The Official Poker Thread for the 2006

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Dids

Post by Dids »

One of the Chinamen (Kim) was a 2p2 poster.

The play at the final table as horrible. The other Chinaman (Lee) basically fagged up a hand (that Gold also played horribly) and handed the tournament away.

We score a hacked version of the ESPN ppv- it was fantastic to watch.

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

oops, I forgot this thread existed.

I just placed 2nd in a $50 294 person tournament. I was too excited to play well when it got down to heads up. I normally play 4 SNG's at a time, not real big into MTTs.

Does anyone know where you can download cardrunner or pokerxfactor videos?

the Wiper

Post by the Wiper »

Dids wrote:One of the Chinamen (Kim) was a 2p2 poster.

The play at the final table as horrible. The other Chinaman (Lee) basically fagged up a hand (that Gold also played horribly) and handed the tournament away.

i listened on sirius half-heartedly, switching back and forth. seemed kinda obviously who was going to win the whole time..

how'd you hack the ppv? i'da sat and watched that for sure...

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

Dids wrote:One of the Chinamen (Kim) was a 2p2 poster.

Gold played well at the final table, Kim played well just ran into QQ instead of AK, AQ

too many hands went Gold limps, SB completes, bb checks

flop checked through
turn checked to gold, gold bets they fold

hard to lose when you get to freeroll so many pots

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

If any of yall play seriously goto sharkscope.com and search yourself.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

espn is wack... man there were some sick beats on the first two episodes. i swear if i was helmuth i would have busted on the second hand with those kings. a bunch of check calling and crap......

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

jamrage wrote:Well, I won up to $220 with the $30 that Party Poker gave me.

Then I lost $120 from a mixture of getting fools calling 4 times the big blind with 8 6 offsuit and flopping straights, not hitting any flops, and having AK against KK with a K55 flop.

I cashed out a hundred (which was everything I had left), and will now see if Party Poker gives me anymore money in the future.
Party Poker just gave me $30 more bucks, so I guess the fact that I cashed out some of the free money last time didn't matter.

Looks like about two months of inactivity will get me some more money to play with.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

I lost 1k in 2 days so I'm takin a break for a hot minute and switching sites. Losing 1/8th of your bankroll sucks.

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Cowy wrote:I lost 1k in 2 days so I'm takin a break for a hot minute and switching sites. Losing 1/8th of your bankroll sucks.
Ouch, how'd it happen (bad luck, bad beats or bad play)?
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

Psychosis wrote:
Cowy wrote:I lost 1k in 2 days so I'm takin a break for a hot minute and switching sites. Losing 1/8th of your bankroll sucks.
Some of both. I had found a niche that was working really well for me in high buy-in SNGs, and strayed from that.

I was multitabling 1/2NL 6 handed which really isn't my thing. I'd say I got badbeat for 400-500, and was on tilt for much of the rest.

Heres one hand that sticks out. I have 77 and raise to $8 PF in MP(probably a play I make about 40% of the time). 2 callers, the BB and the guy on the button.

Flop comes 7910 2 hearts. The pot at this point is ~ 25. The guy infront of me goes all in for 25 bucks, and I call rather than raise, cause the guy behind me is a superdonk and I wanted him in the hand. He calls, of course.Turn comes Ace, not a heart.

I bet $85 into a 100 dollar pot, knowing the guy behind me is on the draw. I coulda bet more but I felt this was a perfect bet, b/c he is getting terrible odds and would still likely make a loose call. River comes J giving him the straight with his A8. He gets paid off for roughly another 40 bucks, as I couldn't fold 40 bucks in a ~ 300 dollar pot.

Fuck cash games.

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Yeah that hand is brutal. That dude's the type of guy you make your money off of.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

Cowy wrote:
Psychosis wrote:
Some of both. I had found a niche that was working really well for me in high buy-in SNGs, and strayed from that.

I was multitabling 1/2NL 6 handed which really isn't my thing. I'd say I got badbeat for 400-500, and was on tilt for much of the rest.

Heres one hand that sticks out. I have 77 and raise to $8 PF in MP(probably a play I make about 40% of the time). 2 callers, the BB and the guy on the button.

Flop comes 7910 2 hearts. The pot at this point is ~ 25. The guy infront of me goes all in for 25 bucks, and I call rather than raise, cause the guy behind me is a superdonk and I wanted him in the hand. He calls, of course.Turn comes Ace, not a heart.

I bet $85 into a 100 dollar pot, knowing the guy behind me is on the draw. I coulda bet more but I felt this was a perfect bet, b/c he is getting terrible odds and would still likely make a loose call. River comes J giving him the straight with his A8. He gets paid off for roughly another 40 bucks, as I couldn't fold 40 bucks in a ~ 300 dollar pot.

