Who do you hate the most? Part I - FLORIDA

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Which Florida school sucks the most?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:26 am

Florida St. Seminoles
7%
Florida Gators
44%
University of Central Florida Golden Knights
7%
University of Miami Hurricanes
22%
University of South Florida Bulls
No votes
Florida International University
No votes
Not interested
19%

Total votes: 27

Money Gripp

Who do you hate the most? Part I - FLORIDA

Post by Money Gripp »

Florida St. Seminoles

Florida Gators

University of Central Florida Golden Knights

University of Miami Hurricanes

USF Bulls

Florida International University

Mod on Mod modding

Stunna7516

Post by Stunna7516 »

gotta be the gators with the canes close behind.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Did you really just call us the South Florida bulldogs???

It's bulls you twit.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

UCF is my pick career mid major with a huge sense of entitlement even though they have been pretty bad for the majority of their program's history. Their fans feel the need to travel the internet and bash USF out of jealousy for us getting the Big East invite and not them. Not to mention George O'Leary is a scumbag.
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

LMAO. I really didn't mean that.

I dig ProphPsychosis.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

O'Leary is a scumbag but there are so many scumbag schools to choose from...

I'd have to say USF *seems* the least scummy.

But then again, the Big East is run by the mafia so...

citizen

Post by citizen »

gators have a ridiculous legion of overzealous fans, and they beat osu in 2 title games in one year so i hate them

rooski

Post by rooski »

Gaytors

BeHemoth
Bam Bam

Post by BeHemoth »

Don't hate any of those teams. florida football is good football.

Nuke
I Hate Blacks & Jews

Post by Nuke »

This isn't even a contest. Fkin faggot ass gators. The only team I hate more are the Georgia Bulldogs. It's not even the teams... it's the mentality of the fans that associate themselves with these teams. In fact, if the Taliban really wanted to gain some sympathy for their cause, they should have blown up one of those stadiums during the Florida/Georgia game.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

If I had to pick from the list UF. I think UM produces the best NFL talent.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

citizen wrote:gators have a ridiculous legion of overzealous fans, and they beat osu in 2 title games in one year so i hate them

Pot, Kettle, Black.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

I LIKED MIAMI IN THE 80'S AND 90'S. DON'T DISLIKE THEM NOW.

I'VE NEVA BEEN INTO FLORIDA, BECAUSE WHEN SPURRIER WAS THE COACH, THERE WAS JUST SOMETHIN ABOUT HIM THAT I DIDN'T LIKE. HE USED TO PULL HIS QUARTERBACKS IN OUT THE LINEUP LIKE HE WAS FUMBLIN FOR LOOSE CHANGE.

FLORIDA STATE WAS COOL IN THE LATE 80'S AND 90'S. I THINK BOBBY BOWDEN'S AGE IS NOT A GOOD RECRUITIN TOOL FOR CATS LOOKIN TO GO TO THE NEXT LEVEL. HE NEEDS TO RETIRE AND TURN IT OVA TO SOMEONE WHO CAN RELATE TO TODAYS KIDS.

USF, UCF AND FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL HAVEN'T DONE ENOUGH TO WARRANT ANY HATE.

IF I HAD TO CHOOSE A TEAM, I'D HAVE TO CHOOSE FLORIDA FOR REASONS LIKE SPURRIER, JASON WILLIAMS, ANDREW DECLERQ, UDONIS HASLEM, JOAKIM NOAH, AND TAUREAN GREEN.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Prophecy wrote:
citizen wrote:gators have a ridiculous legion of overzealous fans, and they beat osu in 2 title games in one year so i hate them

Pot, Kettle, Black.
If the Gators douchiest fans and the Buckeyes douchiest fans had a no holds barred last man standing royal rumble, who would win???

A: America. :cheers:

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

A team that cries its self into 2 national championships but has not played an OOC game outside the state of Florida since losing to Syracuse when McNabb was still in High School has to win this going away.

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

there is no way UF would be winning this poll if we didn't win last year/ have Tebow

FSU easily gets my vote

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Or it could be because sophomores attending UF where not even born the last time the gators played an OOC opponent outside the state of Florida. George Bush was president when they last played out of state, I mean the first George Bush. They ran from Miami for close to 25 years until blackmailed by the state legislator to take the game.

Since that game FSU has played 58 OOC games 30 of which where OOC games against Miami and Florida leaving 28 OOC games open, 8 have been on the road outside of the state of Florida 5 against ranked teams and about 6 of the games where in Florida but in Jacksonville, Orlando or Miami.

