Official NFL Thread for 2006-2007

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

i actually like alex smith. smart, accurate, mobile. just needs some pieces around him to suceed. he doesn't exactly play with a legit offense.

binary

Post by binary »

All Smith has to do is hit little dump passes to Gore, hit little short outs to Vernon Davis, and the rare bomb to Antonio Bryant, and he will be more than fine. Those dudes can beast any defense after the catch.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

blastmaster wrote:Yea, Brunell is a much better look than kid-hands Smith. His "throwing the ball out of bounds" is pretty veteran way to make up for his old legs. I wish Favre would take note.

Smith may end up being ok, but right now I would take a proven veteran over his small amount of potential.
My point is he throws it out of bounds a lot of times when he could man up and make a play. Throwing it out when it's hopeless is one thing; throwing it out of bounds every time after he scans the field and no one's open is another. Sometimes - especially in that 3rd and goal situation - you have to make something happen. You just can't keep on throwing it out of bounds until the perfect opportunity presents itself.

Brunell just doesn't have enough athletic talent to make the Skins a legit contender. That's why they should just throw Campbell into the fire. Shit, Brunell made Brad Johnson look like a pro bowler on Monday.

And Smith doesn't have a "small amount of potential." Dude has plenty - that's why he was picked #1 overall. And did you see the final bowl game he played in (think it was the Fiesta Bowl). Dude was ridiculous, and that wasn't against Mountain scrubs.

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

Nl5H wrote:
Peeping Tom wrote:
Icesickle wrote:Smith is a really good QB. I don't see the hate. I wish the Skins had him; bitch ass Mark Brunell keeps on throwing the ball out of bounds every other play and makes Peyton Manning look mobile.
smith is an overrated POS, he played in the weak mountain west division and got his great college stats with the five spread and doing little gay out passes every play against defenses that would make a highschool team look good

his 1-11 TD to INT ratio last year is more indicitive of his talent, i give it to him he had a good game against the loose Cardinals D but wait until he steps to a team with a half decent secondary and a pass rush to boot, hahahah smith will get slaughtered

i would take a 46 year old brunell over smith

whatever, he had no offensive line last year, and brandon lloyd and a shitty rashaun woods to pass to. if rivers didnt have LT to hand it to, then how good do u think he'd really be?
hahahahah

if Philip Rivers got to play against the monster D's of Rams, Cardinals and Seattle 6 times a year he would be putting up stats similiar to Peyton Manning
Barstow CA:
myspace.com/clintonwayne

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Peeping Tom wrote:
Nl5H wrote:
Peeping Tom wrote:
Icesickle wrote:Smith is a really good QB. I don't see the hate. I wish the Skins had him; bitch ass Mark Brunell keeps on throwing the ball out of bounds every other play and makes Peyton Manning look mobile.
smith is an overrated POS, he played in the weak mountain west division and got his great college stats with the five spread and doing little gay out passes every play against defenses that would make a highschool team look good

his 1-11 TD to INT ratio last year is more indicitive of his talent, i give it to him he had a good game against the loose Cardinals D but wait until he steps to a team with a half decent secondary and a pass rush to boot, hahahah smith will get slaughtered

whatever, he had no offensive line last year, and brandon lloyd and a shitty rashaun woods to pass to. if rivers didnt have LT to hand it to, then how good do u think he'd really be?
hahahahah

if Philip Rivers got to play against the monster D's of Rams, Cardinals and Seattle 6 times a year he would be putting up stats similiar to Peyton Manning
:larry:
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

Peeping Tom wrote:
Nl5H wrote:
Peeping Tom wrote:

hahahahah

:larry: :larry: :larry: when is the last time u made the playoffs?

when the chargers win a super bowl or actually do something in the playoffs, come and talk to me...

an-also

Post by an-also »

Jerry porter dont give a fuck.
For anyone still confused about whether WR Jerry Porter has improved his dark attitude around Raiders' headquarters, take note: The disgruntled former starter parked his vehicle in owner Al Davis' personal parking space on Wednesday, the space that's closest to the front door of the team facility. Nice statement.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Peeping Tom wrote:
Nl5H wrote:
Peeping Tom wrote:

hahahahah

seattle's D is extremely impressive.

Rams D could be really good this year.

don't front, doggy.

how good is KC and Oakland's defense?

yeah, i thought so.

