Can we all agree that Paul McCartney is a cockend?

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

Money Gripp

Can we all agree that Paul McCartney is a cockend?

Post by Money Gripp »

Regardless of what you think of The Beatles, I think we can all agree on this point.

Yeah, I know he's talented - like a more British and less brilliant Brian Wilson.

At this point in my life, I'm coming around to the fact that George was the coolest. A good guy and the most sympathetic character,.

Lennon was brilliant but not the greatest musical genius ever! (as die hard Beatles fans would have you believe)

Ringo was an alcoholic and is up there with greats like Gene Simmons in the highest pussy-to-ugliness ratio.

But Paul is just an overrated, smug, pretensious cockend. Not a very good live performer either, sans the Beatles.

Discuss.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Paul might be smug but he is responsible for some of the greatest song writing ever. He is one of (probably the) most successful composer ever. Doesn't he get a pass the same way David Bowie, Michael Jackson (mid 80s - early 90s) or just about any superstar does?

He has a good sense of humor about himself and I think the way he handled his whole divorce was classy. He didn't have to drop a billion on Heather Mills but he can so he did. Maybe a Peta ad he did or something offended you but Paul isn't a cat you worthy of hate.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

post beatles lennon might be the most overrated and hypocritical artist ever. sure he had a handful of good song but the lionshare sucked.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Philaflava wrote:Maybe a Peta ad he did or something offended you but Paul isn't a cat you worthy of hate.
:larry:

I used to be a vegetrian. And what does that have to do with anything?

Anyway - never really felt he was as talented as many other songwriters of his generation. He ranks well below Brian Wilson, Dylan, and Richards.

perabigail

Re: Can we all agree that Paul McCartney is a cockend?

Post by perabigail »

Money Gripp wrote: Not a very good live performer either, sans the Beatles.
you must be joking. do you really feel this way?

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

perabigail wrote:
I'm sure our definitions of what constitutes a truly great live performer are different, but I never was "electrified" or "spellbound" or whatever adjective you would use to describe a great live performer by Paulie.

He's second-class.

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

Money Gripp wrote:
perabigail wrote:
I'm sure our definitions of what constitutes a truly great live performer are different, but I never was "electrified" or "spellbound" or whatever adjective you would use to describe a great live performer by Paulie.

He's second-class.
wow. when did you see him?

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

perabigail wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:
perabigail wrote:

He's second-class.
Oh, I'm going by live performances I've seen on TV, video, what have you.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

perabigail wrote:
Well, they stopped touring in '66, and their live bootlegs up to that point are nothing to speak of because screaming females kinda make that shit unlistenable, so you can't really get a feel for Paul's ability as a live performer. The only exception is the Rooftop Concert from '69, which is aight, but moreso for Lennon.

I guess you're referring to his solo material, which I'm not trying to hear.

In any event, you don't have to see him in person to gauge how good of a live performer he is with all of the bootlegs that are in circulation. There are probably thousands if we're talking post-1970 Paul McCartney.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

i haven't listened to a lot of his boots, but i saw him in april and it was probably the most epic performance i've ever seen. i'm not a huge mccartney fan,and i can't say i disagree with the rest of what you said really, but his live show blew me away.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

he's the best beatle

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

The computer technician at my college was a freelance photographer And he once 'papped' Paul Macca on his farm in (I think) Kent. He crept round the back of his house, and Macca spotted him and ran out and punched him in the head. He's a pretty big fella, according to the computer technician, and he nearly laid him out. Pretty funny.

He has made some fucking awful solo records and I reckon he earns the cockend title on the strength of Frog Chorus alone. Don't know who in their right mind would go and see him live. Kind of gig where you'd have to sit, couldn't talk, and be full of middle aged couples wearing matching 'Starlight Express' sweatshirts clockwatching incase they miss the last train home.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

He's like Kanye - he gives a great show but he is so FUCKING annoying.

Fuzzy Logic

Post by Fuzzy Logic »

I definately hate Paul

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

:icedit:

Mike BLAOWery

Post by Mike BLAOWery »

HomeSkillet wrote:He's like Kanye - he gives a great show but he is so FUCKING annoying.
i can cosign this.

the man is a legend. puts on an awesome live show (disagree with Gripp) and dude's music is tremendous.

but i can't stand the guy.

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

isn't "She Said She Said" the only Beatles song Paul didn't have any part in? And that's a hell of a song. Makes you wonder...
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

Dunnnnleavy wrote:isn't "She Said She Said" the only Beatles song Paul didn't have any part in? And that's a hell of a song. Makes you wonder...
no, it doesn't.

marinville

Post by marinville »

I definitely prefer Paul's songs to John's.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Y@k Bollocks wrote:The computer technician at my college was a freelance photographer And he once 'papped' Paul Macca on his farm in (I think) Kent. He crept round the back of his house, and Macca spotted him and ran out and punched him in the head. He's a pretty big fella, according to the computer technician, and he nearly laid him out. Pretty funny.
I like him a little more now.

PAUL MACCA! :lol:

SilverWHK

Post by SilverWHK »

Paul is my least favourite. Sure he is talented but he is a total square.

Paul was a dick. John was a harsh cunt. Ringo just chilled. George was the best.

Irons Kill Lions

Post by Irons Kill Lions »

Paul was always my least favorite Beatle. The best was probably George, but then I used to know his son when I was a kid - went to his house and shit...

Anyway, it's well known that Paul actually died a long time ago -

http://www.turnmeondeadman.com/index.ph ... 3&Itemid=9

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Paul was the best beatle, the best song writer of the two, and the best live performer. He is the most pretentious and the biggest asshole. BUT John gets sympathy because of the way he went out, but the bullshit he pulled on the YOKO Plastic whatever fucking band talking shit about the beatles was horse shit...PLUS he makes common and andre look like sane non pussy chasing individuals in comparison.... What a faggot the way he tripped over Yoko, saying she was the 5th beatle and shit whenever NO WIVES OR GIRLFRIENDS were ever allowed access to recording sessions etc... The beatles were the best band ever, Mcartney Lennon was the best song writing duo ever, but Paul was most responsible... they really needed their manager to stay alive to guide they way....They might have still been making great music into the 90's because we got robbed having to listen to the rolling stones and aerosmith...

The Iron Sheik
Loves Watching Lean On Me

Post by The Iron Sheik »

i agree that paul is seemingly a real prick

but i think it's foolish to front on his songwriting

he's obviously a master of the form

and those who aren't checking for his solo shit should give both ram and mccartney II a chance

SilverWHK

Post by SilverWHK »

Ram is awesome. Just had to say that.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

SilverWHK wrote:Ram is awesome. Just had to say that.
:cheers: to you & rollie

BlingRhames

Post by BlingRhames »

The Iron Sheik wrote:i agree that paul is seemingly a real prick

but i think it's foolish to front on his songwriting

he's obviously a master of the form

and those who aren't checking for his solo shit should give both ram and mccartney II a chance
WORD.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zdTs-iLBKME&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zdTs-iLBKME&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Sebastian gets busy wrote:look there is still a chANCE THIS WAS A GIRL