Let's talk about the NBA MVP race...

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Who is this year's NBA MVP?

Kobe Bryant
19%
Chauncey Billups
No votes
Kevin Garnett
7%
Manu Ginobili
No votes
Dwight Howard
No votes
Lebron James
19%
Chris Paul
52%
Amare Stoudemire
2%

Total votes: 42

Money Gripp

Let's talk about the NBA MVP race...

Post by Money Gripp »

Who should win it? Here are the stats through today:

Kobe: 28.3 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 5.3 apg, 1.88 spg, 46.0 FG%, 24.21 PER

CP3: 21.6 ppg, 11.4 apg, 3.9 rpg, 2.71 spg, 49.4 FG%, 37.3 3PT%, 28.84 PER

Lebron: 30.7 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 7.3 apg, 1.83 spg, 48.5 FG%, 29.89 PER

Garnett: 19.0 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 3.5 apg, 1.44 spg, 1.26 bpg, 53.6 FG%, 24.70 PER

Ginobili: 20.2 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.6 rpg, 1.50 spg, 41.0 3PT%, 25.00 PER

Here's how it breaks down for me:

Best player on the best team - KG.

Best season statistically - Lebron although Paul's chance to be the first player to ever average 20-10-3 for a season is pretty remarkable.

Best player - Kobe. Even though we already knew that, he's still the best player in a league of great players.

Most underrated franchise-player - Ginobili. Despite all the flopping and the fact that he plays with Duncan and he plays slightly less minutes than other premier playerss, Manu has been the most important player for the Spurs this season. Yes, even more important than Duncan.

Most valuable player - Which to me means, who contributes the most to their team's success? Undoubtedly every player on this list means a lot to their team, but who would have predicted that the Hornets would be 1st in the West at this point in the season? There's no way that happens without CP3. Ladies and gentlemen, Chris Paul is your 2007-2008 NBA Regular Season MVP.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

niggas stealing my thunder and shit

an-also

Post by an-also »

:lock:

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

I said CP3 when everybody said that Hornets wouldn't be able to keep it up and Garnett or Kobe would get it

told ya'll so

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

yeah i've been saying chris paul since the halfway point of the season.

will make this a poll soon.

money gripp, i hate you, you cracka ass cracka.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Tweak Da Leak wrote:I said CP3 when everybody said that Hornets wouldn't be able to keep it up and Garnett or Kobe would get it

told ya'll so
lol, i said that the hornets were the sleeper team of the NBA before the season started and said chris paul was going to make the jump.

told you so.

axel foley

Post by axel foley »

no love for dwight howard?

an-also

Post by an-also »

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

WILL BE: Kobe

SHOULD BE: Chris Paul

WONT BE: KG

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

axel foley wrote:Image

no love for dwight howard?
he's 6th on my list. you could make an arguement for 5th.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:I said CP3 when everybody said that Hornets wouldn't be able to keep it up and Garnett or Kobe would get it

told ya'll so
lol, i said that the hornets were the sleeper team of the NBA before the season started and said chris paul was going to make the jump.

told you so.
Sleeper team!?!?!? I predicted they would compete for a top 3 spot in the West before the season started, my MVP prediction came 1/3 of the way thru the season so told you so...

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Tweak Da Leak wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:

told ya'll so

told you so.
Sleeper team!?!?!? I predicted they would compete for a top 3 spot in the West before the season started, my MVP prediction came 1/3 of the way thru the season so told you so...
http://philaflava.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... redictions

Where? i mean if this is a prediction you made to yourself in a room by yourself, that is cool but i'm going to have a hard time believing it. but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

until i saw this.
Tweak Da Leak on december 15th in Popa's who's the better player: PG thread wrote:Nash

and for those that hate on kidd, he's averaging 8+ rebounds and 10+ assists you faggots
and in the same thread i wrote this:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:btw.

1. Chris Paul

2. Nash
3. Deron Williams
4. Chauncey Billups
5. Jason Kidd
6. Baron Davis
here's the link for all to see:

http://philaflava.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... ht=nba+mvp

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:yeah i've been saying chris paul since the halfway point of the season.

