The Metal Thread

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

b0mbs_of_death wrote:Here, have some brutality. Agoraphobic Nosebleed is grindcore with mostly electronic drums. Dude from Pig Destroyer is the only real member of this band.

Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Agorapocalypse

Code: Select all

http://www.mediafire.com/?4im3ndzul22
beat me to the punch. i listened to this today at work. pretty awesome. Also they got the chcik from Salome doing vocals on here too. I wish I had a copy of the lyrics.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Heaven and Hell!!!

http://rapidshare.com/files/219584210/H ... u.rar.html

the fact that Dio's voice sounds this awesome at the age of 114 is further proof that he is in fact a deity.

Post by 360 »

Just got Black Cascade from itunes because I'm lazy and crave instant gratification. Too band the lyrics don't come with it.

Upon first listen it's amazing. I realize my opinion might be biased because they are one of my favorite bands right now, but it still needs to be heard.

Masked Terror #1

Post by Masked Terror #1 »

360 wrote:Just got Black Cascade from itunes because I'm lazy and crave instant gratification.
Sorry to tell you you waited five weeks longer for your instant gratification than you had to.

http://philaflava.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=104844

Agree that the new album is awesome. Like the last one a little better, but I'm psyched to have new shit from them. Crystal Ammunition destroys. Would also be a great stripper/derby name.

Post by 360 »

Hell yes.

I don't mind being late. I'm glad I actually bought music for once and supported a band I dig.

The only thing I miss from the last album is the ingenious balance they created with the female vocalist. Also the super analogue sound but that is still a bit prevelant.

Post by 360 »

If you or anyone has the lyrics to the album, hook a spacey spic up.

Masked Terror #1

Watain by request for catfish.

Here's their latest and best, Sworn To The Dark.

These guys rule and destroy live, if you don't mind pig's blood.

Tracklist:
1. Legions of the Black Light
2. Satan's Hunger
3. Withershins
4. Storm of the Antichrist
5. Light That Burns the Sun
6. Sworn to the Dark
7. Underneath the Cenotaph
8. Serpent's Chalice
9. Darkness and Death
10. Dead But Dreaming
11. Stellarvore

Masked Terror #1

360 wrote:If you or anyone has the lyrics to the album, hook a spacey spic up.
southernlord.com wrote:Wolves In The Throne Room-Black Cascade CD

Post by 360 »

HAHA. Well than, I won't feel bad now when I get the lyrics wrong.

Also, can you up the Krallic album again? I'm trying to rebuild my music collection after the crash and I want to get the gems first.

Masked Terror #1

Krallice- Self Titled

1. Wretched Wisdom
2. Cnestorial
3. Molec Codicies
4. Timehusk
5. Energy Chasms
6. Forgiveness In Rot

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

thanks for Krallice and Watain :cheers:

Matt Muscle from Tirefire worships Waitain. He told me this story about when he caught them on otur how they had stopped along the way collecting fresh roadkill from the highway which they used to attack their audience with and they had him ejected from their show for being an asshole and slapping their fans with dead armadillo.
:lol:

METAL!

nickwoj

Post by nickwoj »

Post by 360 »

Good looks

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

Acid Witch - Witchtanic Hellucinations
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PCL7IG0C

rooski

Post by rooski »

catfish hunter wrote:Acid Witch - Witchtanic Hellucinations
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PCL7IG0C
This is the first album I ever downloaded from this site.

Masked Terror #1

Lord Mantis is a Chicago metal band that's about to drop their debut album in two weeks. I've never seen them live and have only heard one song on their MySpace, but I'm pretty psyched for the album.

If you like shit I like, check this out- http://www.myspace.com/lordmantis

In other Chicago metal news, Nachtmystium has a new EP dropping May 15th and probably leaking sooner. They have one song from it, Pitch Black Cadence, up on their MySpace. Sounds really good, as always. psyched.

Post by 360 »

Wooooh. That one song they have up is hard. I'm looking forward to more from them for sure.

Nachtmystium is dope. I need to reaquire their album.

Cursed computer explosions. I need to invest in an external hard drive.

Post by 360 »

Acid Witch is fucking awesome. Definately readding that. Love the sludge.

Masked Terror #1

Here's Nachtmystium's Assassins. I have lots more from them, but this is all that's in my mediafire account right now. One of their best.

Masked Terror #1

I don't remember where I first saw Book of Black Earth, but I walked away with the conclusion that they sucked.

As a result, I almost skipped them last night at the Withered/Hull show (both of whom were awesome, by the way).

Man am I glad I didn't. I don't know what was up with them/me last time I saw them, but they ruled last night.

Made me go back and revisit their album Horoskopus and guess what? It's really ill. I was sleeping hard.

Excellent blackened sludge with some thrashy leads from this Seattle outfit.

Between these guys, Kylesa, Gojira, Skeletonwitch and Withered, Prosthetic Records is really killing it right now.

Check it out.

1. 2160 2:34
2. Death Of The Sun 3:37
3. Total Control 3:25
4. Horoskripture 5:06
5. Cult Of Dagon 6:50
6. Funeral Of Peace 5:01
7. God Of War 4:01
8. The Darkest Age 5:51
9. From Heaven 6:03
10. The Great Year 3:51
11. Christ Pathogen 9:46

Post by 360 »

Good shit. Thanks for the ups, MT1. Always hooking it up. You are like a missionary spreading the dark gospel.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

man i really enjoyed Hull when they stopped by on tour to play with us at The Doom Room. Those guys were really awesome live and totally good dudes to boot. They stayed and hung out for like 2 days with us. I have a copy of Viking Funeral and its basically a one track 17 minute epic. I know they have a huge Mastodon influence but they manage somehow not to sound contrived and the triple guitar ala Iron Maiden attack was a real treat.

MT1 next time you see those dudes tell Nick or Carmine that I said hello. I have some funny pics of those dudes trying to get rad on my skateboard.

Masked Terror #1

Dudes, you need to check this out right away.

It's really, really good.

Reminds me of a more raw, dirtier Gojira.

Lord Mantis- Spawning The Nephilim

1. Push Tug Wipe
2. Unnatural Dwarfism
3. Lord Mantis
4. Spawning The Nephilim
5. Abducted By Aliens
6. Hit By A Bus
7. Zealot

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

leaving for this tommorow. should be an action packed night for me. I have no idea who the opening group Grayskull is? Never heard of them but the rest of the night should be insane. I know that there are four of us rolling down there in a big Nissan Titan truck and Gary from EHG is depending on us to bring him something secret. I will be in VIP trying to consume as many free beers as I can get my hands on. :cheers:

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

http://rapidshare.com/files/228117504/D ... ation-.rar
Modern doom heads will find satisfaction in tension-building closer ג€œA Depth Returnsג€ and though by its end Spirited Migration has already long since established the given Dark Castle sound, the six and a half minute confirmation will nonetheless be enjoyable to anyone whoג€™s gotten off on Rwake, Deadbird, Zoroaster or Godflesh records. Not bad for two people, and certainly a promising beginning for this Floridian duo. It feels like the kind of album that no matter what they do from here will be sought after in the coming years.-stonerrock.com

havent listened to this yet but will on my way down to the EHG/Sourvein show tonight. I seen all of the songs played live and they crush in that atmosphere. They tour relentlessly and hit pretty much every state three times a year it seems like, Be sure to check em out when they roll in your area.

lj

Post by lj »

now that the thread has taken a doom turn:
http://www.myspace.com/warningdoom

best trve doom i heard in the past 10 years.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

catfish hunter wrote:Image

leaving for this tommorow. should be an action packed night for me. I have no idea who the opening group Grayskull is? Never heard of them but the rest of the night should be insane. I know that there are four of us rolling down there in a big Nissan Titan truck and Gary from EHG is depending on us to bring him something secret. I will be in VIP trying to consume as many free beers as I can get my hands on. :cheers:
my head is throbbing and im probably too hungover at the moment to remember all the details of last night but I know it was the most fun Ive had going to a show in a minute. Im going to go over a few things for posterity.

We made it to The Bar in Fat City right around 10:30. Nothing special, rather grimey, but a nice walled corner to the side of the parking lot where most of the debauchery happened and I stayed at all night when not up front for the bands.
Our crew consisted of one drummer and two vocalists. The minute we arrived Panzer from Tirefire greets us with a 6 pack of Busch 16oz cans. We hung out with Panzer and Rudy for a minute and in that minute went from sober to highly buzzin before I ever walked in the door. I stopped briefly to talk to Bobby Paranoize and give him a couple bucks for the newest Paranoize fanzine. Its on my toilet but I havent cracked it open yet. Inside the building was packed and a layer of cigarette smoke so thick it could stop the swine flu swirled around. Went around and paid respects to all the EHG dudes and bought a few stickers from the merch table. Jimmy Bower tells us Sourvein couldnt make it. I love Sourvein and they are legends but they just cant seem to get it together. sucks. A Hanging was playing in their place. Sorta bummed went back outside to fuck off with Tirefire some more. Believe it or not one of the dudes from Tirefire has one of the most beautiful wives you have ever seen. We drank some Jim Beam from the bottle for awhile while the first band Grayskull played. They were horrible. One of those dudes has to be hooking Bower Power up with some kind of drug. About 2 seconds of their wannabe Down/Corrosion wanking off and I was over it.

Went back in the bar right as A Hanging was going on and this was to be my first time seeing them live. A Hanging is thrashy with some spazz out parts and in a way they remind me of Capitalist Casualties or maybe even Dropdead. Heres the thing. Vocalist for A Hanging is Alex. Alex is a female and she is smoking hot. Bleachy blonde hair, daisy duke shorts with Crustpunk patches on them, ripped in all the right places Kylesa gunsho t shirt, Slip on Vans and the horniest bedroom eyes you have ever seen. There is a metalhead or hardcore kid out there who wouldnt catch an instant semi or rager of of this girl. I have been talking to her at shows semi erect for awhile now. She stood up front during our set last time we played there a few weeks ago and afterward she and I talked band shit for an hour. Ive never felt so unfaithful to my girl before. :lol:
Anyways im gonna wipe the drool up and just say that A Hanging ripped it up and the three dudes are all excellent players as well. Loads of Energy coming from this band. Alex was also in a band called Shithammurd with 2 of the Black Tusk guys. Shes orginally from Savannah. Im definitely working on doing plenty of shows with AH. Awesome Band.
Next up is Eyehategod. In all honesty they may actually be tighter right now than they have ever been in the last 20 years.maybe not but they are dead on. Once they started their set with Peace Thru War it turned to Pandemonium. pure chaos. the way it should be. Rudy from Tirefire and I got right up front and were basically fighting for the rest of the night. They played everything you could want to hear from 99 Miles of Bad Road, to Serving Time In The Middle of Nowhere, Methamphetamine, Kill Your Boss, Sister Fucker 2, and because we kept calling for it they ended the set with White Nigger. Fucking perfect. They had some funny between song banter and brought out some black stripper/prostitute drug dealer covered in tatoos with a mouthful of gold teeth covered head to boot in Eyehategod merchandise out on stage during I forget what song and she exposed tits ass and pussy. Some little dude up front dove in and ate her out onstage for i know a good two minutes. Im hoping someone will post video of that up soon. Had to be there I guess. Man im tired of typing at this point but I hope everyone gets the vibe of what went down. It sucks too because there seems to be everyone in EHG besides bower trying to get back out there again after such a long time. Ive noticed they have been playing more and more shows but they cant hate on Jimmy wanting to go on the Road with Down and Metallica to make big money. Its sad but them dudes are all lifers so im sure they aint goin anywhere but got damn fellas is it that hard to go hit the studio? Give us some bullshit throwaways. give an old dog a bone fuck. Oh yeah Mike Williams is fucking hillarious these days. Hes much less of an asshole now that hes been of hard drugs for 4 years. Hes getting pretty plump in the midsection and was drinking straight red wine all night.

after EHG finished me and the Tirefire dudes went in the bathroom to bump some dust packages real quick (i dont even do coke..but sometimes it happens ya know :gyeah: ) and then we trashed the bathroom like fuck and broke every beer bottle in sight.

Another hour of hanging out in the parking lot and we made like bandits to the store grabbed up some sausage biscuits and choclate milk and drove the long ride home.

pz.

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

dont know where else to post this, but I saw Gojira on Friday on the first date of their first headlining US tour, and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. My good friend is in one of the bands that was on the bill so we got pretty cheap tickets. Everything sounded amazing. Mario's drums sound so fucking monstrous. One of the tightest bands I've ever witnessed. The place I saw them (Jaxx in Springfield VA) wasn't very big either, so it was pretty awesome seeing them in a semi-intimate environment.

obligatory shitty cellphone pics:

I think there were 6 bands playing that night, then the next night I was at the National in Richmond VA and saw 5 more metal bands. My ears are fucking bleeding.

Masked Terror #1

Sweet. I'm going to see them here in NY this week. Psyched.

Post by 360 »

:ohsh: @ that Lord Mantis

5 secs into the first track I wanted to run downstairs and start dropkicking passersby from my stoop

In a good way ofcourse