756+ or 868?

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

MGP
The Slick Rick of PF

756+ or 868?

Post by MGP »

[quote]Sadaharu Oh or officially Wang Chenchih (Chinese: 王貞治; Pinyin: W

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

Hank Aaron would have hit like 1100hrs in the Japanese league during that timeframe

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Josh Gibson
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

Adrock wrote:I got more hits than Sadaharu Oh

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

eternalreflection wrote:Hank Aaron would have hit like 1100hrs in the Japanese league during that timeframe
You prolly know better than I do, but weren't the ball parks alot smaller over there during that time period.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

citizen

Post by citizen »

eternalreflection wrote:Hank Aaron would have hit like 1100hrs in the Japanese league during that timeframe

eris

Post by eris »

Prophecy wrote:Josh Gibson
Exactly.

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

Sodaharu is a bitch who gets scared of losing his single-season HR record and tells his pitchers to walk whoever is about to break it at the moment...(cant lie, i just read this on wikipedia yesterday)

see: Mr. Baseball
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Dunnnnleavy wrote:Sodaharu is a bitch who gets scared of losing his single-season HR record and tells his pitchers to walk whoever is about to break it at the moment...(cant lie, i just read this on wikipedia yesterday)

see: Mr. Baseball
Yeah, I've heard something about this.

Anyone remember a guy called Karl "Tuffy" Rhodes? Used to be in the Astros system amongst others. Apparently he played over there and tied Oh's single season record for homers with some games to play. He didn't get shit to hit for the rest of the year, and I believe he played the team Oh managed right there at the end. Bush league.

The fact that Rhodes could go over there and tear up the league despite not being able to stay in the majors speaks volumes of the Japanese league. Oh might have been a 20 homer guy in MLB if he was lucky.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

BeHemoth
Bam Bam

Post by BeHemoth »

those are little league fields over there

elohim

Post by elohim »

Prophecy wrote:Josh Gibson

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

BeHemoth wrote:those are little league fields over there
the Japanese league is pretty tough, slightly better play than AAAball if I remember correctly

probably looking at something like a 10-15% decrease across the board on all the stats to compare to MLB