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Peeping Tom wrote:
Nl5H wrote:
Peeping Tom wrote:

hahahahah

don't front, doggy.

yeah, i thought so.
seattles D was not as good as hyped up, they got sacks last year but that was because they played 6 games against the Niners, Cards, and Rams

Rams D will not be good this year, they played an impressive game against the jake the fake plummer

Oaklands D is prolly right around Niners and Cards D, KC's run D is bout as good as Seattles Pass D

the thing about it is while KC doesn't have good D they usually hold teh ball long enough where their D doesn't step on the field that much

we made the playoffs year before last, dude above is acting like peyton manning has won 3 SB or something

fuckoughtahere
Barstow CA:
myspace.com/clintonwayne

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

Icesickle wrote:
blastmaster wrote:Yea, Brunell is a much better look than kid-hands Smith. His "throwing the ball out of bounds" is pretty veteran way to make up for his old legs. I wish Favre would take note.

Smith may end up being ok, but right now I would take a proven veteran over his small amount of potential.
My point is he throws it out of bounds a lot of times when he could man up and make a play. Throwing it out when it's hopeless is one thing; throwing it out of bounds every time after he scans the field and no one's open is another. Sometimes - especially in that 3rd and goal situation - you have to make something happen. You just can't keep on throwing it out of bounds until the perfect opportunity presents itself.

Brunell just doesn't have enough athletic talent to make the Skins a legit contender. That's why they should just throw Campbell into the fire. Shit, Brunell made Brad Johnson look like a pro bowler on Monday.

And Smith doesn't have a "small amount of potential." Dude has plenty - that's why he was picked #1 overall. And did you see the final bowl game he played in (think it was the Fiesta Bowl). Dude was ridiculous, and that wasn't against Mountain scrubs.

some guy named Brad Johnson holds the NFL record with 10 consecutive seasons of more than 60 percent completions - and he always throws the ball away if no one is open.

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

Nl5H wrote:
Peeping Tom wrote:
Nl5H wrote:
Peeping Tom wrote:

hahahahah

:larry: :larry: :larry: when is the last time u made the playoffs?

when the chargers win a super bowl or actually do something in the playoffs, come and talk to me...
fuckoughtahere boston fagboy
Barstow CA:
myspace.com/clintonwayne

Spiccoli

Post by Spiccoli »

Peeping Tom wrote: hahahahah

bro, its not time to start putting philips name in the same sentence as mannings, no matter the context. give it a couple of years then i'll be the first to do so, but you're playing yourself right now.

alex smith is going to be solid. i think he'll have one, maybe two years where he will get pro-bowl consideration. nothing more than that. if i were the 9ers i would have started by building an offense then taking a first round QB and pluggin him into it slowly. taking a QB then building an offense around him has always seemed ass backwards to me.

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

Spiccoli wrote:
Peeping Tom wrote: hahahahah

bro, its not time to start putting philips name in the same sentence as mannings, no matter the context. give it a couple of years then i'll be the first to do so, but you're playing yourself right now.

alex smith is going to be solid. i think he'll have one, maybe two years where he will get pro-bowl consideration. nothing more than that. if i were the 9ers i would have started by building an offense then taking a first round QB and pluggin him into it slowly. taking a QB then building an offense around him has always seemed ass backwards to me.
ehhh the whole argument was basically that rivers is better than smith, nothing else, mannings name came up in the context of stats v. shitty team defenses...never called rivers the next peyton shit not even eli or roethlisburger.
Barstow CA:
myspace.com/clintonwayne

Stoned Starks

Post by Stoned Starks »

Peeping Tom wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Peeping Tom wrote:
Nl5H wrote:
Peeping Tom wrote: smith is an overrated POS, he played in the weak mountain west division and got his great college stats with the five spread and doing little gay out passes every play against defenses that would make a highschool team look good

hahahahah

don't front, doggy.

yeah, i thought so.
seattles D was not as good as hyped up, they got sacks last year but that was because they played 6 games against the Niners, Cards, and Rams
fuckoughtahere
Well you convinced me. The Chargers are obviously superior to the Seahawks because we play against poorer competition.

That's generally your argument right?

fuckoughtahere

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

Stoned Starks wrote:
Peeping Tom wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Peeping Tom wrote:
Nl5H wrote:
hahahahah

don't front, doggy.

yeah, i thought so.
fuckoughtahere
Well you convinced me. The Chargers are obviously superior to the Seahawks because we play against poorer competition.

