MSTRKRFT - FIST OF GOD (2009)

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

Bones

MSTRKRFT - FIST OF GOD (2009)

Post by Bones »

this leaked hellla early, i did not really like their first album, but this new one is way better, and weird album cover

the ghostface song is real nice

album info http://blog.muchmusic.com/mstrkrft-fist-of-god-artwork/

coldwatermusic

Post by coldwatermusic »

I posted my reaction to this in the Electro thread. This album is everything that went wrong with New Rave/Blog House/Hooligan Disco or whatever the fuck you want to call it.

JFK stated that this was an attempt to win over the people that usually don't listen to electronic dance music. They might even achieve this but Fist of God is one of the most self-indulgent and uninspired electronic albums that have dropped in this millenium. The synths all sound the same. This is the definition of soulless music. I liked Bounce when it leaked last year, mainly due to Nore's hilariousness but all these Hip Hop collabs now sound contrived as hell. Fuck Steve Aoki.

And this is coming from somebody that loved most of the "new electro" albums that have dropped, from Justice to Boys Noize, Simian Mobile Disco and Digitalism.

Rant over.

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

Post by GM Dizzy Skillespie »

coldwatermusic wrote:I posted my reaction to this in the Electro thread. This album is everything that went wrong with New Rave/Blog House/Hooligan Disco or whatever the fuck you want to call it.

JFK stated that this was an attempt to win over the people that usually don't listen to electronic dance music. They might even achieve this but Fist of God is one of the most self-indulgent and uninspired electronic albums that have dropped in this millenium. The synths all sound the same. This is the definition of soulless music. I liked Bounce when it leaked last year, mainly due to Nore's hilariousness but all these Hip Hop collabs now sound contrived as hell. Fuck Steve Aoki.

And this is coming from somebody that loved most of the "new electro" albums that have dropped, from Justice to Boys Noize, Simian Mobile Disco and Digitalism.

Rant over.
rant warranted.
I haven't heard this album, but I'm not surprised. MSTRKFRT's first album was just daft punk-lite.
I didn't have much hope that they would do anything original the second time around.

reevolution

Post by reevolution »

total crap (without a stick).

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

damn.

well, at least my homegirl Isis is on it, on the song with Noreaga.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SeanieCameras

Post by SeanieCameras »

Can someone up it?