The Metal Thread

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

Post by 360 »

I must say, I'm really feeling Howl and upon further inspection, the chick isn't thebass player, the dude with the locks is. The chick is either lead or rhythmn, which makes her that much swifter.

Masked Terror #1

Post by Masked Terror #1 »

Yeah, man. Howl is one of the more exciting "new" bands I've discovered in a while.

Think this is going to be a real breakout year for them. When I spoke to them at SXSW it sounded like they had a deal/full length on the horizon, but weren't quite ready to divulge details.

DLG

Post by DLG »

hey duders.

My band Draconic just put out its new album "From the Wrong Side of the Aperture"

check out our myspace page if you are interested in hearing the music and maybe buying the album and/or a killer shirt with unicorns on it!

Or even if you think it blows, if you got some extra cash, hook a fellow :phila:-er up.

here's a hammy press write up.

FROM THE WRONG SIDE OF THE APERTURE

"The Serbian modern metal visionaries take the listener on a voyage, with nine tracks of devastating, futuristic melodic death metal

From the scorching cyber thrash metal riffs of Bleak Future Trauma, anthemic chorus of The Imbecile, blazing solos of Murder the Distance, to the doom dirge of album closer Laudanum, Draconic delivers metal that will satisfy the appetite of the most demanding metal fans.

Recommended for fans of Soilwork, Mnemic, Strapping Young Lad, and Threat Signal looking for a band that puts a fresh new spin on the modern melodic death metal genre.

http://www.myspace.com/draconic

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

Post by GM Dizzy Skillespie »

we posted this today... figured some of you might be interested

http://www.imposemagazine.com/children- ... now/15556/

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

GM Dizzy Skillespie wrote:we posted this today... figured some of you might be interested

http://www.imposemagazine.com/children- ... now/15556/
that was awesome.
album link?

DLG

Post by DLG »

seriously?

sounds like more boring, ironic, hipster thrash to me.

Why not just listen to Testament or Forbidden who played riffs like this, only 20 times better, in 1987.

DLG

Post by DLG »

this is brutal and technical.

crushing shit, new Ulcerate.

http://www.myspace.com/ulcerate

http://rapidshare.com/files/213265846/Ulcerate.rar

Masked Terror #1

Yeah, it sounded a little wouldn't-it-be-fun-to-have-a-metal-band to me.

I dug Early man's first album, but they haven't impressed me since and the similar bands that have cropped up since are kind of a drag.

Congrats on the album release, DLG. Not exactly my kind of shit, but it sounds official for sure. Not quite as brutal or tech/proggy as I might have expected based on the stuff you're into.

You need to tell us more about life in Serbia. Your off the cuff posts make it sound pretty normal and civilized, and we all know that can't be true.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Masked Terror #1 wrote:You need to tell us more about life in Serbia. Your off the cuff posts make it sound pretty normal and civilized, and we all know that can't be true.
:lol:

DLG

Post by DLG »

haha

yeah thanks, I realize it's almost no one's cup of tea here, but I figured I'd post it up.

The new stuff is more technical for sure, these songs were all written about 5 years ago in a setting of, "I'm not sure we can find a good enough drummer, let's not go overboard."

Plus I like to pride myself in subtle complexity. I'd say 70 percent of the riffs on the album are in some kind of odd-meter, but it doesn't beat you over the head with "look, we can play!"

But the new stuff is heavier, faster and a little more show-offy since we now have the people we need to play that kind of stuff.

Serbia is the worst place in the world to play in a band. We got looked over by at least 3 bigger labels who pretty much said, to either to us directly or to someone who was pitching our stuff to them said "You guys are great, probably better than most everything we hear, but you are from Serbia, sorry"

The problem is that because of the shitty political situation and slow reforms, we are not on the Schengen visa list and need to go through demanding procedures to travel anywhere. So any label would rather sign a mediocre German band they can get on tour right away instead of us, who it would be a huge hassle for.

We just keep pushing though, hopefully the visa restrictions will be no more in a year or so, the plus is that we really do work at everything 10 times more than any other band. Image trying to save up for a 2000 euro amp with a 500 euro a month salary, where your rent takes half of that. Everything we do is 20 times more difficult because of where we live.

Two days before our release party, we got an e-mail from the record label saying that Serbian customs, for no reason, returned the package to them. So, I, since I have an american passport, took a day off from work and travelled pretty much 48 hours straight by bus and train to Graz and back in order to have the CDs in time for the release party.

shit like that is what our whole career is like.

