The Official MMA Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

GUCCI CONDOMS

Re: The Official MMA Thread

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

the dead poet wrote:They just rebooked Yair vs Stephens for Boston October 18th.
Stephens will break a fingernail and we'll get another no contest.

Beastly Swagger

Post by Beastly Swagger »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
the dead poet wrote:They just rebooked Yair vs Stephens for Boston October 18th.

Thing is w/ corneal abrasions/lacerations, they heal very quickly but the threat of recurrent corneal erosion is there. That's where if the eye isn't making enough tears/lube the eyelid will get stuck to the membrane & pull off the healing cells. Someone like a MMA fighter whose always in various states of dehydration ,the risk has to be much more. I battled RCE numerous X for weeks, you go to bed everything's fine & healed you wake up w/ one eye stuck closed & you force it open then boom your cornea is toast.

https://eyewiki.aao.org/Recurrent_Corneal_Erosion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And to the people spouting "he was holding his eye shut on purpose" your eye & I say that meaning my eye when I had corneal trauma literally had to be forced open & held open w/ a rigid plastic contact lens that practically encases your eyeball then streams fluid over it to cleanse it. Took 2-3 trauma techs to get mine inserted as my eye refused to open.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Lens" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have zero doubt that JS was legit injured & I think it will hinder him for weeks to come.

Saturday 11 am EST.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_Fight ... _Cannonier" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Live dogs = Cannonier,Nelson,Dalby,Vannata

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
while i understand the frustration what happened in mexico city, that's not a great assessment/prediction right there.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

djjeffresh wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
while i understand the frustration what happened in mexico city, that's not a great assessment/prediction right there.
Lol it was a joke.

I don't doubt stephens eye was really fucked up, but it was still a shitty situation. Grasso really did get robbed tho, that pissed me off a lot more that the stephens situation.

Beastly Swagger

Glad it's short enough time for JS to not totally waste that expensive Mexico camp, but also hope he doesn't get RCE w/ his eye.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
djjeffresh wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
Lol it was a joke...but it was still a shitty situation.
agreed, it was far from ideal with it happening 5 secs into the main event, the location, etc. but it's a part of the sport and most fighters work through it in the given time. i don't really see how else the UFC, espn, herb dean or stephens could have handled the situation better. yair and the crowd come out looking the worst based on their dumb reactions. on a positive note, the rebooked fight has some actual heat now, which should be fun in the buildup and on fight night.
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:Grasso really did get robbed tho
word. credit esparza for her toughness. grasso will bounce back, surely. i also felt moreno did enough to earn himself a victory, but that fight was closer.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

Stephens doesn't seem to fair well against technical strikers that do more than just box (Zabit, Moicano, Cub).
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Beastly Swagger

Man all these cards & overstocked roster is costing me %-wise this year. Too many little known fighters etc.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Beastly Swagger wrote:Man all these cards & overstocked roster is costing me %-wise this year. Too many little known fighters etc.
Got to manage your bankroll in terms of limiting the amount of $$$ you risk on these lesser known fighters. I'm all for the increased availability of action with all these UFC fight nights in the ESPN+ era, but you just got to be careful and approach it correctly.

Beastly Swagger

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
Beastly Swagger wrote:Man all these cards & overstocked roster is costing me %-wise this year. Too many little known fighters etc.
Got to manage your bankroll in terms of limiting the amount of $$$ you risk on these lesser known fighters. I'm all for the increased availability of action with all these UFC fight nights in the ESPN+ era, but you just got to be careful and approach it correctly.
$'s fine just my pick percentage is the concern I only drop money on what I feel strong about.

Last edited by Beastly Swagger on Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Beastly Swagger wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
$'s fine just my pick percentage is the concern I only drop money on what I feel strong about.

Edit :
Hooker pick was changed to Iaquinta.
Any reasoning behind the Whittaker pick? Adesanya has looked really strong to me. Either way, should be a good fight for real.

Beastly Swagger

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
Beastly Swagger wrote:
GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
Any reasoning behind the Whittaker pick? Adesanya has looked really strong to me. Either way, should be a good fight for real.
If RW's healthy, I don't see a guy whom struggled direly w/ Gastelum besting him.

I mean he got pieced up & hurt by a 5'8(on a good day) welterweight, Whittaker is a lot more to deal with.

Ill image

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Adesanya takes it imo

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Might need to rewatch that Gastelum fight. He did tag Adesanya.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

After rewatching the Gastelum vs Adesanya fight, I gotta go with Whittaker here. Gastelum stunned Adesanya a few times, and Adesanya was looking shaky. I'm just not confident Adesanya will be able to survive Whittaker's striking.

Beastly Swagger

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:After rewatching the Gastelum vs Adesanya fight, I gotta go with Whittaker here. Gastelum stunned Adesanya a few times, and Adesanya was looking shaky. I'm just not confident Adesanya will be able to survive Whittaker's striking.
Yea he's far too easy to hit even w/ that height & reach, that equates to lacking in boxing, either IQ or mechanics.

Quality Stream

http://crackstreams.ga/mmastreams/watch ... -adesanya/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

tehgiftofgab wrote:Adesanya takes it imo

Beastly Swagger

tehgiftofgab wrote:
tehgiftofgab wrote:Adesanya takes it imo
Longevity >

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Man I love Dan Hooker. Such a solid performance, looks made of steel. Fun fights of note for next week, Vick/Price should be a slapper, Vick can't seem to stay on the right end of his jab and Price is looking to steal a soul after that Geoff Neil fight. Also very excited for Alex Morono vs Max Griffin. I think the Great White Hope might reach a wall here, Max is damn good. Cheers mateys!! :cheers:
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Hate to bury the lead here but just how good is Marvin Vettori??

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Impressive win by Adesanya. Heated I lost $$$ on the fight, but as a fan I'm happy he won, he's fun to watch. Bruh knows how to put on a show, and he has legit talent to back it up.

Beastly Swagger

Lost loot & am not pleased an edge lord topped a good guy lol. RW got baited into the range game w/ a lanky agile dude, he should've known better.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Beastly Swagger wrote:Lost loot & am not pleased an edge lord topped a good guy lol. RW got baited into the range game w/ a lanky agile dude, he should've known better.
Whittaker fought a dumb fight, yea. He tried to go "full Gastelum", and was constantly lunging at Adesanya, leaving himself wide open. Once Adesanya tagged him when he did that, he should have adjusted his strategy, but he didn't at all.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Forget the first time he got tagged, how about being dropped and within it 2 seconds of being finished and THEN coming into the second round w that SAME strategy.. would have liked to hear what his corner told him smh

Adesanya kind of reminds me of Silva pre-ufc relaying a lot on his good chin, I’m sure he’ll just adapt and get even better just like Silva in his prime

RT is always respectful but he keeps saying he got “caught” or you got punched in the face a bunch of times over and over again until he hit you on the right button (both rounds)

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

i was also surprised by whitaker's gameplan.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

i was actually more surprised with Adesanya's gameplan. I was very impressed by his ability to live within the karate blitz and pick his shots with such poise and embrace the blitz like he did. He is good but Costa is not his Chris Leben and Costa is going to kill him.

Beastly Swagger

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_Fight ... ._Waterson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Back at it, will be placing some wagers tomorrow night.

Beastly Swagger

Waterson & Meerschaert are my livest dogs.

Beastly Swagger

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_on_ES ... s._Weidman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

May switch the Weidman pick I think he's still got some left as Reyes tends to slow down if the initial blitz doesn't end it.