Fuck cash games.
the fact that he was open ended on the flop made you only a 2 to 1 favorite. although that decreased on the turn, with that much money in the pot, he was happy to see an A, and didn't think you had much on the flop. for a fact he didnt put you a set. he thought maybe you were playing some paint. eh, online poker is wack.

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

You kinda have to get in the bad player's mentality to figure out what he's thinking there. You can't think he's calling on the flop to hit an ace and figure he's now got the best hand. Especially facing that large a bet on the turn. I don't know Cowy's table image at that point though, so he might've been super laggy.

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

Nl5H wrote:
Cowy wrote:
Psychosis wrote:

Fuck cash games.
the fact that he was open ended on the flop made you only a 2 to 1 favorite. although that decreased on the turn, with that much money in the pot, he was happy to see an A, and didn't think you had much on the flop. for a fact he didnt put you a set. he thought maybe you were playing some paint. eh, online poker is wack.
68% to 32% favorite on the flop. 82% to 18% favorite on the turn.

good call on the flop, horrendous on the turn. especially with a flush draw on the table, he could be drawing to the worst hand.

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

Psychosis wrote:You kinda have to get in the bad player's mentality to figure out what he's thinking there. You can't think he's calling on the flop to hit an ace and figure he's now got the best hand. Especially facing that large a bet on the turn. I don't know Cowy's table image at that point though, so he might've been super laggy.
LAG in position TAG OOP.

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

Heres two more hands that really hurt. My nick is RC_Swanson.
poor call on the river on the 2nd hand.

Hand History:
View Previous | Next hand for this table.

Texas Hold'em $2-$2 NL (Real Money), #888,709,567
Table RC_Swanson's HE, 22 Aug 2006 4:45 PM ET

Seat 2: Brig Ace ($24 in chips)
Seat 4: gregbeigs ($98.35 in chips)
Seat 6: Katmanz ($70 in chips)
Seat 7: RC_Swanson ($271.80 in chips)
Seat 8: ONEWOOD2000 ($53.40 in chips)
Seat 10: CrzMke ($72.90 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
gregbeigs posts blind ($1), Katmanz posts blind ($2).

PRE-FLOP
RC_Swanson bets $8, ONEWOOD2000 folds, CrzMke calls $8, Brig Ace folds, gregbeigs folds, Katmanz folds.

FLOP [board cards 10D,AH,JD ]
RC_Swanson bets $10, CrzMke calls $10.

TURN [board cards 10D,AH,JD,6S ]
RC_Swanson bets $19, CrzMke calls $19.

RIVER [board cards 10D,AH,JD,6S,9C ]
RC_Swanson bets $19, CrzMke bets $35.90 and is all-in, RC_Swanson calls $16.90.

SHOWDOWN
CrzMke shows [ 9D,JC ]
RC_Swanson shows [ KH,AC ]
CrzMke wins $145.80.

SUMMARY
Dealer: Brig Ace
Pot: $148.80, (including rake: $3)
Brig Ace, loses $0
gregbeigs, loses $1
Katmanz, loses $2
RC_Swanson, loses $72.90
ONEWOOD2000, loses $0
CrzMke, bets $72.90, collects $145.80, net $72.90

Hand History:
View Previous | Next hand for this table.

Texas Hold'em $2-$2 NL (Real Money), #888,811,796
Table RC_Swanson's HE, 22 Aug 2006 5:08 PM ET

Seat 1: dannyocean31 ($160.60 in chips)
Seat 3: RWM628 ($92 in chips)
Seat 4: grizzlyjoe ($158.80 in chips)
Seat 6: Katmanz ($109.70 in chips)
Seat 7: RC_Swanson ($100.10 in chips)
Seat 10: CrzMke ($357.40 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
RWM628 posts blind ($1), grizzlyjoe posts blind ($2).

PRE-FLOP
Katmanz folds, RC_Swanson bets $8, CrzMke folds, dannyocean31 folds, RWM628 folds, grizzlyjoe calls $6.

FLOP [board cards 8D,QS,KH ]
grizzlyjoe checks, RC_Swanson bets $14, grizzlyjoe calls $14.

TURN [board cards 8D,QS,KH,JD ]
grizzlyjoe checks, RC_Swanson bets $25, grizzlyjoe calls $25.

RIVER [board cards 8D,QS,KH,JD,QC ]
grizzlyjoe bets $111.80 and is all-in, RC_Swanson calls $53.10 and is all-in.

SHOWDOWN
grizzlyjoe shows [ QH,10C ]
RC_Swanson shows [ AD,KC ]
grizzlyjoe wins $58.70, grizzlyjoe wins $198.20.

