The Hardcore & Punk Thread

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

Peter Mangalore is one unadulterated thrashing extreme hardcore with nods to the harshness of grindcore, the crushing feel of MITB and the frenzy of Spazz. This is fucking powerviolence whether you like it, Or fucking not! Released on Deep Six. 8 songs, 5 mins. FUCK YEAH, kick to the balls!

http://www.mediafire.com/?zafotgxbz4j
Peter Mangalore - Decay of the Iron mna 5 inch

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Masked Terror #1 wrote:Anyone know why Merauder spells their name wrong? Seems like it might have been unintentional.
Either that or if point it out to them you end up floating face down in the Hudson River.

nickwoj

Post by nickwoj »

Masked Terror #1 wrote:Had high hopes for the Merauder/Eddie Sutton demo, but it just sounds really corny to me. Glad it didn't work out so I can maintain my relatively high opinion of Eddie based solely on the first Leeway album (I pretend the others don't exist).

Anyone know why Merauder spells their name wrong? Seems like it might have been unintentional.
u crazy nikka. that shit is my favorite ever
and desperate measures is the best leeway album and i even like open mouth kiss more but i know that's an unpopular opinion

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

It had to come to this, yes i know
now its time to confront man,
what I've always combed through.
To releases what has been held back
in a strong hair-tie.
It's time to reach deep inside
and cut away the lie on my head.

3 words come to mind- shaved till death
Yeah, and you wont see me ashamed - scalp of strength
The drought comes through, claimed my hair.
The crop is dead, the field lies bare.

It's time to face up to reality.
Fuck looking like a god-damn hippie.
Hardcore for life. true to the scene.

SCALP OF STRENGTH (X3)

I know myself better than anyone
yeah anyone,
and it's a season of moving on.

Masked Terror #1

Post by Masked Terror #1 »

nickwoj wrote:desperate measures is the best leeway album
I didn't know it was possible to have this opinion.

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

nickwoj wrote:]desperate measures is the best leeway album
:bunk:

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

Masked Terror #1 wrote:Since we're in a Cleveland state of mind, how about a little Ringworm?

One of the few bands to maintain a "true" hardcore sound throughout the 90s and into the 2000s. Saw them live like 10 years ago and was pretty impressed.

Birth Is Pain

Track List:

01. The Sickness
02. Take Back Whats Ours
03. Birth Is Pain
04. Madness Of War
05. Amputee
06. Dollar Whore
07. Self- Destruct
08. Endless Cycles
09. Again And Again
10. I Can See
11. Wallow

Bugs me when HC album covers aren't big, bold fonts with pictures of the singer screaming/kids moshing on them.

Would also prefer that the only possible topics be the importance of friendship, the sting of betrayal, a call for unity within the scene, calling out those who are poisoning the scene from within, anger at cops/religious leaders/white supremacists and the evils of drugs/alcohol/tobacco/meat.
This file is currently set to private. If this problem persists or you need further assistance, contact support. :ironmike:

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

INFEST flood on its way. I'm trying to get EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING. Stay tuned...

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

figured Id go ahead and drop my favorite Hardcore album of all time down tonight. This is a Top 5 all time band for me and its been that way since the early 90s. I would definitely say they lord over all other Power Violence bands. They were unmatched bay any other hardcore band ever. I couldnt say enough great things about this band if I tried. I foloowed them on otur back after this album dropped and they wrote a song for us on their follow-up album called Sword Of The Lord. This is blistering hardcore but with a skate-core attitude and the most rediculous but best lyrics in hardcore ever. Most of their songs dealt with inside jokes or poking fun at certain cliques in the 90s hardcore scene but the music is all fierce and even on occasion experimental but to extremely awesome results. They make banjos and kazoos appear hardcore? This album even features Kool Keith on a track. This is THE one defunct hardcore band that i would have liked to have seen what they would have become today. Chris Dodge ran the Slap A Ham Label and was pretty much the president of power violence and the bassist in this band. Max Ward still plays HC and runs his own label 625 Hardcore and the guitarist Kung Fu Dan is now a hiphop beatmaker Dj Eons One.
Spazz - La Revancha
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?24r8q2d9cgy

please dont sleep on this album because its one of the most awesome things ever. :bow: :ohsh:

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

Money Gripp wrote:INFEST flood on its way. I'm trying to get EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING. Stay tuned...
:bow: even though i have most of it. You, me, a shitload of caffeine and an unlimited supply of Power Violence and Fastcore equals :copy:

Masked Terror #1

catfish hunter wrote:This file is currently set to private.
Fixed. Enjoy.