The label told me too when I got there that if they knew about all these hassles they would have never signed us, and that they were suprised that we weren't on a larger label and already touring big time.

It is funny though how metal was so uncool while I was in America, and then when I left in 2003 how much it blew up.

If someone told me in 1997 when I was being called a faggot for listening to glorious sympho power metal like Rhapsody instead of Godsmack that a band like Dragonforce would be on the Ozzfest will ten years later, I would have laughed in their faces.

shit's weird like that. Regardless, I like my life here, I like being shit on (no MT 1), having people tell me I can't do something and then do it, and not knowing what to expect day in and day out.

That's what kind of keeps me here, the fact that everything can go to shit at any second.

DLG

Post by DLG »

also, I think it's also pretty obvious that everyone in my band is a traditional head as well, one guitarist's fav bands are Megadeth and Exodus and the other loves Yngwie Malmsteen and Whitesnake. We just try and keep shit rooted in traditional while presenting all the shit we grew up on in some kind of modern vision or whatever.

that basically sums up our whole steeze.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Why did you end up moving there in the first place?

It seems like such a random place when there are so many places in Europe that seem more attractive, IMO.

DLG

Post by DLG »

yeah, my parents are from here, and I used to visit every summer, pretty much my whole life (accept like 92-93 when everything was mid-war), so basically, 3 months every year, that's almost a quarter of my life, so I grew up both in Belgrade and Jersey.

Also, I finished college in 2003 with a degree in journalism, had a job offer from a small, local jersey newspaper, and pretty much knew I would be doing shit jobs (25,000 a year type stuff in small papers) and probably bartending at night if I didn't intend to live in my mom's attic for the next 5 years, so I said fuck it, I already know the city and really love it, have tons of friend and connects, and what better place to be a journalist than in a war-torn blackhole of a country, plus the girls are really hot.

Masked Terror #1

Pretty much everyone I know who has travelled/worked/toured in eastern Europe has said that the chicks there are smoking hot and so poor/desperate that an evening of non-stop DPing from the whole road crew in exchange for 85 cents in loose change and a lipstick is pretty much the the highlight of their year.

Care to elaborate on that?

DLG

Post by DLG »

haha it's really not that bad, the girls are all hot, but teases generally. I knew a lot more sluts willing to take it every which way in dirty jerz.

What is a definite here though is that you'll always see the hottest chicks with fat, ugly dudes that have money. That whole "sponsor" culture grew big in the 90s here and hasn't stopped, where girls like that have no problem fucking, ugly old mafia dudes in order to have new shoes and outfits every week.

Post by 360 »

I'm intrigued right now

DLG

Post by DLG »

MT 1 is completely disappointed that the people aren't as poor and desperate as he had expected and will not be able to have 5 really hot 17 year olds shit on his chest for a tic tac.

Masked Terror #1

I'm on the line with Air Estonia canceling my reservation right now.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

hey to anyone who wants to be involved with the Hellbent for leather discussed earlier in the thread, could you pm me your email adddresses so my brother can set up accounts for you guys on the site?

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

so this past weekend I went on tour for 3 days with Dark Castle and it was a blast. Dark Castle are really nice people and I love them as friends but they were a little too tame for my adventurous appetite on the road. They dont really get as hammered but to each his own. We played my favorite (and former residence) city in the entire world New Orleans. This kid Matt Muscle is running his own booking company and had us down for a show at Saturn Bar and it was one of the craziest shows Ive been involved in for awhile. Without blogging to hard I will just say it was as you would expect from the Nola crowd. A party that never ended. Matt Muscles band Tirefire are maybe more psycho than my crew and play some bastard drugged out version of crusty black metal. They are awesome. punching kids in the face 10 deep in a tiny bathroom bumping blow off of guitar picks etc..almost like Eyehategod if they were more influenced by Celtic Frost than Sabbath. All I can say is that we bonded with them rather quickly and the rest of the night was a blur. We beat the shit out of a small group of gutterpunks. I dont even know why. For fun I suppose but whatever they were down with that night I was too. There was blood galore. Some coke whore slipped up in the mens bathroom while we were bumping yay and was trying to get someone to show her love on the coke and what started out as a joke ended in violence. She came in on some Nancy Spungen steez very whiny and grabbing all our cocks like she was gonna take cocks to the face for keybumps. The next thing I know Matt Muscle (who announces everything he hates as soon as it comes in his mind) states matter of factly with powder still on his nose "I hate shitty coke whores" and proceeds to do some kind of Thor ready open palmed power thrust that sent her flying backwards thru the bathroom door while it emptied out behind her. Camera flashes started going off and i could feel diahrhea about to spurt from my anus at a radical rate. Muscle then proceeds to life a bar bottle trash can over her unconcious body??? and empties the contents out onto her face busting her lips?? all I know is that the following picture will be used for the Tirefire album cover and its 100% real. No setup just random damage. Her boyfriend comes up and says he has three drink tickets left and hes not leaving. Long story short he comes at me...no idea why? and we smacked him around and choked him out. They rolled her out the back door and thats the last i saw of her. My asshole is still raw as fuck from truckstop sandpaper tissue and I should probably go get checked out by a doctor for a case of Cajun AIDS (Hepatitis A B +C) because every since Katrina it aint hard to get and I shit in that bathroom. To sum it all up we got some psychotic new friends who have just formed the harshest Old School Black Metal band in New Orleans and they reputation they are leaving for being evil fucks is far worse than any Norweigan church burners could imagine.

