Driving music

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

NovaLux

Driving music

Post by NovaLux »

On Saturday I have to drive for twelve hours straight, and I still haven't recovered my music from my old hard drive. Would anybody make me a road mix? It doesn't even have to be something new necessarily; if you've made mixes for other things I'd appreciate those too.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

C'mon. At least give a vague idea of what you like.

NovaLux

Post by NovaLux »

I was purposely vague. I like a lot of stuff, but I always like new stuff. I did ethnomusicology in college, so I like some sort of off-the-wall and non-US stuff. Also like jazz, various instrumental, umm . . . maybe what I don't like. Don't really like most metal, and that's about it, although even that has exceptions. So I guess this doesn't really help, but my tastes are extremely varied. Maybe I'm just not very discerning, but I enjoy a very broad array of music, and am always looking for new things. Plus I think it's interesting to see what your idea of good 12 hour driving music is.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

well my idea of goodtime driving music is gnr and ghostface, but if you want all sorts of crazy off the wall ethnic shit i got tons and tons of that...you want?
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

lux listen to me now

first of all it is very brave of you to do this, you are making the right choice

second of all you must be strong until saturday yerfdog will NOT change he might say he will but it is likely he will hit you again when things start to get bad

third of all if you need any places to stay just talk to me or andvil or reggie we will put you in contact with a shelter until we can pick you up

finally you are doing. the. right. thing. you are so brave girl, we look forward to seeing you

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Hi Lux. I know you're known for baring yer puddy lipz on here waaaay back in time in 2004 but i never saw that or, at least, i have no memory of yer cooch so my abiding memory of you is when i posted a pic of a blond friend of mine who i used to nail in a Post a picture of girls you've fucked thread and you laughed at it.

Anyway, i think the best typs of driving music are sex-rawk, 80s pop and Texa$ rap. You need : some The Stooges, some Madonna, some Z-Ro, some Danzig, some Duran Duran, some UGK, some Kyuss, some Prince, some Scarface.

You also need a "best of Bad Boy" compilation.

NovaLux

Post by NovaLux »

drizzle: yes please!

Stormy: He's coming with me! For 12 hours! And on the way home my mom will be with us. Lovely. Also, my per diem good-natured :roll: has sky-rocketed lately.

IDAL: I have no memory of laughing at a blond friend of yours. Are you sure I did that? Was it mean? Will you post another picture so I can remember why I laughed? If it was mean I'm very sorry.

Also, I'm sure I would enjoy your idea of driving music, but I can't put that together before I leave because I'll be at my parents' house. Would you be willing to upload a mix for me?

The Rapping Coffin

Post by The Rapping Coffin »

NovaLux wrote:On Saturday I have to drive for twelve hours straight, and I still haven't recovered my music from my old hard drive. Would anybody make me a road mix? It doesn't even have to be something new necessarily; if you've made mixes for other things I'd appreciate those too.
here is a great road mix I made all on one long mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/?bdcejz3zd1e

Alas, i'm far too lazy to make a mix for someone on teh internet but i'm sure one of the gentlemen on this forum would hook up some Stooges, Danzig, Z-Ro, UGK, Duran Duran etc.

Better yet, just take along yer collection of "The Immaculate Collection" and listen to that for 12 hours.
Last edited by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) on Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Rapping Coffin

Lexus you need to make a Best of Bad Boy thread.

This morning I was listening to 112's "Anywhere" remix with Shyne & Lil Zane (those two on the same track is too great for words) and the "Been Around the World" remix w/ Carl Thomas (which is gawd status)

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

I Drive A Lexus wrote:Image

Alas, i'm far too lazy to make a mix for someone on teh internet but i'm sure one of the gentlemen on this forum would hook up some Stooges, Danzig, Z-Ro, UGK, Duran Duran etc.

Better yet, just take along yer collection of "The Immaculate Collection" and listen to that for 12 hours.
:lol: I knew it was gonna be that picture. But yeah, I'm too lazy to make you a mix as well. I'll see if I have any good ones lying around the house to upload for you though, Lux.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

Every thread is a best of Bad Boy thread in my world.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ezgZm_LnNDo

And we got dough, nigga me and P we hot, yo
Make a hip hop show look like a rock show
Ooh Jesus Christ! look the way that the rocks glow
Want the world to see so we keeping them tops low

NovaLux

Post by NovaLux »

The Rapping Coffin wrote:
NovaLux wrote:On Saturday I have to drive for twelve hours straight, and I still haven't recovered my music from my old hard drive. Would anybody make me a road mix? It doesn't even have to be something new necessarily; if you've made mixes for other things I'd appreciate those too.
here is a great road mix I made all on one long mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/?bdcejz3zd1e
LOL

Okay, I remember that picture, but I still don't remember why I laughed at it. Sorry, she looks fine to me now. Don't know what my problem was.

