Chicago Has A Metal Restaurant (WTF?)

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

cascarrabias

Chicago Has A Metal Restaurant (WTF?)

Post by cascarrabias »

http://www.kumas-corner.com/food.html

Put mouse on the "Sandwiches." I want a Pig Destroyer sandwich.

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

HA HA.. Nice find !

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

C'mon this is awesome.

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

Yeah, I agree that this is awesome. Great choices for bands too. I'd eat there all the time if I lived in Chicago.

Are the bands Yob, Mayhem, Dark Throne, Hate Beak any good? They keep some good company on that sandwich list and have me interested.

Tariq's Dilemma

Post by Tariq's Dilemma »

ChristPuncher wrote:Yeah, I agree that this is awesome. Great choices for bands too. I'd eat there all the time if I lived in Chicago.

Are the bands Yob, Mayhem, Dark Throne, Hate Beak any good? They keep some good company on that sandwich list and have me interested.
Mayhem and Dark Throne are pretty much the godfathers of black metal. If you are into metal my guys who dress in corpse paint, burn down incredibly old norwegian churchs and cathedrals, than these are your bands.

Im pretty sure a member of mayhem shot another bandmember in the head with a shotgun. He put some of the dudes brain in a necklace, put it in some soup (which he ate) and than took a picture of the dead body.

That picture was their album cover.

I will check out this restaurant and let y'all know how it is.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Tariq's Dilemma wrote:
ChristPuncher wrote:Yeah, I agree that this is awesome. Great choices for bands too. I'd eat there all the time if I lived in Chicago.

Im pretty sure a member of mayhem shot another bandmember in the head with a shotgun. He put some of the dudes brain in a necklace, put it in some soup (which he ate) and than took a picture of the dead body.

what

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

wheels wrote:
Tariq's Dilemma wrote:

what
Close. Dead (yes, that was his name), tried to slit his wrists, but it wasnt working fast enough, so he shot himself. His note simply said "Excuse all the blood". One of the other band members took pictures which were later stolen and used as the cover of a bootleg.

The lead singer was later stabbed about 20 times by one of the newer members.

There are a ton of great stories about theses guys freezing their blood, wearing pig heads, burying ther clothes and cutting themselves on stage.

Restaurant looks awesome.

Masked Terror #1

Post by Masked Terror #1 »

This book pretty much explains it all. Great read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lords_of_Chaos

Tariq's Dilemma

Post by Tariq's Dilemma »

blastmaster wrote:
wheels wrote:
Tariq's Dilemma wrote:

what
Close. Dead (yes, that was his name), tried to slit his wrists, but it wasnt working fast enough, so he shot himself. His note simply said "Excuse all the blood". One of the other band members took pictures which were later stolen and used as the cover of a bootleg.

The lead singer was later stabbed about 20 times by one of the newer members.

There are a ton of great stories about theses guys freezing their blood, wearing pig heads, burying ther clothes and cutting themselves on stage.

Restaurant looks awesome.
That CD was a bootleg? I remember a friend of mine bought it from century media. In that book MT1 mentions it Im pretty sure it said that he put some of that brain in some soup.

Either way, the band is great.

DLG

Post by DLG »

"Lords of Chaos" is a fantastic read.

Even though I could never identify with it, that early 90s norweigan black metal scene was the real deal, while most black metal band's today lack that sense of purpose that makes lo-fi recording in the woods seem cool instead of silly.

YOB is really crushing doom/stoner shit. check them out.