That's generally your argument right?

fuckoughtahere
Seattles D isn't as good as chargers yessir
Barstow CA:
myspace.com/clintonwayne

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

you're bugging. you're gassed cause san diego played the worst team in the NFL. san diego's defense is very good. but the secondary is suspect.

seattle's D is real. plz believe it. an all around very solid defense. rams and cardinals (though one dimensional) offenses were good last year.

binary

Post by binary »

With their free agent acquisitions, Seahawks D is going to be fierce when they gel.

Dude from Barstow is sonning himself viciously in this thread.

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

you guys are fuckin goddamned idiots

seattles D is as good as San D's???? talkin about secondary's and free agent pickups we got Mccree drafted a CB and all that, Seattle got a LB whose oft injured and while a good playmaker doesn't stay on the field enough to warrant his contract...

Seattles biggest asset was their run game which kept other offenses off the field, although our secondary is still suspect their front seven is just as fishy

while we played a horrible team, their offense for the past couple years has been up to par, while detroit has had neither offense or defense up to par
Barstow CA:
myspace.com/clintonwayne

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

binary wrote:With their free agent acquisitions, Seahawks D is going to be fierce when they gel.

c'mon man you don't know shit about football
Barstow CA:
myspace.com/clintonwayne

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Chill out about the bolts you played the raiders for crying out loud.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Peeping Tom wrote:
binary wrote:With their free agent acquisitions, Seahawks D is going to be fierce when they gel.

c'mon man you don't know shit about football
:copy:

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Peeping Tom wrote: Seattle's and San Diego's biggest asset was their run game which kept other offenses off the field, although our secondary is still suspect their front seven is just as fishy
lol

anyways marlon mcree? lol. and cromartie might be a year away.

their front seven is not bad. wistrom, bernard, jules pete, lofa tatupu, bryce fisher.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Peeping Tom wrote: Seattle's and San Diego's biggest asset was their run game which kept other offenses off the field, although our secondary is still suspect their front seven is just as fishy
lol

their front seven is not bad. wistrom, bernard, jules pete, lofa tatupu, bryce fisher.
Diego's defense should be all right if their secondary holds up.

Marlon Mcree is a Texans throw away. The Texans fellas, noone should be bragging about this pick up.

I think the San Diego corners had a combined 3 interceptions last year which is not gonna get it done.

They could go either way I think. If the defense plays like it did on Monday the Chargers could go places. Merriman is gonna do big things this year I think.

We'll see what happens in Seattle. If they can get a passing game going to supplement the running game they could easily make it back to the Super Bowl. Branch, Jackson, and Burleson could be nice together. A lot of people picked them to return before the season started, and one game does not a season make (That goes for the Chargers too).
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Peeping Tom

Post by Peeping Tom »

jamrage wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
lol

Diego's defense should be all right if their secondary holds up.

Marlon Mcree is a Texans throw away. The Texans fellas, noone should be bragging about this pick up.

I think the San Diego corners had a combined 3 interceptions last year which is not gonna get it done.

They could go either way I think. If the defense plays like it did on Monday the Chargers could go places. Merriman is gonna do big things this year I think.

We'll see what happens in Seattle. If they can get a passing game going to supplement the running game they could easily make it back to the Super Bowl. Branch, Jackson, and Burleson could be nice together. A lot of people picked them to return before the season started, and one game does not a season make (That goes for the Chargers too).
he had big seasons wit the jags, went to the texans, had his downyears there(who doesn't with that hogwash D) and had another good year last year wit teh panthers

I'm basically stating if you take a fringe playoff team in the AFC they'll dominate in the NFC simple as fact
Barstow CA:
myspace.com/clintonwayne

shopvack

Post by shopvack »

the packers traded gado to the texans for morency. i thought i saw a need for more of a power back in those 3rd and shorts, but apparently the packer coaches and thompson feel differently.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

shopvack wrote:the packers traded gado to the texans for morency. i thought i saw a need for more of a power back in those 3rd and shorts, but apparently the packer coaches and thompson feel differently.
Not a huge fan of this move.

shopvack

Post by shopvack »

the best thing gado brought to the table was his pass blocking, and on 3rd down, thats extremely important when your line is as porous as green bays.

oh, and spitz got hurt, so colledge is probably going to end up starting this weekend.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

I saw that. Our gaurd situation is so comically different than it used to be.

At least Henderson is coming back.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

that's just blasphemy...seattle has average strength on the line and in the secondary.