The Official MMA Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Re: The Official MMA Thread

Post by Reason »

i cannot believe what derrick lewis did with mere seconds left in a sure loss. volkov should have just run in circles with that little time left, wtf was he doing!?

too bad pettis broke his hand, ferguson would've won but that was an exciting ass fight

super cysed for this khabib/mcgregor fight, cna't fucking wait, thank god for mma reddit streams
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

mcgregor got outclassed. how can khabib ever lose?
Nets 2022

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

Pettis has pulled the "my hand is broken" thing before and it miraculously turned out that it wasn't broken. He was looking for a way out.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

Reason wrote:mcgregor got outclassed. how can khabib ever lose?
tony, moving to 170, perhaps another outstanding wrestler with better striking a la GSP or even kevin lee. also how about a matchup with large featherweight brian ortega, especially if they both are undefeated? i think khabib beats max holloway, though.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

Reason wrote:i cannot believe what derrick lewis did with mere seconds left in a sure loss. volkov should have just run in circles with that little time left, wtf was he doing!?

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

djjeffresh wrote:
tony, moving to 170, perhaps another outstanding wrestler with better striking a la GSP or even kevin lee. also how about a matchup with large featherweight brian ortega, especially if they both are undefeated? i think khabib beats max holloway, though.
I know Tony personally. He's not going to 170. He walks around about 180ish. No way he goes there without a fight with Khabib first.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

the dead poet wrote:
djjeffresh wrote:
I know Tony personally. He's not going to 170. He walks around about 180ish. No way he goes there without a fight with Khabib first.
that's cool, man. tony seems like quite an interesting fellow. above i was making a list of things that could possibly cause khabib to lose. one of those is tony at 155. another would be if khabib decides to move up to 170 and take on someone like woodley for example.

incidentally, i have been thinking about the the possibility of tony moving up to 170 since he did mention doing so at the post-fight press conference this weekend. he said he would clean out 170 after beating khabib and/or conor. i was surprised to hear him say that since, like you said, he is a bit small compared to others at welterweight.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

new MSG main event. valentina fight against eubanks cancelled and fight with joanna rebooked for toronto card.

:bow:

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

the dead poet wrote:Pettis has pulled the "my hand is broken" thing before and it miraculously turned out that it wasn't broken. He was looking for a way out.
So he doesn't need surgery. Hand isn't broken. LOL 2/2

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

as much as i would love to see lewis knock cormier out, i don't think cormier will leave an opening, fingers crossed though

i wanna see stipe fight cormier again too
Nets 2022

alpha

Post by alpha »

Lewis needs to connect just once but I doubt DC even gives him an opening. He’s too smart. If Lewis gets his cardio right in less than a month I’ll be surprised AF

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

here's a cool image:

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

cormier fight played out exactly how i thought it would, too predictable

if not for jon jones existence, cormier would probably be considered the best mma fighter ever other than mighty mouse
Nets 2022

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

Reason wrote:cormier fight played out exactly how i thought it would, too predictable

if not for jon jones existence, cormier would probably be considered the best mma fighter ever other than mighty mouse
I refuse to hear about Mighty Mouse as a GOAT. He fought in the worst division ever...and when he was fighting 10 pounds heavier he got destroyed by Dominic Cruz. Then instead of taking a super fight to back up people claiming his greatness he decided to stay in his division fighting people he'd already man handled.....then loss.....then ran to Japan.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

the dead poet wrote:
Reason wrote:cormier fight played out exactly how i thought it would, too predictable

I refuse to hear about Mighty Mouse as a GOAT. He fought in the worst division ever...and when he was fighting 10 pounds heavier he got destroyed by Dominic Cruz. Then instead of taking a super fight to back up people claiming his greatness he decided to stay in his division fighting people he'd already man handled.....then loss.....then ran to Japan.
oh i whole-heartedly agree

if you see, i said he's considered as such, i don't personally agree

jon jones is the best pound for pound ever imo and it's not really close
Nets 2022

Beastly Swagger

Post by Beastly Swagger »

Betting heavy tomm. on Joseph Benavidez .

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/2550 ... ted-states" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ONE Championship, Turner Sports reach U.S. broadcasting deal

The Asia-based promotion has signed a three-year broadcast deal with Turner Sports, sources told ESPN.

The deal, which goes into effect on Jan. 1, calls for 24 events to air live on TNT beginning in 2019, as well as other Turner digital platforms, including B/R Live. The partnership is expected to be announced in the coming days.

In addition to the live events, Turner will air shoulder programming, and a reality show is in the works, sources said.

The first televised event is scheduled for Jan. 19 in Jakarta, Indonesia.

The broadcast deal caps what has turned into a memorable year for ONE, which was founded in 2011. In the past two months, the organization has signed established MMA stars Eddie Alvarez, Demetrious Johnson, Sage Northcutt and Yoshihiro Akiyama and hired Miesha Tate to serve as a vice president.

While their debuts haven't been announced, sources say Northcutt is expected to debut Feb. 22 in Singapore, while Johnson is slated for a March 31 debut in Tokyo. Alvarez is targeting a fight on either Feb. 22 or March 31, sources said.

Beastly Swagger

Taking Barboza & Iaquinta heavy tomm.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

Beastly Swagger wrote:Taking Barboza & Iaquinta heavy tomm.

really? interesting. i like all four of these guys a lot but i'd find it hard to bet against lee and hooker tomorrow.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i'm not a betting man anymore, but if i were, i'd put the house on jon jones. alex has taken a lot of hits since they last fought, and jon will be fresh and focused, and i can't imagine his skills have eroded. i can't wait to watch that fight
Nets 2022

Beastly Swagger

15 g's :lock:

Lee's a pussy whom doesn't believe his own act & Hooker's far too green for Barboza 'twas easy pickings lol.

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

Beastly Swagger wrote:15 g's :lock:

Lee's a pussy whom doesn't believe his own act & Hooker's far too green for Barboza 'twas easy pickings lol.
Nobody believes anything you post.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Reason wrote:i'm not a betting man anymore, but if i were, i'd put the house on jon jones. alex has taken a lot of hits since they last fought, and jon will be fresh and focused, and i can't imagine his skills have eroded. i can't wait to watch that fight
On some real shit, you should Start betting again. You have good instincts and you're right about the jones fight. Man up, bro.

Beastly Swagger

Clean Hobo wrote:Nobody believes anything you post.

Moderate wager on underdogs Kelleher,Uriah Hall & Condit those odds are tasty. Pondering a large parlay as well.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

called it
Nets 2022

Beastly Swagger

Finished the year @ 88% w/ 46K profit, Condit sunk my huge parlay last night, alas is life lol.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Beastly Swagger wrote:Finished the year @ 88% w/ 46K profit, Condit sunk my huge parlay last night, alas is life lol.
Very impressive. Do you wager mostly on MMA? I don't partake in MMA often, I mostly fuck with NFL, NBA, College Football, and Boxing, so any insight on your MMA picks would be appreciated.