The Official UFC/MMA Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

HustleCrowe

The Official UFC/MMA Thread

Post by HustleCrowe »

Anyone else here into UFC ( Ultimate Fighting Championship ) or other MMA promotions?

Anyone see Tito Ortiz beat the shit outta Ken Shamrock for the third time????

My favorite UFC fighter right now is Chuck " The Iceman" Liddell, dude is an absolute savage

Ortiz vs. Liddell part two in December is gonna be ill to

don't sleep
Last edited by HustleCrowe on Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the Wiper

Post by the Wiper »

welcome to the sports forum, bro...

check the last page of the betting thread for tomorrow's ufc 64...

haha..'my favorite ufc fighter is chuck liddell'??? is he really?

:grin:

but yeah, you'll find a bunch of people here into ufc...

over the last 3 ppv's, plus this past tuesday's ultimate fight night, i'm 12-1 in picking, about half are documented in the betting thread, the other half are in my book here...

(shameless plug)

binary

Post by binary »

UFC does a really good job of getting people hyped over bullshit fights.

Ortiz vs. Shamrock was such a joke from the beginning, what a way to go out by Ken. Lidell vs. Ortiz is gonna be the same type of joke, Lidell is gonna murder that fool. Ortiz is on the decline and Lidell is at his peak.

Ace Franklin vs. Anderson Silva, that shit should be interesting as hell.

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

the Wiper wrote:welcome to the sports forum, bro...

check the last page of the betting thread for tomorrow's ufc 64...

haha..'my favorite ufc fighter is chuck liddell'??? is he really?

:grin:

but yeah, you'll find a bunch of people here into ufc...

over the last 3 ppv's, plus this past tuesday's ultimate fight night, i'm 12-1 in picking, about half are documented in the betting thread, the other half are in my book here...

(shameless plug)

word, I just got into UFC, I always knew about it, but only watched on occasion. Its ill, plus Im diving back into my Martial Arts roots, and getting back into some MMA type of stuff..... So that also makes me more interested....... and what book?

and yeah man i dunno if your bein sarcastic or not, but yo Chuck Liddell is a beast, he fucked up that one dude, Randy Catour I believe, and than dude retired lol........

the Wiper

Post by the Wiper »

yeah, there was a little sarcasm dripping from my post... :grin:

liddell's the man, no doubt, but that fight against tito will be closer than people think...watch for the opening line, it'll be about -200ish...definitely NOT a line that suggests a complete murking...

i'll say again, if tito gets chuck down (something he couldn't do in the first fight, not to say he didn't try) this one could be different. that said, chuck is a master at blocking takedowns, because he knows where his money is made, and it sure ain't on the ground...

don't discount tito, though...

i'm pumped for tonight though...pretty good amount will go on sean shirk, and probably a unit or two on franklin...i'll have to start checking the lines of the rest of the fights to see what else is good...

the Wiper

Post by the Wiper »

i also have to add, and i've said this before, that it fucking RULES that my girlfriend is into ufc as much as i am...

i don't even have to ask if she's down to split a ppv anymore, she's the one that rented it last time before i even got home...

little things... :grin:

binary

Post by binary »

In their first fight, I dont' remember Tito even trying to take him down. His strategy for that fight was absolutely horrible. Lidell seems to get lucky as far as opponents' strategies, when they fight him they all of a sudden want to trade with him. I think his opponents look at how Rampage ran over him and try to emulate that shit, but Rampage was a gangsta back then.

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

the Wiper wrote:i also have to add, and i've said this before, that it fucking RULES that my girlfriend is into ufc as much as i am...

i don't even have to ask if she's down to split a ppv anymore, she's the one that rented it last time before i even got home...

little things... :grin:

thats cool man.

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

yo can someone give me a re-cap on UFC 64?? I just got outta work so I didn't get a chance to order it, maybe I will tommorrow night if its worth it??

Give me the 411

binary

Post by binary »

HustleCrowe wrote:yo can someone give me a re-cap on UFC 64?? I just got outta work so I didn't get a chance to order it, maybe I will tommorrow night if its worth it??

Give me the 411
You should just download it off a torrent site tomorrow.

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

binary wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:yo can someone give me a re-cap on UFC 64?? I just got outta work so I didn't get a chance to order it, maybe I will tommorrow night if its worth it??

Give me the 411

Ive never done that, you got a link?

binary

Post by binary »

HustleCrowe wrote:
binary wrote:

Give me the 411

Ive never done that, you got a link?
Well usually I wait till the next day, if you don't know how to use torrents look it up, there's a couple threads on it. It's really easy.

Btw, I know who won, I hear it's pretty crazy.

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

binary wrote:UFC does a really good job of getting people hyped over bullshit fights.

Ortiz vs. Shamrock was such a joke from the beginning, what a way to go out by Ken. Lidell vs. Ortiz is gonna be the same type of joke, Lidell is gonna murder that fool. Ortiz is on the decline and Lidell is at his peak.

Word and word. Binary is on point with this shit.

And i'd just like to say, for the 100th time, Dana White is a faggot on multiple levels.