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

I'm lookin for the band urine specimen anygot it? Or mushroom attack?(New fleas n lice) I got tons of crust punk on wax

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

AXEWOUNDFISTER wrote:I'm lookin for the band urine specimen anygot it? Or mushroom attack?(New fleas n lice) I got tons of crust punk on wax
UP THE CRUST! :cheers:

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

What bands u like?

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

AXEWOUNDFISTER wrote:What bands u like?
His Hero Is Gone, Man Is The Bastard, Spazz, Tragedy, Eyehategod etc..

If you mean Crust. Shit like DESTROY, Assrash, State Of Fear, Hellkontrol, Dropdead, The Pissed, Misery...pretty much whatever you like I love.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

heres some straight up wigger core for MT1. Represent Money. I know how much you like a good slightly cocked (no homo) and tilted yankee brim and windpants with your Thugcore.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F4JSX98W

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

What I have that I can remember is

Resist and exist
Mankind
Dirt
Anti product
Anti shichsm
A//policial
Disrurpt
Misery
Honeybane
Conflict
Riot clone
Rudmentry peni
Discharge
Aus rotten
Anti sect
Zounds

And many more that's not on my mind

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

This is one of my favorite bands. Primitive and crusty hardcore. Imagine If Eyehategod sped it up a notch but remained as filthy. Imagine if Black Flag or Discharge had been left to starve in the back alleys of the 3rd Ward New Orleans. Dares vocals remind me of a pissed off street preacher high on gunpowder and bone spores.Garys riffs are minimal knuckle draggers primed as riot starters. It just doesnt get any better for this if you want the true essence of Southern Fried Hardcore. They have played more gigs than any of your favorite bands and destroy twice as hard live. The images of vocalist Mike Dares turning flips on stage and landing on his back will brun your fucking eyes out. One of the best live shows in the south for serious dawgs.

http://lix.in/04c49dab

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

THE INFEST FLOOD HAS ARRIVED AFTER MUCH BLOOD, SWEAT (BUT NO TEARS)!!!

http://oscillationsmusic.blogspot.com/

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

Dude thanks for the Infest post. Been into these guys for a good 12 years or so and there are a few things in the flood Ive never owned.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :bow:

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

catfish hunter wrote:Dude thanks for the Infest post. Been into these guys for a good 12 years or so and there are a few things in the flood Ive never owned.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :bow:
Yeah, I came upon a couple things that I had never heard in my search. :cheers:

The scary thing with INFEST was that they put out that No Man's Slave album in 2002 and it's arguably the best thing they ever did. Kinda like Poison Idea they just kept getting better which is really rare for a hardcore/punk band.

I was really hoping they would do a reunion but I also was kind of scared at the prospect - I mean, what would you do during an INFEST show? I think I'd have to smoke crack and then during the mosh part of "Judge Me" attack people with a hammer. I'd be losing my mind.

Another weird thing with INFEST is how little is known about them despite how influential they were. I've only read one interview with them and it was from '89 and was only like 10 questions long. There has never been a legit discography, hence why they've been bootlegged 10,000 times.

And another - they continued practicing during the time between Mankind and No Man's Slave but didn't play any shows. :naswtf:

As far as we know they might still be practicing. I've been tempted in the past to try to get in touch with them and ask them "what would it take to get you guys to come to the East Coast and play some shows?" but I don't have the initiative or the connects. But I still think about it...

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

thats the thing about power violence/fast core bands in general is that for the most part they are such a mystery/enigma. Most of the bands I really dig have such little recorded history and were usually only interviewed in very small and long out of print fanzines. I find things here and there on the internet which I appreciate but never enough to quench the thirst. I think the mystique is one of the things that I really enjoy about these bands. The 90s underground hardcore that was carried by Sound Pollution Distribution and covered in zines like Heartattack is one of my passions.

I wish I had a scanner because Max Ward (625 Hardcore/Spazz/Scholastic Death etc..) and I made friends way back and he was such a cool dude that he would always respond by handwritten postal mail to my teenage ramblin fanmail. Every letter I wrote would be corresponded with him sending me a care package full of random reprints of flyers from his collection, stickers, and 7 inch records for free.

On my wall behind me right now I have ancient 924 Gillman flyers from Dystopia, Charles Bronson, Spazz, Agents of Satan, Noothgrush etc...These are things in my collection I will forever keep.

cant wait to check out some of this Infest. My computer is on the verge of crashing right now and addled by pop ups etc...FUCK.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HL5fu_PzTwU&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HL5fu_PzTwU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Last edited by catfish hunter on Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

catfish hunter wrote:thats the thing about power violence/fast core bands in general is that for the most part they are such a mystery/enigma. Most of the bands I really dig have such little recorded history and were usually only interviewed in very small and long out of print fanzines. I find things here and there on the internet which I appreciate but never enough to quench the thirst. I think the mystique is one of the things that I really enjoy about these bands. The 90s underground hardcore that was carried by Sound Pollution Distribution and covered in zines like Heartattack is one of my passions.

I wish I had a scanner because Max Ward (625 Hardcore/Spazz/Scholastic Death etc..) and I made friends way back and he was such a cool dude that he would always respond by handwritten postal mail to my teenage ramblin fanmail. Every letter I wrote would be corresponded with him sending me a care package full of random reprints of flyers from his collection, stickers, and 7 inch records for free.
Max is a stand-up guy. I saw Spazz in like '95 at some VFW hall. I had never heard of them before and at the time I was full-on straight edge kid. They burst into "Stabbed in the Back" by YOT and me and my friends went ape shit and moshed the hell out of all these bewildered crust punks. I've been a Spazz fan ever since.

I have a ton of old zines a retired hardcore kid gave me - old Heart AttaCks, Hardwares, MRR's. All kinds of shit. If I ever stop being lazy I'm gonna scan 'em and put 'em up on my blog.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

thats awesome dude. I met the Spazz dudes on their La Revancha tour and followed them for a week on my spring break back in 96 i think. They were mad chill dudes and righteously bro'd down with me and the From Ashes Rise dudes most of that week. We took them to a small church down the street from the FAR dudes house in Murfreesboro Tennessee and we skated the stairs out front and all took pisses on the front doors. The song Sword Of The Lord on the Crush Kill Destroy album is about that night. I have nothing but good things to say about them dudes and between their music and their awesome lyrics they were just the perfect band of that time for me.

I still have a small cache of old zines stashed under my bed but I would damn near trade hardcore handjobs for all the old zines i had and lost. I hope you get a chance to scan some of those one day and Id definitely be interested in studying all of them now with the same dedication I did when I was 15. :lol:

Masked Terror #1

Where to begin with Infest?

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Masked Terror #1 wrote:Where to begin with Infest?
I would download No Man's Slave first.

I think it's the best thing they've ever done even though it came out 15 years after their formation. They're hitting on all cylinders. Every song is a winner. They mix up the super-fast parts and heavy-ass breakdowns perfectly. To me it's the pinnacle of that style of hardcore - super-fast, heavily distorted bass, machine-gun rapid-fire drumming - what people often call "power violence" (I've never really liked that term). And the last song is an epic hardcore dirge that is right up there with the Cro-Mag's "Malfunction", AF's "With Time", and SSD's "Police Beat".

Download that and work backwards from there.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

to keep the Power Violence train rolling here the Crossed Out Discography

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1w1y1cndtzm
fans of Infest and Spazz know the deal :bow:

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Nice! I used to have this on my old iPod that crapped out.

:cheers: John Broseph

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

I gotta go do a show tonight but tomorow while im at home and hungover I will upload some more PVHC. Ive got the Siege Discography and some more M.I.T.B as well as a few other jewelz.

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

What's next, Man is the Bastard? Disrupt? Drop Dead?

Thanks for the Crossed Out!