This is why Florida is hated they run from quality teams than cry that they deserve a rematch unless they need to cry that another team does not deserve a rematch to sway the polls.

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

ThaJim2 wrote:Or it could be because sophomores attending UF where not even born the last time the gators played an OOC opponent outside the state of Florida. George Bush was president when they last played out of state, I mean the first George Bush. They ran from Miami for close to 25 years until blackmailed by the state legislator to take the game.

Since that game FSU has played 58 OOC games 30 of which where OOC games against Miami and Florida leaving 28 OOC games open, 8 have been on the road outside of the state of Florida 5 against ranked teams and about 6 of the games where in Florida but in Jacksonville, Orlando or Miami.

This is why Florida is hated they run from quality teams than cry that they deserve a rematch unless they need to cry that another team does not deserve a rematch to sway the polls.

LOL Florida plays in the SEC, FSU plays in the ACC

what's this talk about "quality teams"

Every fucking year Florida is playing atleast 3 teams in the top 10

give me a fucking break

unless you were blind, you would have seen the two national championships FLA won, and what they did to "OOC" teams

now if you said FLA gets all the talent in the state and you are just mad, then I can understand

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Florida DOESN'T get all the talent in state, Mo, you know better than that.

Personally, I think Miami always has the best athletes but they usually have either horrible coaching or too many drug addicts, felons, and crooks to get their shit together.

And the ACC is a good conference. Not in the Big 12, SEC, or even the Big Ten echelon, but it's solid.

Doogs

Post by Doogs »

ThaJim2 wrote:A team that cries its self into 2 national championships but has not played an OOC game outside the state of Florida since losing to Syracuse when McNabb was still in High School has to win this going away.
THIS.

anonjondoe

Post by anonjondoe »

been a die hard canes fan all my life
it's all about The U

i would say ucf because of o'leary
forget the lying on the resume bullshit
after his wr died last summer they tried to point fingers and except none of the blame
when by all accounts it was definitely the coaching staffs fault
for disreguarding the kid was having trouble and yelling at him for dogging it

if it wasn't for that episode
i would say florida just because i hate urban meyer that much
smug fucking cocksucker

props to corey brewer
the one gator i root for

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

I don't have any beef with Urban Meyer although you're right, he is kind of smug.

A least he's touched a vagina with his penis unlike some other pussies...

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

Seminoles, no contest

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

Im not knocking the ACC, but clearly the SEC is superior, if you play in the SEC and you are playing atleast 3 top 10 teams why the fuck should you be required to go out of conference to play? It doesn't make any sense, Florida is playing quality teams all year, big fucking deal if a team goes out of conference for a game

where was all this hate when Chris Leak was QB?

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

this is going to be a long football season and I love it, I think I will return to this forum full time......I will defend FLA even though I believe OU is going to win the national champioinship this year

Gripp you must come watch a Florida game with me in person, one of my buddies is a Notre Dame fan, but other than that you have to deal with me (FLA) and another friend who is die hard Penn State fan

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Mo Cheeks wrote:Im not knocking the ACC, but clearly the SEC is superior, if you play in the SEC and you are playing atleast 3 top 10 teams why the fuck should you be required to go out of conference to play? It doesn't make any sense, Florida is playing quality teams all year, big fucking deal if a team goes out of conference for a game

where was all this hate when Chris Leak was QB?
Also one OOC is always going to be reserved for FSU. Traditionally most schools play 1-2 cupcakes so that really leaves one OOC game to be either played home or away. The facts are the UF athletic departments makes millions of dollars off home games so they would rather sign a 1 and done or 2-0 deal with a small conference school to make more money. Football is the heart and sole of the UF athletic department and obviously the bell cow when it comes to raising funds so they use that 3rd OOC betters the athletic department as a whole. Florida also has as you mentioned usually 2-3 games a year against top 10 squads with even up to 5 games a year against ranked teams just from the SEC alone. Why would you as a athletic director schedule blockbuster OOC games when your conference produces mutliple top 25 teams every season and your conference schedule is more than enough to match up nationally with other schools. There comes a point where you are setting yourself up for failure by giving your team a unrealistic schedule (going undefeated in a major conference is far from easy) also lets not pretend that UF didn't have great schedules all the years they "cried themselves in". The facts are playing in the SEC for the last 15 or so years due to the quality of the conference puts teams in the SEC in a very favorable position due to the number of quality programs in the conference.