Thanks Hobo, I appreciate it.

Lux - do you like Black Rob?

NovaLux

Post by NovaLux »

NovaLux

Post by NovaLux »

DP

Deadguy

Post by Deadguy »

StormShadow wrote:lux listen to me now

first of all it is very brave of you to do this, you are making the right choice

second of all you must be strong until saturday yerfdog will NOT change he might say he will but it is likely he will hit you again when things start to get bad

third of all if you need any places to stay just talk to me or andvil or reggie we will put you in contact with a shelter until we can pick you up

finally you are doing. the. right. thing. you are so brave girl, we look forward to seeing you
Ben, Jimmy and I have been scouring the LA underbelly in search of this dirtbag. No doubt he knows whats coming to him, he hasn't been home in two days. The bartenders at his regular haunts give us the cold shoulder. Jimmy had to bust a burly biker looking dude at some hole called Jammers. Apparently, that's where David's been scoring the speed. Don't worry Lux, he will pay dearly.

Deadguy wrote:

Ben, Jimmy and I have been scouring the LA underbelly in search of this dirtbag. No doubt he knows whats coming to him, he hasn't been home in two days. The bartenders at his regular haunts give us the cold shoulder. Jimmy had to bust a burly biker looking dude at some hole called Jammers. Apparently, that's where David's been scoring the speed. Don't worry Lux, he will pay dearly.
wHUTZ DA gOSSIP?

NovaLux

Post by NovaLux »

Deadguy wrote:

But for real the other night he elbowed me in the ear so hard I was seeing stars and didn't even wake up. Then the next day he gave me a nosebleed. No joke.

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

NovaLux wrote:
Deadguy wrote:

But for real the other night he elbowed me in the ear so hard I was seeing stars and didn't even wake up. Then the next day he gave me a nosebleed. No joke.
oh for goodness sake this unacceptable

you are ourwife too and he cannot continue treating you this way

honestly we should have done something about this a long time ago, after he first told us about punching you in the face because you startled him

sun ra
Wifey Material

Post by sun ra »

reanimator - music to slit wrists by

NovaLux

Post by NovaLux »

StormShadow wrote:
NovaLux wrote:
Deadguy wrote:

oh for goodness sake this unacceptable

you are ourwife too and he cannot continue treating you this way

honestly we should have done something about this a long time ago, after he first told us about punching you in the face because you startled him
To be fair though, he was in the shower rapping in falsetto with a Russian accent, and when you're doing that you just don't expect to be disturbed.

The Rapping Coffin

I Drive A Lexus wrote:Lux - do you like Black Rob?
Do you have the 98 Jackson 5 "I Want You Back" Bad Boy remix featuring Black Rob? I've never heard it.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Lux - I started making you a little mix, but I gotta go to class. I'll post it up in here when I get home or tomorrow.

Love,

Money Gripp

The Rapping Coffin wrote:
I Drive A Lexus wrote:Lux - do you like Black Rob?
Do you have the 98 Jackson 5 "I Want You Back" Bad Boy remix featuring Black Rob? I've never heard it.
I have it somewhere at home. Shit, i haven't heard that in about 8 years.

tpp

Post by tpp »

Perfect driving music: Converge at 120mph on an empty motorway with all the windows rolled down.

NovaLux

Post by NovaLux »

Money Gripp wrote:Lux - I started making you a little mix, but I gotta go to class. I'll post it up in here when I get home or tomorrow.

Love,

Money Gripp
Thanks dear, you've never steered me wrong yet.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2548g3

ok so i threw a bunch of random tracks i like from around the world in a zip, mostly upbeat stuff. I didn't try to put them in any kind of order, that would take a few days of listening and arranging 'cause i get anal about that stuff sometimes and for this set it would drive me nuts. There's stuff from South Africa, Ethiopia, Cambodia, Turkey, Hungary, India, Eastern Europe and Russia, Brazil and Mexico, mostly rock-ish and funk-ish. Hope you like it
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

Lux, are you looking for a long ass mp3 mix, or just a typical 80 minute cd-r type mix?

I'm gonna leave a message for myself at home so I remember to look for one when I get off of work.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

NovaLux

Post by NovaLux »

Just CD-R length please Hobo.

I forgot to mention that most of this drive will be through no-radio country, so the need for good music is even more dire.

You all are so sweet for doing this. I'll report when I get back on what I was feeling and what not.