SUMMARY
Dealer: dannyocean31
Pot: $259.90, (including rake: $3)
dannyocean31, loses $0
RWM628, loses $1
grizzlyjoe, bets $158.80, collects $256.90, net $98.10
Katmanz, loses $0
RC_Swanson, loses $100.10
CrzMke, loses $0

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

I'm only checking hand 1 right now. You only bet 1/2 the pot on the flop and turn. Why didn't you bet more? Any K, Q or diamond is scary so you need to protect your hand with larger bets on the flop & turn IMO.

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

Psychosis wrote:I'm only checking hand 1 right now. You only bet 1/2 the pot on the flop and turn. Why didn't you bet more? Any K, Q or diamond is scary so you need to protect your hand with larger bets on the flop & turn IMO.
A Q would give me the straight.

basically he was a superdonk and i wanted him in there with a hand like j9. but point taken.

I read an article right before these 'bad beats' that emphasized maximizing value rather than scaring everyone off your good hands that really fucked me up. I'd probably be sitting +1k instead of -1k.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

get that mentally that you want a player in there out of your head...especially with a flop like A J 10 and two hearts, you are just asking to get sucked out. if you know you hav ethe best hand, just take it down. money is money... on the turn you should have check raised him all in.
Last edited by Nl5H on Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Nl5H wrote:get that mentally that you want a player in there...especially with a flope like A J 10 and two hearts, you are just asking to get sucked out. if you know you hav ethe best hand, just take it down. money is money... on the turn you should have check raised him all in.
yup also with the all the publications and shit out there thats poker related information out there alot of players get overwhelmed with information. If you've been playing for quite a while chances are you have a definied style that works for you. Where most players get in trouble is reading too much and changing their basegame because so and so's book say's this or that. The books and articles should be used as suppliments or framework for new players not something that makes you radically play outside of the style youve been successful in for years. Basically if your being successful keep doing your thang dont worry about what some book or article says.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

What are the MTT and SNG structures at some of the other big sites? Namely Bodog, Partypoker, and Ultimatebet?

Blind structure and starting stack size for buyins $50+.

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

Played in the partypoker sunday million for the first time today. $200+15, 5500 people.

Came in 346th but I'm pretty dissapointed. A guy UTG+3 raised the minimum which I failed to really consider as suspicious. I was BB w/ 77 and shoved my stack hoping to induce a fold from a hand like KQ or AJ, or lousy pocket pair. But alas, he had AA.

Paid 172,000 to 1st, 90,000ish to 2nd, etc. Woulda been mighty nice.

I was hoping for top 200, as 200-150 paid 1350. 346th only paid 660.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Cowy wrote:Played in the partypoker sunday million for the first time today. $200+15, 5500 people.

Came in 346th but I'm pretty dissapointed. A guy UTG+3 raised the minimum which I failed to really consider as suspicious. I was BB w/ 77 and shoved my stack hoping to induce a fold from a hand like KQ or AJ, or lousy pocket pair. But alas, he had AA.

346th is good, I busted out in the 3000's somewhere, after playing a hand really dumb, and losing another key one .. these tourney players have a fetish for slowplaying AA, which often leads to bad things in cash games

I play in the big sunday tourneys occasionally, since one good 800hand hotstreak = a huge score, otherwise cashgames are much more profitable for me

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

eternalreflection wrote:
Cowy wrote:Played in the partypoker sunday million for the first time today. $200+15, 5500 people.

346th is good, I busted out in the 3000's somewhere, after playing a hand really dumb, and losing another key one .. these tourney players have a fetish for slowplaying AA, which often leads to bad things in cash games

I play in the big sunday tourneys occasionally, since one good 800hand hotstreak = a huge score, otherwise cashgames are much more profitable for me
Do you normally satellite in or just pay the fee? I cashed out most of my bankroll so I just played one of the 6 handed $66 dollar tables.

You gonna play the Super Monday today?

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Cowy wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:

Do you normally satellite in or just pay the fee? I cashed out most of my bankroll so I just played one of the 6 handed $66 dollar tables.

You gonna play the Super Monday today?
I direct buy into them, I play 200 and 400 NL so its not to pricey br wise

not playing in SuperMon, I might play in the SuperWed depending on how I feel, and whether or not Im awake when it stars

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

I'm still alive, 87 people left. its the jump off.

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

Cowy wrote:I'm still alive, 87 people left. its the jump off.
55th...fuckin waste of time. 162 bucks a person, 1142 people and it only paid 549.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Cowy wrote:
55th...fuckin waste of time. 162 bucks a person, 1142 people and it only paid 549.
in case you didn't know the payout sucks till 9th place

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

eternalreflection wrote:
Cowy wrote:
in case you didn't know the payout sucks till 9th place
Do you use PA Hud and Poker Tracker?

I just bought them tonight and am gonna set them up tomm.