And yeah, Lidell KO'd Couture, but Randy dominated the dude in their first match. If he'd just fought like that in the last fights Chuck wouldn't have had a chance to knock him out. Chuck's strikes are definately some of the most dangerous in MMA...Still, these UFC events are so over hyped it's not even funny anymore.

Anyone else hear that Big Crocop said he'd step in and fight Chuck if Wandy hadn't recovered in time? That would be kinda cool to see.

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

Can i get a full recap of what went down????

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

HopeLess wrote:
binary wrote:UFC does a really good job of getting people hyped over bullshit fights.

Word and word. Binary is on point with this shit.

And i'd just like to say, for the 100th time, Dana White is a faggot on multiple levels.

And yeah, Lidell KO'd Couture, but Randy dominated the dude in their first match. If he'd just fought like that in the last fights Chuck wouldn't have had a chance to knock him out. Chuck's strikes are definately some of the most dangerous in MMA...Still, these UFC events are so over hyped it's not even funny anymore.

Anyone else hear that Big Crocop said he'd step in and fight Chuck if Wandy hadn't recovered in time? That would be kinda cool to see.
i'd LOVE to see crocop murk chuck...

the Wiper

Post by the Wiper »

HustleCrowe wrote:Can i get a full recap of what went down????
silva BRUTALIZED franklin.

knees everywhere. to the body, to the face, to the nose...

it was like franklin was letting him do it.

franklin caught a knee directly to the nose that put it off to the side about 3 inches...he was already out on his feet for about a minute before that...he stumbled back, silva landed a head kick, then another knee and franklin was ko'ed...

one of the best knees i've ever seen, dead straight onto his nose...

we've got a new superstar in ufc...anderson silva is an animal...

shirk won by decision, saving me a little bit, but franklin coming out like a pussy killed me...

binary

Post by binary »

Silva came out to "Time 4 some akshun" by Redman and just obliterated Franklin in like a couple minutes. In the same exact fashion as he killed that pasty red head, he did it to Franklin, except more brutal.

I'm not bullshitting, he might be the best striker I've ever seen, his combos are on some video game steez.

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

fucking dudes knees were unbelievable.

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

damn, I need to peep that

whats good with the torrents??? How do I fuck with that to download UFC 64???

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

Silva's been the man since Pride. didn't want to pick a winner though. thought it was going to be somewhat even though i wanted to give the edge to silva.

i really wanted to see this match.

kato

Post by kato »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:Silva's been the man since Pride. didn't want to pick a winner though. thought it was going to be somewhat even though i wanted to give the edge to silva.

silva wasn't reallly the man at pride...due to the fact he lost to some cans...
Last edited by kato on Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

kato wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:Silva's been the man since Pride. didn't want to pick a winner though. thought it was going to be somewhat even though i wanted to give the edge to silva.

silva wasn't reallly the pride at man...due to the fact he lost to some cans...
true, he lost to a couple dudes. alot of time by submission from what i remember. but you saw the potential to get better. i really liked him as an up and comer.

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

kato wrote:

silva wasn't reallly the pride at man...due to the fact he lost to some cans...
Which if anything is a testament to the talent over in UFC compared to Pride.

the Wiper

Post by the Wiper »

manwhore wrote:fucking dudes knees were unbelievable.
yep, never seen anything like it, it WAS like a videogame..

franklin said in the post-fight interview that silva's clench was too strong, and he couldn't get out of it...

take that for what it is, i guess, but he HAD to know he was in a bad spot when they got clenched up right away...the entire time they were in the clench, franklin just looked listless, a couple early knees to the body must've really hurt him, because i was screaming at him to get out of the clench, but his eyes were already gone, he was just taking literally every knee squarely wherever silva put it...

i mean, it looked like he was still trying to block them, but it was to the point that his instincts were just taking over, and he was out on his feet..

again, even though i had a little less than 5 units on him to win, it got to the point where i was yelling for them to stop the fight, because he was about to get really, really hurt. like badly hurt, because his eyes were glazed over, and he was just instinctively covering...

i'd really like to see the fight again to see exactly which knee did the first damage, because i've never seen rich franklin stunned like that..

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

HustleCrowe wrote:damn, I need to peep that

whats good with the torrents??? How do I fuck with that to download UFC 64???

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

ok, I signed up and downloaded the torrent software but I can't find UFC 64?? Is it too early?

binary

Post by binary »

HustleCrowe wrote:ok, I signed up and downloaded the torrent software but I can't find UFC 64?? Is it too early?
Yeah it's prolly too early. Here is a link to the Silva fight though:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1J2G5TY2

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

binary wrote:
HustleCrowe wrote:ok, I signed up and downloaded the torrent software but I can't find UFC 64?? Is it too early?
Yeah it's prolly too early. Here is a link to the Silva fight though:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1J2G5TY2

good looks

binary

Post by binary »

Ok it's on youtube, hurry and catch it before it gets taken down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROr4d4oc0B0

Anyone who wants to see some amazing fighting and precise striking, watch this.

binary

Post by binary »

Ok it's on youtube, hurry and catch it before it gets taken down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROr4d4oc0B0

Anyone who wants to see some amazing fighting and precise striking, watch this.