The Metal Thread

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

Masked Terror #1

Post by Masked Terror #1 »

Dude plays all of Leviathan on piano, in one take, from memory-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 85KV5e6t-E

perfectprism

Post by perfectprism »

uh wow
the boy is the father to the man

perfectprism

Post by perfectprism »

I think I like Seabeast better on piano

DLG

Post by DLG »

perfectprism wrote:what's the best acid mother's temple album? they are playing near me soon
this is more of a question for the stoner/psych thread.

just go to the show and blaze up, not like they have catchy 3 minute songs you are going to sing along to :lol:

Also, new Meshuggah is of course earth shattering and better than everything else.

perfectprism

Post by perfectprism »

Yeah I wasn't really sure if I should put it in there..i don't care about singing along for some reason I just like being familiar with songs beforehand

i'm gonna see them at this place which basically looks like someone's basement so should be pretty :rockout:

DLG

Post by DLG »

yeah dude, even if you're not familiar with them it's going to be a pretty intense show. would love to see them in any incarnation.

blackaspirin

Post by blackaspirin »

Just discovered these guys, but love this "post-black metal" type shit.. Song as a whole is great.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/easr-7k4A88?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/easr-7k4A88?ve ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

^^listened a couple times..

pretty good i'm liking it better than the last one

production is massive

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

so what do people do for links to albums now that mediafire was shut down?

I want to hear the new Black Breath and High On Fire records but I dont know where to steal them from.

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

you can download Spotify, both albums are on there. Of course, that means you can't put it on your iPod and listen to it in your car.
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

perfectprism

Post by perfectprism »

Soulseek is still pretty legit, I've been using Piratebay a great deal lately too. New HOF is on Piratebay.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

mediafire got shut down?

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

anywhere online to watch that Pentagram documemtary?

DLG

Post by DLG »

new torche leaked. the russian on mediaboom.ru got it.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Hey catfish, I was reading my local free alternative weekly paper and they had a section about upcoming shows and one of them said it was being headlined by a band called Black Pussy. I got super psyched cuz i thought I might be getting a chance to tear up seattle with the homie but no, turns out to be some gay ass portland band. fucking stupid portland.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

odium-LSC wrote:Hey catfish, I was reading my local free alternative weekly paper and they had a section about upcoming shows and one of them said it was being headlined by a band called Black Pussy. I got super psyched cuz i thought I might be getting a chance to tear up seattle with the homie but no, turns out to be some gay ass portland band. fucking stupid portland.
FUCK that band. When I see them Im gonna get hostile. They pulled some serious bitch shit and threatened us with a lawyer, had our facebook deleted and youtube account suspended for copyright.

They found out about us and copyrighted the name 2 days AFTER they had attorney Peter Shaver send us a cease and desist.

we had to change the name to BLVCK PVSSY and im not happy about it in the least. they said that ALL of their fans were getting confused and we were misleading people to "like" our facebook page (which I didnt give a fuck for anyway).

We just decided to go further underground with shit and focus on playing. Were a live band anyway. I dont promote and its never done anything to help us. If we ever sign to a label ill let them handle that part because im fucking over it.

Fuck Portland and fuck that other band. Fuckboys. You should have went and poured a bottle of farts on their singer.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Mercuthio

Post by Mercuthio »

yes Yes Yeees YEES YEEEEESSSS YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

:pause:

track is all types of the best shit ever

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

catfish hunter wrote:
odium-LSC wrote:Hey catfish, I was reading my local free alternative weekly paper and they had a section about upcoming shows and one of them said it was being headlined by a band called Black Pussy. I got super psyched cuz i thought I might be getting a chance to tear up seattle with the homie but no, turns out to be some gay ass portland band. fucking stupid portland.
FUCK that band. When I see them Im gonna get hostile. They pulled some serious bitch shit and threatened us with a lawyer, had our facebook deleted and youtube account suspended for copyright.

They found out about us and copyrighted the name 2 days AFTER they had attorney Peter Shaver send us a cease and desist.

we had to change the name to BLVCK PVSSY and im not happy about it in the least. they said that ALL of their fans were getting confused and we were misleading people to "like" our facebook page (which I didnt give a fuck for anyway).

We just decided to go further underground with shit and focus on playing. Were a live band anyway. I dont promote and its never done anything to help us. If we ever sign to a label ill let them handle that part because im fucking over it.

Fuck Portland and fuck that other band. Fuckboys. You should have went and poured a bottle of farts on their singer.
Whoa. That settles it. Next time they play up here I'm throwing a cup of piss on the lead singer. Faggots.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0U6eM3jpON8?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0U6eM3jpON8?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

not even huge into cradle of filth but I love their maiden cover. Bonerz.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

odium-LSC wrote:
catfish hunter wrote:

Whoa. That settles it. Next time they play up here I'm throwing a cup of piss on the lead singer. Faggots.
yeah thats some serious faggot shit. Portland is cool but there is a lot of faggots there.

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

Upping this thread with a damn shitty note...

From Ulcerate's facebook page...

"We had our van broken into in New York last night at our accom. We've lost all our guitar gear (preamps, effects units), some drum equipment, stage banner and all of Svart Crown's merch was also ripped off. We're going to keep going but this is a fucking terrible start. We had phenomenal shows in Philadelphia and NYC last night so this is an absolute kick in the fucking teeth."

J Dub

Post by J Dub »

Haven't posted here in quite awhile. But just had a short, mildly interesting story from this weekend I figured I'd throw up here.

Went to see Watain in Detroit since they weren't at the chicago date for that decibel magazine tour and I had never seen them before. A friend of mine and I made the drive out there, got to the venue, watain played like two songs and bounced like almighty rockstars because there weren't enough people there.

We were pissed and also drunk as hell so we went to the side of the venue where they were loading out and called them out on it. The guitar player in the band, Pelle, tried first to make a bunch of excuses before eventually punking out like a bitch and then pretending he didn't speak english. This is all while we're surrounded by the band and about 10 of their roadies and nobody did shit. I guess i'm not surprised that they're all soft little black metal homos, but I expected a little more fight from a bunch of dudes who go around bragging about how they sacrifice dogs before shows and what not. Somewhat made the drive worth to find out that they're all pussies.

In short, fuck Watain.

J Dub

Post by J Dub »

Oh yeah, on an unrelated note. Ketzer's Endzeit metropolis is one of the best black metal albums (more on the thrashy side) that i've heard in a long time, will definitely post up a link for it sometime this week.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

i discovered these guys last night. i like what i hear.

http://voidforger.bandcamp.com/

J Dub

Post by J Dub »

Chrome Waves is a new band consisting of Jeff Wilson (Ex Nachtmystium, Wolvhammer) Bob Fouts (Ex-Gates of Slumber) and Stavros Giannopolous of The Atlas Moth on vocals.

I'm terrible at trying to describe this stuff but seriously if you dig any of the above bands you're gonna love this. Basically sounds like a combination of Assassins era Nachtmystium and the more melodic parts of the new Wolvhammer, I'm loving all these songs, especially the two posted below, EP comes out July 3rd.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kdxv72c8qWQ?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kdxv72c8qWQ?ve ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ma6jehlFOss?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ma6jehlFOss?ve ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

DLG

Post by DLG »

steeve hurdle from gorguts/negativa died :(

one of the most innovative guitar players of our time. gorguts - obscura changed the face of death metal forever. RIP

Mercuthio

Post by Mercuthio »

god motherfucking damnit.

that dude was a beast on teh geetar.

Fuckin sucks.

RIP

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

dude not to fag up this thread but can someone recommend some heavy ass shit that has somewhat clear vocals....its the older fuck in me that needs to be able to hear the shit but the young enough to say I dont want to stop listening to metal