:owens:

Where an extremely pale white guy from suburban NJ steals the thunder of a proud Muslim sports-junkie from New York...

Where eternalreflection thinks that playoffs are meaningless and computers should determine who wins championships...

Where Icesickle talks up Villanova and then has to be talked down off his Mom's roof after they get demolished by Kansas...

Where TWEAK DA LEAK still suffers from the complications of being beaten over the head with a steel dildo as a 12 year-old..

The Sports Bar. Where amazing happens.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Money Gripp wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:yeah i've been saying chris paul since the halfway point of the season.

Where an extremely pale white guy from suburban NJ steals the thunder of a proud Muslim sports-junkie from New York...

Where eternalreflection thinks that playoffs are meaningless and computers should determine who wins championships...

Where Icesickle talks up Villanova and then has to be talked down off his Mom's roof after they get demolished by Kansas...

Where TWEAK DA LEAK still suffers from the complications of being beaten over the head with a steel dildo as a 12 year-old..

an-also

Post by an-also »

Money Gripp wrote:

:cheers:

an-also

Post by an-also »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:

told ya'll so

told you so.

Where? i mean if this is a prediction you made to yourself in a room by yourself, that is cool but i'm going to have a hard time believing it. but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

until i saw this.
Tweak Da Leak on december 15th in Popa's who's the better player: PG thread wrote:Nash

and for those that hate on kidd, he's averaging 8+ rebounds and 10+ assists you faggots
and in the same thread i wrote this:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:btw.

1. Chris Paul

2. Nash
3. Deron Williams
4. Chauncey Billups
5. Jason Kidd
6. Baron Davis
here's the link for all to see:

http://philaflava.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... ht=nba+mvp
:copy:

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Money Gripp wrote:

i'm not going to front, i am :owens:

shit, i wait till the end of the season for my end of the season award polls. complete with stats, sabermetrics, and cheerleaders. you white people jump the gun and then run past the bullet, mayne.

my parade is rained on.

still :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

hahhahaha

I said Nash was the best but in his decline and Paul was 1a. and on the rise, look up the best pg thread, the nba thread in the early pages, there are numerous times I stated before the season that the Hornets were a top 3 Western Conference team, it makes sense since I said if Paul stays on the rise they would be the best team in the league.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

It's Chris Paul and it's not even close.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Tweak Da Leak wrote:hahhahaha

I said Nash was the best but in his decline and Paul was 1a. and on the rise, look up the best pg thread, the nba thread in the early pages, there are numerous times I stated before the season that the Hornets were a top 3 Western Conference team, it makes sense since I said if Paul stays on the rise they would be the best team in the league.
i ran a search under your name and paul and nothing like that even came up.

but i'll take your word for it. i'm not going to argue something petty like this. if you can find a link where you said this, i'll give you credit and props.

kato

Post by kato »

stupidregister wrote:It's Chris Paul and it's not even close.
It's actually close. But Paul deserves it, however, I don't see NBA giving him the MVP.

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

After seeing the stats how could you really vote for kobe over Lebron. Lebron is better in every statistical category, but the MVP is Chris Paul he is the definition of making everyone better and still scoring points.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

CP3 and it's not even close.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

lmao who voted for garnett?

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

with all the injurys the lakers have had this year, and to still be where they are, i'm going to go with kobe. I'm biased as fuck...but still.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:lmao who voted for garnett?
me
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

an-also

Post by an-also »

CaPaBLe_KeL wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:lmao who voted for garnett?
me
:roper:

an-also

Post by an-also »

just came back from the acc. Paul demolished Ford and Calderon. Watching paul live is amazing.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

an-also wrote:just came back from the acc. Paul demolished Ford and Calderon. Watching paul live is amazing.
Sits out T.O makes a run and he gets inserted to ice the game with another assist

20 some points, 16 assists, 4 boards and only 2 turnovers hahahha another day in the life

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Money Gripp wrote:

Luc LOLngley :rofl: