NFL WEEK 1 Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Orale Holmes

NFL WEEK 1 Thread

Post by Orale Holmes »

The Official NFL WEEK 1 Thread

Lets get this shit started!!!!

THU, SEP 4

Washington at NY Giants

SUN, SEP 7

Detroit at Atlanta
Seattle at Buffalo
Jacksonville at Tennessee
NY Jets at Miami
Kansas City at New England
Tampa Bay at New Orleans
St. Louis at Philadelphia
Houston at Pittsburgh
Cincinnati at Baltimore
Carolina at San Diego
Arizona at San Francisco
Dallas at Cleveland
Chicago at Indianapolis

MON, SEP 8

Minnesota at Green Bay
Denver at Oakland

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

Minny being 1-0 is always a good start

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

i love having 2 monday night games

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

Clinton Portis is about to destroy some bammas on national telelvision.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

Flaccoooooooooooooooo

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

49ers 1-0

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

First, stay way from bets. Week 1 is a sucker week.

Here are some predictions, some bold, some obvious.

THU, SEP 4

Washington at NY Giants = Portis will run for 2 TD's

SUN, SEP 7

Detroit at Atlanta = Turner will rush over 25 times with a stat line like 100+ yards 1 TD. If Rudi plays he'll get a GL TD too.
Seattle at Buffalo = Branch plays and is a non factor. Lynch is a monster. Lee Evans starts the year off great.
Jacksonville at Tennessee = MJD will get stopped a lot. I think Tenn can win this one easily.
NY Jets at Miami = Chad has a nice game. Ricky and Ronnie play nice together. The real winner is Ted Ginn.
Kansas City at New England = Maroney and Johnson both score. Bowe gets 70 yards 1 TD. Brady throws INT.
Tampa Bay at New Orleans = Brees lights it up. They come out quick put up nice numbers and win 38-21.
St. Louis at Philadelphia = Westbrook.
Houston at Pittsburgh = Pitt wins big. Houston is a hot mess but Johnson will be scoreless with close to 10 RECs.
Cincinnati at Baltimore = I expect Chad Johnson to get hurt on the first play and finish with 7 REC, 80 Yards, 2 TD's.
Carolina at San Diego = Carolina won't win until the 4th or 5th week.
Arizona at San Francisco = Gore big game. James nice game. Larry Fitzgerald 11 REC, 120 Yards. Boldin 8 REC, 100 Yards.
Dallas at Cleveland = Cleveland wins with big 4Q. Edwards, Winslow, Stallworth & Lewis all have solid games.
Chicago at Indianapolis = Manning starts off slow, finishes with 3 TD's. Chicago is hopeless.

MON, SEP 8

Minnesota at Green Bay = Minn not only wins but possibly by two TD's. AP rushes for 100 easy. Jennings gets a TD.
Denver at Oakland = Cutler throws for 300. Darrell Jackson plays, grabs 80 yards, 1 TD and gets injured to knock him out 8 weeks. Expect Curry to put up some respectable numbers too. DMC will not score.

shopvack

Post by shopvack »

packers will beat minnesota on an INT return for a TD. the pack o-line will likely struggle against the minny d-line, but the packers defense will focus on AD and make tariavairarias try to beat the secondary. and he won't.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Atari Bigsby puts a helmet on AP's knee in the second quarter and he is out for the season. The Vikings go 3-13. Jackson sets the single season INT record. Berrian has more drops than anyone in the league. Jared Allen falls back into drinking and kills himself and Pat Williams in a car wreck.

The Packers go 9 and 7. Rodgers throws more TDs than INTs. Thats all I want.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

:lol:

an-also

Post by an-also »

blastmaster wrote: The Packers go 9 and 7.
that might be good enough to win the div. If A-Rodg stays healthy, he'll easily throw more td's than ints. i guarantee it. The only problem with him is going to be the sacks he takes. Brett was awesome in the pocket at getting rid of the ball so he never took sacks. Rodgers will probably struggle with that as many young qb's do

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

That Minnesota defense scares the living shit out of me. They have three players on their D-Line that demand double-teams. I suspect that the Packers will get thoroughly pummeled when they're on offense; they're gonna have to rely on Tavaris INTs and some dope special teams plays to get them close/into field goal range. We know that the Vikings are gonna win the time-of-possession and field-position battles with Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor in the backfield, thereby resting that terrific defense and making 'em that much more effective.

dware94

Post by dware94 »

SFpumped for the start of the NFL, cant believe its only a day away. Anyone else think the Giants are just gonna beat down the Skins tomorrow. I dont really put much stock into pre season games but the skins have looked so so bad this pre season that i really cant see them just flipping on a switch and coming out looking sharp tomorrow.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

blastmaster wrote:Atari Bigsby puts a helmet on AP's knee in the second quarter and he is out for the season. The Vikings go 3-13. Jackson sets the single season INT record. Berrian has more drops than anyone in the league. Jared Allen falls back into drinking and kills himself and Pat Williams in a car wreck.
:rofl:
Nets 2022

still illiterate

an-also wrote:
blastmaster wrote: The Packers go 9 and 7.
If A-Rodg stays healthy, he'll easily throw more td's than ints. i
ha.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

THU, SEP 4

Washington at NY Giants - giants win, skins will suck this year

SUN, SEP 7

Detroit at Atlanta - detroit, atl replaces them as the worst franchise in the league
Seattle at Buffalo - buffalo, potential afc wildcard team
Jacksonville at Tennessee - jacksonville. vince young sucks.
NY Jets at Miami - jets. after watching chad pennington for the past few years i know one thing about his game, its horrible
Kansas City at New England - pats. herm edwards coaches the chiefs, nuff said
Tampa Bay at New Orleans - tampa. NO is not gonna be good.
St. Louis at Philadelphia - philly. atleast 4 players on stl get season ending injuries in the first quarter
Houston at Pittsburgh - Pitts. not sold on houston being a sleeper, but i havent written the idea off yet either.
Cincinnati at Baltimore - cinci. bmore has no offense and an old d.
Carolina at San Diego - carolina. chargers start off slow again this year.
Arizona at San Francisco - SF, arizona will never be good
Dallas at Cleveland - dallas. cleveland comes back to earth this season
Chicago at Indianapolis - indy. chicago goes 6-10

MON, SEP 8

Minnesota at Green Bay - gb. minnesota is the most overrated team this year.
Denver at Oakland - who cares

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

ALASKA wrote: Chicago at Indianapolis - indy. chicago goes 6-10

I'd be impressed if they won 6 games this year.

Shyste502

Post by Shyste502 »

fuck dallas

skins 1st string looked pretty good the first 3 games and getting good press, since the carolina game ntohing but 4-12 predictions last in nfc east from almost everybody. the dude who did the skins preview in SI's preview was inaccurate as fuck. too many people base their own opinions off of someone elses. or they jsut spout off some bullshit and hope it sticks.

to many fucks are putting emphasis on that carolina game

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

can't wait to get off work
UBM CD COMING SOON

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

still illiterate wrote:i love having 2 monday night games
me 2 its gona be cool...

Karisma

Post by Karisma »

The Official NFL WEEK 1 Thread

Lets get this shit started!!!!

THU, SEP 4

Washington at NY Giants- Skins win 30-20, cooley goes over 100 and gets a td, Eli throws 3int's 1 backbreaker after a long drive in the endzone

SUN, SEP 7

Detroit at Atlanta- Kevin Smith puts himself on the radar he shouldve already been on with 130 rushing, Turner fumbles twice, Roddy shines

Seattle at Buffalo- lowest scoring game of the week

Jacksonville at Tennessee- Game of the week, JAX picks Young to secure victory, Mojo Drew scores twice once on a reception, Alge gets a td

NY Jets at Miami- Fav-re throws for 300 but also 3 int's, ricky plays high

Kansas City at New England- lets just say I hope D-bowe gets alot of burn because they tryin to coem from way behind

Tampa Bay at New Orleans- Galloway amazes with his speed and 49 year old legs, Drew goes on a game winnin drive with a buck 57 left to edge out the victory, Bush goes over a 100 total yards, thats recieving, rushing, and return tho, lol

