Lightning Bolt

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

b0mbs_of_death

Lightning Bolt

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

Band is hard to classify. Bass and drums, cept the bass player uses a 5 string bass with a ukulele string. Very noisy stuff. I love half the songs I hear, the other half sounds like blender poo.

Here is the newest, tell me what you think.

Code: Select all

http://www.mediafire.com/?nn0wm2emm3z

barknee

Post by barknee »

never really given the recorded stuff much of a listen but have had a lot of fun seeing them live over their years. their refusal to ever actually play on the proper stage means they're always a novelty if nothing else.
ImageImageImage

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XmEHu-QAgNE&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XmEHu-QAgNE&hl ... 2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

wizeguy

Post by wizeguy »

These guys rule. I love all their records, but I think their best stuff is performance on the John Peel Show. Thanks for the link. I had no idea they had a new album out.

SeanieCameras

Post by SeanieCameras »

barknee wrote:never really given the recorded stuff much of a listen but have had a lot of fun seeing them live over their years. their refusal to ever actually play on the proper stage means they're always a novelty if nothing else.
I interviewed 2009-Pitchfork-media-darling Marnie Stern a few months ago, and she kept saying how heavily influenced she was by bands, like Hella, Lightning Bolt, friends like, Gang Gang Dance...Going back, and checking these bands out, they are heavily percussive, and math-scaled-oriented, but hard to get into on record...I agree with the above statement, I downloaded all their albums(even live stuff) and deleted all of it...But, I would definitely be down to see them live...Same with Marnie, I recorded the show, listening to her cd, and couldn't get into, but the live show was on point...

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Lightning Bolt are interesting and have a couple songs that I enjoy but listening to them for more than 5 minutes is tedious and longer than 10 minutes is boarderline torture.

And this is is someone who has heard some very weird and extreme shit before.

I give them big points for originality, though. They beat to piss so many of these "extreme" noise/IDM/metalcore bands.