ZAPPA

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

marinville

Post by marinville »

frank zappa - 200 motels - (1971)

disc 1
1. Semi-Fraudulent/Direct-From-Hollywood Overture
2. Mystery Roach
3. Dance of the Rock & Roll Interviewers
4. This Town Is a Sealed Tuna Sandwich (Prologue)
5. Tuna Fish Promenade
6. Dance of the Just Plain Folks
7. This Town Is a Sealed Tuna Sandwich (Reprise)
8. The Sealed Tuna Bolero
9. Lonesome Cowboy Burt
10. Touring Can Make You Crazy
11. Would You Like a Snack?
12. Redneck Eats
13. Centerville
14. She Painted up Her Face
15. Janet's Big Dance Number
16. Half a Dozen Provocative Squats
17. Mysterioso
18. Shove It Right In
19. Lucy's Seduction of a Bored Violinist & Postlude

disc 2
1. I'm Stealing the Towels
2. Dental Hygiene Dilemma
3. Does This Kind of Life Look Interesting to You?
4. Daddy, Daddy, Daddy
5. Penis Dimension
6. What Will This Evening Bring Me This Morning
7. A Nun Suit Painted on Some Old Boxes
8. Magic Fingers
9. Motorhead's Midnight Ranch
10. Dew on the Newts We Got
11. The Lad Searches the Night for His Newts
12. The Girl Wants to Fix Him Some Broth
13. The Girl's Dream
14. Little Green Scratchy Sweaters & Corduroy Ponce
15. Strictly Genteel (The Finale)
16. Coming Soon! [Cut 1]
17. The Wide Screen [Cut 2]
18. Coming Soon! [Cut 3]
19. Frank Zappa's 200 Motels [Cut 4]
20. Magic Fingers [Single Edit]

Code: Select all

http://www.zshare.net/download/553020884393176c/
The soundtrack to Frank Zappa's strange early-'70s film 200 Motels was always doomed to be a peripheral entry in his discography. The movie's story was not easy to follow, and neither is the record (not that plot was ever a big focus of the production). It's typically wacky Zappa of the era, with unpredictable sharp turns between crunchy rock bombast, orchestration, and jazz/classical influences, as well as interjections of wacky spoken dialogue. Those who like his late-'60s/early-'70s work -- not as song-oriented as his first albums, in other words, but not as "serious" or as silly as his later records -- will probably like this fine, although it's not up to the level of Uncle Meat. It's funny in spots as well, especially the part where a disgruntled sideman gets tempted away from the band to do his own thing (a libretto that was, apparently, based on real-life incidents concerning Zappa sideman Jeff Simmons, who left during the project). On the other hand, there's a growing tendency to deploy the smutty, cheap humor that would soon dominate much of Zappa's work. Originally released in 1971, this didn't make it onto CD until 1997, in a two-disc package that included a bit of bonus material, although this was merely four promotional radio spots for the film and the single edit of "Magic Fingers."

marinville

Post by marinville »

thats all I got folks. hope you enjoy 'em.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

Zappa is a genius. I found a torrent with the entire discography if anyone is interested. There are some pretty hilarious zappa interviews floating around YouTube I watched recently. Good stuff.

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

I appreciate the effort, marinville. Very good stuff. Props and stunts and bruce willis and all that.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

thread is ridiculous.
cheers

DLG

Post by DLG »

no Joe's Garage?

easily my favorite.

marinville

Post by marinville »

I actually dont have, and have never heard, either of the joe's garage records. you are welcome to post them if you have them.

ric

Post by ric »

im also overhwelmed. thanks

Big Lurk

Post by Big Lurk »

[quote="marinville"]Image
frank zappa & the mothers - one size fits all (1975)

