Doan and Draper. Quite frankly I don't see a reason for them both being there along with Smyth (who should be on the team). Having more than two of those guys is redundant and the team would be better served with Staal.

I would've gotten rid of Doan completely, moved Staal onto the team and put Crosby on the taxi squad along with Spezza and McCabe.

That being said, this is still an extremely well-balanced team with everything needed to win the gold medal.

Watch out for the Czechs though.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

no Sid huh?
I bet Gary Bettman is shitting kittens over that one. Their "golden boy" needed that international pub

the Wiper

Post by the Wiper »

so you guys got a guy who was in a car where a man was killed, and another who nearly killed a man?

we're still not afraid. :grin:

Raphael De La Ghetto

Post by Raphael De La Ghetto »

we're thugs!
if we gotta break a few necks along the way, we'll get gold.

By any means necessary

Beek

Post by Beek »

:lol:

Rele, the USA Olympic Team is not looking good... However, they are the favorites for the World Juniors.

hustler

Post by hustler »

team canada has no leaders. lemieux, yzerman without these cats who is gona lead the way? only one name comes to mind...BERTUZZI. big bert leads by EXAMPLE. he will straight FUCK YOU UP. i know sakic is the C and it is well deserved, but bertuzzi should atleast get an A just cause hes the only guy on the team who has broke a guys neck on the ice. that is what i am talkin about, win at all costs.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

rstennett

Post by rstennett »

Beek wrote::lol:

Rele, the USA Olympic Team is not looking good... However, they are the favorites for the World Juniors.
yea baby, Schremp, Kessel,Ryan, weller... the list goes on and on.

ps. Sid should have made team Canada. Imagine what he could do with player that could actually recive that passes he makes.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

man i wish gange was american.

rstennett

Post by rstennett »

Philaflava wrote:man i wish gange was american.
shit,, in that case why not wish for Foresberge? Did u see what he did the the pens? Had to goals to come back and beat them 4-3.

ps. Crosby had 2goals in 1min and an assist in that game. :jiz:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

read my reply to your P&B thread :killacam: