Patrick Roy's son fucks dudes up (hockey brawl)

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Random Sample

Patrick Roy's son fucks dudes up (hockey brawl)

Post by Random Sample »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESHa9-Czv_A

Dude fucks up the goalie, and then takes on another dude. great fight. this is in the QMJHL in canada, most of these guys are like 16-18 years old.

how people don't like hockey is beyond me.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Was that Patrick who walked on the ice after he was yelling?

Looks like Tie Domi's son.

Trub320

Post by Trub320 »

Philaflava wrote:Was that Patrick who walked on the ice after he was yelling?

Looks like Tie Domi's son.
Roy is the coach of the team

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

yeah...like roy didnt give his son a nod...a wink when the ref turned his back, basically ordering him to go after the other goaly..who wanted no part of the fight, dood straight beat him down
:copy:
gully hockey mullet canadian
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

i love hockey, but i think that the perpetuation of fighting in the sport needs to stop. it's retarded and immature.

Andro

Post by Andro »

Other dude should have dived at his legs when he was rushing him. Could have fucked him up. Instead he just stood their and got hit. He had like 10 seconds to prepare... :naswtf:

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

jredd109 wrote:i love hockey, but i think that the perpetuation of fighting in the sport needs to stop. it's retarded and immature.
:ghey:

move to europe

Juice

Post by Juice »

Random Sample wrote:
jredd109 wrote:i love hockey, but i think that the perpetuation of fighting in the sport needs to stop. it's retarded and immature.

move to europe
:arrow:

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Juice wrote:
Random Sample wrote:

move to europe
Whatever if you want to watch hockey with no fighting then you can watch hockey in europe. It is illegal over there. Fighting is a part of North American hockey. Those who don't like it are in fact bitchmade.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

not to kick a regional sport when its down; however without the potentially imminent fight anticipation during a hockey game, there isnt too much there. I havent seen a sexy break away in years. Widen the goals, loose the goalie pads girth and get back to me its racially integrated

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

CaPaBLe_KeL wrote:Widen the goals, loose the goalie pads girth and get back to me its racially integrated
1. widening the goals is ridiculous

2. making the goalie pads smaller could work, but I doubt it. a good goalie is going to make saves whether or not is pads are an inch or two smaller.

3. the racially integrated shit is funny. it isn't like the NHL doesn't want black players, it is just the fact that there is a lack of black people playing hockey.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Random Sample wrote:
CaPaBLe_KeL wrote:Widen the goals, loose the goalie pads girth and get back to me its racially integrated

2. making the goalie pads smaller could work, but I doubt it. a good goalie is going to make saves whether or not is pads are an inch or two smaller.

3. the racially integrated shit is funny. it isn't like the NHL doesn't want black players, it is just the fact that there is a lack of black people playing hockey.
I like hockey, however, I'm sure I'm not as big a fan as you, Random.

Why is widening the goals ridiculous? I'd like to hear the argument against it.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Money Gripp wrote:
Random Sample wrote:

Why widen the goals? Seriously...

Why do you want to see a 7-6 when 1-0 hockey is a better game. You're telling me you'd rather see goalies struggle then have them play at the top of their game? There is NOTHING better than playoff hockey when its a 0-0 or 1-1 game. Shit is exciting.

:rofl: @ racially integrate.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Positive A wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:
Random Sample wrote:

Why widen the goals? Seriously...

Why do you want to see a 7-6 when 1-0 hockey is a better game. You're telling me you'd rather see goalies struggle then have them play at the top of their game? There is NOTHING better than playoff hockey when its a 0-0 or 1-1 game. Shit is exciting.

:rofl: @ racially integrate.
I'm not talking about a drastic change like 2 m^2 or some shit, but if they increased the dimensions slightly and then did it as an experiment in pre-season, I'd be interested to see the results.

Hockey's biggest problems though (at least how I see it) are too many teams especially in "non-hockey regions" and a lack of identity. Look at how the NBA has done a wonderful job of replacing its stars from the 90's and building new storylines and rivalries.

Hockey feels stagnated.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

I never claimed to be a great hockey mind, but this gay ass point shit and how the hell do you can a point when you lose..seems swishy. but seeing a 5-7 game would be a refreshing change, just because locking up a team in a box as they skate around for a couple hours with no break aways is a tad ho hum.

i would much rather break down pitching strategy, or follow zone blocking schemes or just focus on the game in the paint

hockey i'm lookin for some one to fight

which posters here can tell when i am doing a shctik?

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Money Gripp wrote:I like hockey, however, I'm sure I'm not as big a fan as you, Random.

The NHL goal has been 6 ft. forever, and widening it would backfire, because the goalies would basically have to relearn their position. it would be a lot harder than most think. Goalies already have the toughest position on the ice, and making it harder for them is not the answer.

It depends on how wide they want to make it. 6 inches I think would be okay, and I think that the goalies could handle that, but anything larger than that would be touch for the goalie. The dimensions right now are 4 ft. tall X 6 ft. wide. If they were to make it 5'X7' that would be hard on the goalies.

and I don't know why people think that more scoring = a better game.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Money Gripp wrote:Hockey's biggest problems though (at least how I see it) are too many teams especially in "non-hockey regions" and a lack of identity. Look at how the NBA has done a wonderful job of replacing its stars from the 90's and building new storylines and rivalries.

Hockey feels stagnated.
Pretty much on point. Hockey in Atlanta, Phoenix, etc. just seems wierd. But on paper, those markets seem much better fitted to support then say, Winnipeg or Quebec City. As shitty as that is for those fans. However, that plan has backfired for Bettman and the NHL.

