Celts sign James Posey

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Julius Seizure

Celts sign James Posey

Post by Julius Seizure »

This is the first of the role player singings I have really liked. I mean, Scott Pollard, eh, whatever. Didn't really think Eddie House was a good fit. Trying to remember who Jackie Manual is. But Posey seems to be a great fit. I heard Ruben Patterson politiciking, trying to get the C's to sign him, and I like his game, but he is a loony. Posey plays sick D, can guard multiple positions, can get hot from outside, plays well in transition. Give me a PJ Brown/Kurt Thomas type and we're ready to compete with anyone in the east. I'M FUCKING AMPED FOR THE CELTICS THIS YEAR. START PRINTING UP BANNER 17 BANNER PRINTERS!!

goldenstateofmind

Post by goldenstateofmind »

pretty good

jamrage

Re: Celts sign James Posey

Post by jamrage »

Julius Seizure wrote: I'M FUCKING AMPED FOR THE CELTICS THIS YEAR. START PRINTING UP BANNER 17 BANNER PRINTERS!!
:larry:

I like what the Celts have done as well, but they're not a lock to win the East by any means, much less the entire thing. Wait and see how the big three do. West is still the best thing going. They'd probably be underdogs against San Antonio, Phoenix, or Dallas right now.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

i don't see why you'd be against ruben patterson. he is somewhat similar to posey. and since outside of the big three and house, you'll have limited offensive output......you'll need a bench that'll limit the bleeding through defense and rebounding both of which patterson provide.

i like eddie house. he's a good offensive player. coming off the bench as a 1 or 2 for the celts, he should be fine.

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

Yeah good pick up. My friend and me were saying how the bench is gone suffer something serious. Now I'm thinking they'll be ok. It just won't be 10 points coming off there like the motherfucking Rockets last year.

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:i don't see why you'd be against ruben patterson. he is somewhat similar to posey. and since outside of the big three and house, you'll have limited offensive output......you'll need a bench that'll limit the bleeding through defense and rebounding both of which patterson provide.

i like eddie house. he's a good offensive player. coming off the bench as a 1 or 2 for the celts, he should be fine.
yeah, patterson would be a good fit, but he seems like a wingnut. i don't really care, but ainge talks a lot about finding players who are good citizens. i believe ruben is a registered sex offender.

i'm glad to hear someone say they like eddie house. i don't hate the guy, just didn't seem like the best fit to back up,or start ahead of rondo. but i guess rondo will be the defender and house will be the instant offense.

Tariq's Dilemma

Post by Tariq's Dilemma »

Julius Seizure wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:i don't see why you'd be against ruben patterson. he is somewhat similar to posey. and since outside of the big three and house, you'll have limited offensive output......you'll need a bench that'll limit the bleeding through defense and rebounding both of which patterson provide.

yeah, patterson would be a good fit, but he seems like a wingnut. i don't really care, but ainge talks a lot about finding players who are good citizens. i believe ruben is a registered sex offender.
Actually, Patterson IS a sex offender but he got in trouble earlier this year for not registering as one :lol:

For an entire year now I have been wondering why the C's didn't go after Brevin Knight with the mid level exception. The only negative I have heard from about him is that he is a cancer in the lockerroom. Considering this team, and the pressure put on Rondo, I thought it would have been worth the risk.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

Tariq's Dilemma wrote:
Julius Seizure wrote:

Actually, Patterson IS a sex offender but he got in trouble earlier this year for not registering as one :lol:

For an entire year now I have been wondering why the C's didn't go after Brevin Knight with the mid level exception. The only negative I have heard from about him is that he is a cancer in the lockerroom. Considering this team, and the pressure put on Rondo, I thought it would have been worth the risk.
Brevin signed with the Clips.
Great idea to start threads everytime the celtics make a move.

Julius Seizure

Re: Celts sign James Posey

Post by Julius Seizure »

jamrage wrote:
Julius Seizure wrote: I'M FUCKING AMPED FOR THE CELTICS THIS YEAR. START PRINTING UP BANNER 17 BANNER PRINTERS!!
:larry:

I like what the Celts have done as well, but they're not a lock to win the East by any means, much less the entire thing. Wait and see how the big three do. West is still the best thing going. They'd probably be underdogs against San Antonio, Phoenix, or Dallas right now.
YOU CAN"T DAMPEN MY ENTHUSIASM FOR THE CELTICS UPCOMING TITLE RUN. NICE TRY YOU HUMAN SHADE TREE.

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

[/quote]
Brevin signed with the Clips.
Great idea to start threads everytime the celtics make a move.[/quote]

i agree that this is a great idea. i will continue doing so.

also, i thought brevin knight would have been perfect and i don't believe the shit about him being a lockeroom cancer. when you are in a losing situation its difficult for everyone to be happy.

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

and brevin only signed a 1 year, $4 million deal with the clips...well within the celtics budget. maybe his brain scan image wasn't in line with what ainge seeks in a pg.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

Julius Seizure wrote:and brevin only signed a 1 year, $4 million deal with the clips...well within the celtics budget. maybe his brain scan image wasn't in line with what ainge seeks in a pg.
considering rondo is a more athletic version of brevin knight, that would be overkill.

knight is unneccessary.