ESPN News: Steve Nash to be named MVP

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

i didn't discount that lebron can better Jordan's career. if anyone can, it's lebron. but i think to start talk about it now when lebron has made the playoffs for the first time in his career is pretty ridiculous. we are comparing him to the greatest basketball player ever. a man that's won 11 or more scoring titles, 6 nba titles, 2 gold medals in the olympics. lebron hasn't achieved any of these once! but speculating on that is fun, i guess. imo, the only player that can be compared to jordan is Kobe. at least he has a credible resume right now.

and to say that he would've defenitely won a national championship if he went to OSU, Michigan or where ever he would've went is crazy talk. you pass off that speculation as if it were fact. ridiculous.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:i didn't discount that lebron can better Jordan's career. if anyone can, it's lebron. but i think to start talk about it now when lebron has made the playoffs for the first time in his career is pretty ridiculous. we are comparing him to the greatest basketball player ever. a man that's won 11 or more scoring titles, 6 nba titles, 2 gold medals in the olympics. lebron hasn't achieved any of these once! but speculating on that is fun, i guess. imo, the only player that can be compared to jordan is Kobe. at least he has a credible resume right now.

and to say that he would've defenitely won a national championship if he went to OSU, Michigan or where ever he would've went is crazy talk. you pass off that speculation as if it were fact. ridiculous.
ok my main point was that at the age of 21 Lebron>MJ

MJ's rookie season 28.2/6.5/5.9

Lebron's 3rd season(MJ's equiv final season at UNC) 31.4/7/6.6
his 2nd season also better 27.2/7.4/7.2

MJ's huge leap happened his 3rd season as a pro(he missed most of his second season), Lebron got his team to the playoffs this year, with a decent chance of getting them past the first round, and has played very good so far.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

jordan's leap came in his second season during the playoffs.

larry bird called him jesus in tennis shoes cause he torched the celtics for 44 points per game in that series.

either way, lebron's 3rd year is better then jordan's first year in terms of sheer statistics.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

LOL at Steve Nash getting eaten alive by Kobe Bryant.. "Who's your MVP?, BLAOW!!!"

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Trademark wrote:LOL at Steve Nash getting eaten alive by Kobe Bryant.. "Who's your MVP?, BLAOW!!!"
if kobe was sharing the ball during the regular season, they would've won 50 games and there wouldn't have been a question on who MVP was.

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

has there ever been an mvp that didnt make the 2nd round, isnt that when they give out the award?

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

ripweblo wrote:has there ever been an mvp that didnt make the 2nd round, isnt that when they give out the award?
moses malone '82
moses malone '79

an-also

Post by an-also »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Trademark wrote:LOL at Steve Nash getting eaten alive by Kobe Bryant.. "Who's your MVP?, BLAOW!!!"
if kobe was sharing the ball during the regular season, they would've won 50 games and there wouldn't have been a question on who MVP was.
I disagree. I think sharing the ball against the suns works for the lakers because they have a soft front court. If they played this way against a spurs or somebody like that, they would lose. I think he had to chuck away against a lot of teams for them to win in the regular season.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

an-also wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
I disagree. I think sharing the ball against the suns works for the lakers because they have a soft front court. If they played this way against a spurs or somebody like that, they would lose. I think he had to chuck away against a lot of teams for them to win in the regular season.
odom is actually producing. and against one of the better defensive players in the nba.

he doesn't have to share with the whole team. if he would've actually shared with odom, this would probably be different.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
an-also wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
odom is actually producing. and against one of the better defensive players in the nba.

he doesn't have to share with the whole team. if he would've actually shared with odom, this would probably be different.
I can agree on that one. Kobe and Odom could be a great 1,2 combo.

Req

Post by Req »

eternalreflection wrote: that made the playoffs, and WILL beat the Suns, and yes I will put money on that if someone wants to say upto 200
:rickjames:
F.U. MOOLAH

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

Req wrote:
eternalreflection wrote: that made the playoffs, and WILL beat the Suns, and yes I will put money on that if someone wants to say upto 200
yeah so I was pretty close

too bad for jamrage and his lack of faith in the suns, he'd be $75richer

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

:lol:
ripweblo wrote:has there ever been an mvp that didnt make the 2nd round, isnt that when they give out the award?
Kobe could have been the 2nd.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

eternalreflection wrote:
Req wrote:
yeah so I was pretty close

too bad for jamrage and his lack of faith in the suns, he'd be $75richer
LOL at my "lack of faith in the Suns" and "yeah so I was pretty close."

If only you'd been near a computer before game 3 tipped.......

You should definitely be feeling good right about now.