St. Louis at Philadelphia- chris long gets no sacks and has 2 tackles, Westbrook scores 3 td's

Houston at Pittsburgh- Dre Johnson scores early only to not see many passes the rest of the game, Slaton gets himself a highlight reel run, Pitt dominates the second half with Menden and Parker both scoring

Cincinnati at Baltimore- Ocho Cinco comes out with a Johnson on his jersey only to have Palmer rip it off before he scores twice, on the second td Chad removes his helmet and takes out a sandwich and a capri sun then casually eats lunch in the endzone

Carolina at San Diego- J stewart wins the starting job outright with a big game, Phil Riv throws 2 td's to lt, lt scores 4 times

Arizona at San Francisco- FITZZZY goes for 150 yards and a td, hightower outrushes James, Pat willis gets 19 tackles and a fumble recovery, vernon davis does nothing

Dallas at Cleveland- Crayton has more yards receiving than T.O., but T.O. scores twice, Edwards scores on a reverse, Marion the Barbarian goes for 125 and a td

Chicago at Indianapolis- Tin-man-ning silences the doubters with a 350 yard game, 3 td's, hester returns a punt for a td, anthony gonzo gets more yards than Starvin Marvin

MON, SEP 8

Minnesota at Green Bay- All Day rushes for 180 and a touch, Taylor gets 40 yards and a touch... Ryan Grant runs for 57 yards and a touch, Berrian gets a td, as does Driver and Donald Lee

Denver at Oakland- Tony Scheff catches 2 redzone td's, Brandon Marshall gets a 100 yards right after doin some thug shit pre-game like smokin a blunt or downin a 40, Run-Dmc rushes for 140 and no td's
"Daddies home...Niggas is Scared, Way before I put the Key in the Door"-Jigga

/\ Bernard Pollards House

...He hit Tom just above the shoes, and poured
MORTON salt in our Superbowl Wounds!!

YALL READY TO RIDE ON THIS FOOL??
RAWBLE RAWBLE

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Shyste502 wrote:fuck dallas

skins 1st string looked pretty good the first 3 games and getting good press, since the carolina game ntohing but 4-12 predictions last in nfc east from almost everybody. the dude who did the skins preview in SI's preview was inaccurate as fuck. too many people base their own opinions off of someone elses. or they jsut spout off some bullshit and hope it sticks.

to many fucks are putting emphasis on that carolina game
????? :naswtf:

Im so hype for Sunday its scary, Some of the reporters on ESPN chose Carolina to represent this year, I fuckin hope so but only time will tell, I think these first 2 games without Steve Smith are going to show us a lot about my Panthers.

dware94

Post by dware94 »

like i said, skins are gonna be sooooo bad this year.

still illiterate

carolina isn't gonna represent shit. I can't believe anyone would say that shit.

this week I took:

Giants
bengals
Saints
Patriots
Jaguars
Jets
Lions
Eagles
Bills *
Steelers
Cardinals
Cowboys
Chargers
Colts

Vikings
Raiders *

* denotes upset special

granted the giants are up as i'm writing this, but they look better then i thought they would. I figured they would be 4rth in the east this year, but it looks like they could make more noise then that. it's either that or the skins are worse then I thought, that's possible too.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

LOL @ Brian Urlacher.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Well, winning a Super Bowl doesn't make you immune to making bad throws.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Dirty Redskin bastards

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

How the hell is James Thrash still on an NFL Roster? Good for him, I guess.

still illiterate

blastmaster wrote:How the hell is James Thrash still on an NFL Roster? Good for him, I guess.
i'm sure it's disheartening to know that he's getting more looks then the future co-rookies of the year, devin thomas and malcolm kelly

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

still illiterate wrote:
blastmaster wrote:How the hell is James Thrash still on an NFL Roster? Good for him, I guess.
i'm sure it's disheartening to know that he's getting more looks then the future co-rookies of the year, devin thomas and malcolm kelly
Yea. The Skins are STACKED!