D'Angelo's take on "Black Hole Sun"

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

D'Angelo's take on "Black Hole Sun"

Post by Employee »

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

<object height="81" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="https://player.soundcloud.com/player.sw ... 3"></param> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="https://player.soundcloud.com/player.sw ... 2F32187613" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object>D'Angelo - Black Hole Sun (Demo)

Hell fucking yes.

:icedit: "From 8 years ago" ...:owens:

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Wtf. That was horrible.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

wow that was trash

fortuna

Post by fortuna »

Dunno what to think about this cover

it's an old song though:

Longtime D'Angelo collaborator Questlove of The Roots, who has been instrumental in the 'How Does It Feel' singer's impending return, has set the record straight regarding the cover, which apparently is an old demo that will not be making the final cut of the album.

"My statement on Black Hole Sun: its a demo from like 8 trs ago done in his crib in Va. Its NOT on the album (I did NOT leak) [sic]," Quest tweeted.

While the spaced-out, funky cover may never officially see release, Quest also revealed that the neo-soul king is finally almost finished with his as-yet-untitled comeback album, which has been over twelve years in the making.

"He's in the home-stretch right now. I know that Fred Wesley and the JB Horns just did a cut that Q-Tip did; I know he's doing his vocals right now," Quest told Billboard.

D'Angelo is currently preparing to embark on an "intimate" European tour from Jan. 26 through Feb. 3, with dates in Stockholm, Copenhagen, Paris, Amsterdam and London

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

fortuna wrote:it's an old song though:
Longtime D'Angelo collaborator Questlove of The Roots, who has been instrumental in the 'How Does It Feel' singer's impending return, has set the record straight regarding the cover, which apparently is an old demo that will not be making the final cut of the album.

"My statement on Black Hole Sun: its a demo from like 8 trs ago done in his crib in Va. Its NOT on the album (I did NOT leak) [sic]," Quest tweeted.

While the spaced-out, funky cover may never officially see release, Quest also revealed that the neo-soul king is finally almost finished with his as-yet-untitled comeback album, which has been over twelve years in the making.

"He's in the home-stretch right now. I know that Fred Wesley and the JB Horns just did a cut that Q-Tip did; I know he's doing his vocals right now," Quest told Billboard.

D'Angelo is currently preparing to embark on an "intimate" European tour from Jan. 26 through Feb. 3, with dates in Stockholm, Copenhagen, Paris, Amsterdam and London
^^^Great news.

"Horrible", "Trash"...word? Is it because its a cover?

Before anything gets twisted Im not saying saying any superlative shit about the demo myself either...just surprised it got the negative reaction that it did.

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

Moolah wrote:Wtf. That was horrible.
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

nickwoj

Post by nickwoj »

dude always has the illest snares