1. Inca Roads
2. Can't Afford No Shoes
3. Sofa No. 1
4. Po-Jama People
1. Florentine Pogen
2. Evelyn, a Modified Dog
3. San Ber'dino
4. Andy
5. Sofa No. 2

http://www.mediafire.com/?zrtzynaxrzg
[quote]Released soon after the live Roxy & Elsewhere, One Size Fits All contained more of the material premiered during the 1973-1974 tour, but this time largely re-recorded in the studio. The band remains the same: George Duke, Napoleon Murphy Brock, Chester Thompson, Tom Fowler, and Ruth Underwood. Johnny "Guitar" Watson overdubbed some vocals and Captain Beefheart (credited as Bloodshot Rollin' Red) played some harmonica ("when present," state the liner notes). The previous album focused on complex music suites. This one is more song-oriented, alternating goofy rock songs with more challenging numbers in an attempt to find a juste milieu between Over-Nite Sensation and Roxy & Elsewhere. "Inca Roads," "Florentine Pogen," "Andy," and "Sofa" all became classic tracks and live favorites. These are as close to progressive rock (a demented, clownish kind) Zappa ever got. The obscurity of their subjects, especially the flying saucer topic of "Inca Roads," seem to spoof prog rock clich
soon jesus will come and we will all clap
and to the devil we say brap brap brap

House of Games

Post by House of Games »

damn every link is done for,, any possible chance of a re-up???

Mercuthio

Post by Mercuthio »

oh shoot. Didn't see this before... damn.

I know it's a lot of work, but... eh... Re-up the links...? :gyeah:

mysterio

Post by mysterio »

marinville wrote:Image
Frank Zappa - Hot Rats (1969)

1. Peaches en Regalia
2. Willie the Pimp
3. Son of Mr. Green Genes
4. Little Umbrellas
5. The Gumbo Variations
6. It Must Be a Camel

http://www.zshare.net/download/55224034fdc56fee/
Aside from the experimental side project Lumpy Gravy, Hot Rats was the first album Frank Zappa recorded as a solo artist sans the Mothers, though he continued to employ previous musical collaborators, most notably multi-instrumentalist Ian Underwood. Other than another side project ג€” the doo wop tribute Cruising With Ruben and the Jets ג€” Hot Rats was also the first time Zappa focused his efforts in one general area, namely jazz-rock. The result is a classic of the genre. Hot Rats' genius lies in the way it fuses the compositional sophistication of jazz with rock's down-and-dirty attitude ג€” there's a real looseness and grit to the three lengthy jams, and a surprising, wry elegance to the three shorter, tightly arranged numbers (particularly the sumptuous "Peaches en Regalia"). Perhaps the biggest revelation isn't the straightforward presentation, or the intricately shifting instrumental voices in Zappa's arrangements ג€” it's his own virtuosity on the electric guitar, recorded during extended improvisational workouts for the first time here. His wonderfully scuzzy, distorted tone is an especially good fit on "Willie the Pimp," with its greasy blues riffs and guest vocalist Captain Beefheart's Howlin' Wolf theatrics. Elsewhere, his skill as a melodist was in full flower, whether dominating an entire piece or providing a memorable theme as a jumping-off point. In addition to Underwood, the backing band featured contributions from Jean-Luc Ponty, Lowell George, and Don "Sugarcane" Harris, among others; still, Zappa is unquestionably the star of the show. Hot Rats still sizzles; few albums originating on the rock side of jazz-rock fusion flowed so freely between both sides of the equation, or achieved such unwavering excitement and energy.
by the way, this is the cd re-issue version. meaning:
In 1987 Zappa remixed Hot Rats for re-issue on compact disc. This caused some conflict between fans who preferred the original 1969 mix on the LP versus those who preferred the remix version. "Willie the Pimp" is edited differently during the introduction and guitar solo. "The Gumbo Variations" has 4 minutes of additional material including an introduction and guitar and saxophone solo sections which were cut from the vinyl. Other differences in the 2 mixes include added piano and flute on "Little Umbrellas" and significant changes to the overall ambiance and dynamic range.
Dope album. Don't know about that re-issue - make mine vinyl

arlene
Crazy Alice

Post by arlene »

can anyone up fillmore east 1971?

IsleOfWhites

Post by IsleOfWhites »

House of Games wrote:damn every link is done for,, any possible chance of a re-up???
drizzle wrote: if you showed this kind of excellent timing and gif selection every time nobody would ever give you shit

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Where's the best place to start with Zappa? Only one of these i've ever heard is Hot Rats.

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

Man Im about to download all of this for my dad as a late christmas present

Thanks