In the 80s, hockey was right up there with the other sports. Now, its just a mess.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

As cool as this wild west bar fight shit is....when I see it I always wonder how this still allowed? No other sport would let this go. I'm guessing tradition, race, and general lack of interest in the sport are potential reasons. And combine that lack of interest with the fact that nobody has been seriously hurt in the NHL (to my knowledge)...and you have a tradition that I doubt will die anytime soon. Good for them I guess.

an-also

Post by an-also »

always hated that faggot patrick roy

Boris.

Post by Boris. »

Random Sample wrote:

move to europe
in europe hockey fights are way better then in nhl. chill
If you can't walk the walk, don't talk the talk.

Raphael De La Ghetto

Post by Raphael De La Ghetto »

Someone had died and there have been many serious injuries (like 4 broken necks in the past 2 years)... unless you're talking about these happening in fights.

Anyways, Pat Roy's son is a fucking fag. There's unwritten rules in hockey and one of them is you don't fight a guy when he doesn't want to go (unless he's a punk) and you don't punch guys that are on the ground.

Pat Roy's son needs to get beat like Pat Roy beats his wife.
They're both douchebags.
Brodeur>>>Roy.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Raphael De La Ghetto wrote:Someone had died and there have been many serious injuries (like 4 broken necks in the past 2 years)... unless you're talking about these happening in fights.

Anyways, Pat Roy's son is a fucking fag. There's unwritten rules in hockey and one of them is you don't fight a guy when he doesn't want to go (unless he's a punk) and you don't punch guys that are on the ground.

They're both douchebags.
Brodeur>>>Roy.
Hasek in his prime>>> roy in his prime

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Random Sample wrote:
Juice wrote:
Random Sample wrote:

move to europe
Whatever if you want to watch hockey with no fighting then you can watch hockey in europe. It is illegal over there. Fighting is a part of North American hockey. Those who don't like it are in fact bitchmade.
I'm not going to say that I'm completely against fighting in hockey, but do you have an argument for why fighting needs to be a part of hockey other than that's the way it's always been?
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

Raphael De La Ghetto

-It's entertaining.

-It helps keep guys from going around giving cheap shots. I mean, if it's allowed to give a beat down for giving someone a cheap shot, wouldn't you give it more of a thought? It's also a good way to vent frustration instead of giving a cheap shot with your stick or a low hit. There is an option there to drop gloves and fight like men when you don't like what another guy has done to you.

-It's another way of getting momentum in a game. You're getting smoked 2-0 in the first and you see a guy on your team take on another guy to try and get things going it gets your blood pumping and emotions running.

Just some of the reasons it's useful.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Raphael De La Ghetto wrote:-It's entertaining.

-It helps keep guys from going around giving cheap shots. I mean, if it's allowed to give a beat down for giving someone a cheap shot, wouldn't you give it more of a thought? It's also a good way to vent frustration instead of giving a cheap shot with your stick or a low hit. There is an option there to drop gloves and fight like men when you don't like what another guy has done to you.

-It's another way of getting momentum in a game. You're getting smoked 2-0 in the first and you see a guy on your team take on another guy to try and get things going it gets your blood pumping and emotions running.

Just some of the reasons it's useful.
I agree with everything here, and I would like to add it is fucking awesome.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Boris. wrote:
Random Sample wrote:

move to europe
in europe hockey fights are way better then in nhl. chill
I guess you would really have to drop the gloves for a good reason and be pretty fired up since it is illegal, but from my understanding there isn't that many fights.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

Raphael De La Ghetto wrote:It helps keep guys from going around giving cheap shots. I mean, if it's allowed to give a beat down for giving someone a cheap shot, wouldn't you give it more of a thought? It's also a good way to vent frustration instead of giving a cheap shot with your stick or a low hit. There is an option there to drop gloves and fight like men when you don't like what another guy has done to you.

hockey players have always gone around giving cheap shots. if fighting was such a deterrent why does it still happen regularly?

as mentioned there are waay too many teams in the league. i'd get rid of at least 6 and move 2 if it was up to me. disperse more skilled players and get rid of some of the goons and the league would be better off.

there are some amazing young players out there (malkin, ovechkin, crosby) the league needs to find a way to market their talent better.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

i sat next to marion Gaborik's wife on a plane.

Raphael De La Ghetto

jredd109 wrote:
Raphael De La Ghetto wrote:It helps keep guys from going around giving cheap shots. I mean, if it's allowed to give a beat down for giving someone a cheap shot, wouldn't you give it more of a thought? It's also a good way to vent frustration instead of giving a cheap shot with your stick or a low hit. There is an option there to drop gloves and fight like men when you don't like what another guy has done to you.

hockey players have always gone around giving cheap shots. if fighting was such a deterrent why does it still happen regularly?
Cheap shots are always going to happen no matter what the penalties are because some guys are just idiots. But it helps that when you do pull a cheap shot, you'll have to stand up and fight that game, the next game and the game after, because everyone is going to want a piece of you. It's not going to eliminate cheap shots, but I do believe it certainly helps lowering them.

A__TRAIN

Post by A__TRAIN »

an-also wrote:
Raphael De La Ghetto wrote:Someone had died and there have been many serious injuries (like 4 broken necks in the past 2 years)... unless you're talking about these happening in fights.

They're both douchebags.
Brodeur>>>Roy.
Hasek in his prime>>> roy in his prime
:larry: :larry: