Mouth of the Architect - good cold weather music

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

Sucka Ducka

Mouth of the Architect - good cold weather music

Post by Sucka Ducka »

I was listening to this while falling on my ass all day and almost dying driving up and down the mountains today from Denver. The wind was insane and the snow blowing off the trees kept hitting me in the face. Icy cold and negative 4 degrees out. Wind chill factor was insane. Wrecks on the highway the whole way up. Awesome.

SAMPLES:
01 - baobab.mp3 - 14.43MB

02-mouth_of_the_architect-hate_and_heartache.mp3 - 12.52MB

Their album "The Ties That Bind" was the perfect soundtrack. I put up some samples, but I have a feeling that those on :phila: who listen to this kind of stuff already know about these guys anyways. Anybody seen these guys live?

Quietly (2008)
The Ties That Bind (2006)
Time and Withering (2004)
Mouth of the Architect is a sludge/doom metal/post-rock band from Dayton, Ohio, USA.

The band formed in 2003 with the lineup of Jason Watkins, Gregory Lahm, Dave Mann, Alex Vernon and Derik Sommer.
They released their first album ג€œTime & Witheringג€ in 2004 to positive reviews.

Soon after the band released a split with label mates Kenoma in 2006, their second album ג€œThe Ties That Blindג€ was released in August, and featured Brent Hinds of Mastodon on guest vocals on one track. To support ג€œThe Ties That Blindג€, the band toured extensively around the United States, first with These Arms Are Snakes in late 2006, then with 400 Blows and Unsane in May and June of 2007.

Rumors of a breakup circulated after Greg Lahm (vocals, guitar) left the band in September 2007, but the band re-formed with guitarist Alex Vernon.
They released their 3rd album ג€œQuietlyג€ on July 22nd 2008.

The current line-up consists of:
* Jason Watkins (vocals, keyboards, samples)
* Dave Mann (drums)
* Steve Brooks (guitar)
* Kevin Schindel (bass)

http://www.myspace.com/mouthofthearchitect

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Sounds dope - downloading now.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

yeah man love MOTA. My bass player is deep into post rock type shit.
We listen to alot of this in my circles. I really dig alot of the Pelican, Jesu, and shits like that.

I was trying to find you some YOB.

heres my friends Tanner, Micah, and Nate from Nashville band Across Tundras. This is one of my good cold weather bands. especially during the daylight.

http://www.myspace.com/acrosstundras

if you like what you hear let me know and ill upload a couple of their albums.

Their playing Kuma Doom Fest in Chicago this year which is BIG.

SeanieCameras

Post by SeanieCameras »

Y@k Bollocks wrote:Sounds dope - downloading now.
Damn, I used to go to school at Dayton when these guys were there, and I never heard of them...I even worked for the radio station on campus, and the concert board, not a peep... :larry:

SeanieCameras

Post by SeanieCameras »

So naturally, I'm downloading...

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

What is everybody thinking of this?

And Catfish, woudl definitely be down to check out your homies band, would love an upload.

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Not to sound unappreciative, but i'm not mad on the vocals if i'm totally honest.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

thats cool, have you heard much instrumental bands like this, like pelicans stuff?

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

Pelican was awesome around The Fire In Our Throats Will Beckon The Thaw but got kinda gay here lately.

Their whole we dont have a singer steez is cool but they make to big a deal out of it and i cant get down with the art fag audience they so desperately seek.

and Huss. Ill be uploading AT to this thread shortly. Fair warning though there are legions and legions of this post metal bands with the majestic shit going on. MOTA is one of the better groups in this style.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

heres the 2008 album from Across Tundras. A little folk. A little country. A little Metal. i dont know just download it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PALBV4ME

Sebastian gets busy
1/2 Ghey Encino Man

Post by Sebastian gets busy »

what is with internet music nerds and "cold weather music?"
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r9ADfEyh7PQ&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r9ADfEyh7PQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

WHO THE FUCK LET FUCKING SEABASS IN RICK RUBIN?

Sebastian gets busy
1/2 Ghey Encino Man

Post by Sebastian gets busy »

relax bub, im downloading this
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r9ADfEyh7PQ&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r9ADfEyh7PQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Snuggles the DESTROYER

Post by Snuggles the DESTROYER »

Sebastian gets busy wrote:what is with internet music nerds and "cold weather music?"
Just because you have an unhealthy obsession with music originating from parts of the world where there is no cold weather doesn't mean every mother fucker only wants to listen to music percussioned by people banging on their malnourished and swollen stomachs, accompanied by chants about revolution.

And no I don't give a fuck about the meteorological, sociological or geographical integrity of that comment.

Fuck You.

P.S. Good album. Not up on metal as much but reminds me of Between the Buried and Me and Cult of Luna.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Snuggles the DESTROYER wrote:
Sebastian gets busy wrote:what is with internet music nerds and "cold weather music?"
Just because you have an unhealthy obsession with music originating from parts of the world where there is no cold weather doesn't mean every mother fucker only wants to listen to music percussioned by people banging on their malnourished and swollen stomachs, accompanied by chants about revolution.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

DLG wrote:
Snuggles the DESTROYER wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

Great post by the destroyer. Classic material.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

MC Homeless

Post by MC Homeless »

this band makes me proud to be from ohio. music like this is definitely spawned from the cold ass winter.
"You gonna let a cheeseburger do that?" Yeah, I like to instigate

Kilgore786

Post by Kilgore786 »

Enjoyable...