Sadly the only music they have available is a cassette demo called Microwave and features the songs EYEHATEWEED, Sideswiped by the Antichrist, Punched On Principal, Bomb The Homeless, Posercaust and the cassette is covered in blood. We are planning on doing a split ep with them sometime this year tenatively titled DISRESPECT JESUS on my label Death Snake records.

heres the cover art for their upcoming album and a link to their page.
http://www.myspace.com/tirefire504

I intended to send pics of the shit to MT1 while it was happening but my canmera was dead and I was too zapped to know what to do other than rage.

Post by 360 »

LOL. I was seriously going to say "pics or it didn't happen"....

WELLLLLLLL, I just saw one of the greatest pics I have ever witnessed.

I must say this, though: That was a bit harsh, but the end result is pure art so I can't hate.
Last edited by 360 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Masked Terror #1

Your pic sending instincts were in the right place my friend.

Possibly my new favorite photo right there.

Masked Terror #1

Tirefire are pretty good too.

Masked Terror #1

But who hates coke whores?

I wake up every evening and thank the dark lord for coke whores.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

Masked Terror #1 wrote:But who hates coke whores?

I wake up every evening and thank the dark lord for coke whores.
Ive employed many a coke whore for my services indeed but a New Orleans coke whore is a different breed alltogether. I believe they hate sharing as well as they hate gutter punks, black people, white people, cops, posers, stoner rock, WEED, new shoes, sports, not bleeding and pretty much everything else you can think of besides cheap beer, shitty coke, shitty Black metal, and Hatred.

They love Hatred. They hate PC assholes. UP THE BLACK TRASH

DLG

Post by DLG »

looking forward to reading your story when I'm not icredibly drunk tommorow morning.

:icedit: catfish needs a blog STAT

amazing :bow:

Masked Terror #1

Hellbent For Leather will be a fine home for catfish's dispatches from the metal frontlines.

In the meantime, in honor of my 6666th post . . . Goatwhore!

Goatwhore - A Haunting Curse (2006)
pass: metalrock55

1. Wear These Scars of Testimony
2. Bloodletting Upon the Cloven Hoof
3. Alchemy of the Black Sun Cult
4. My Eyes are the Spears of Chaos
5. In the Narrow Confines of Defilement
6. Forever Consumed Oblivion
7. A Haunting Curse...
8. Silence Marked by the Breaking of Bone
9. Diabolical Submergence of Rebirth
10. ...Of Ashen Slumber
11. I Avenge Myself

Goatwhore - Funeral Dirge for the Rotting Sun (2003)
1. Sacrament of Emptiness and Despair 01:45
2. Vengeance of Demonic Fury 03:07
3. Blood Guilt Eucharist 04:01
4. The Serpent That Enslaves What Is Worshiped 03:19
5. Chanting Bells of Funeral Anguish 03:23
6. Sky Inferno 03:41
7. A Closure in Infinity 03:44
8. Invocation to the Obsidian Moon 01:38
9. As the Sun Turns to Ash 03:21
10. Fires of the Judas Blood 02:59
11. The Black Art of Deception 02:17
12. Baptized in a Storm of Swords 03:49

Goatwhore - The Eclipse Of Ages Into Black (2000)
01 - Nocturnal Holocaust
02 - Lair Of Nastrond
03 - Desolate Path To Apocalyptic Ruin
04 - The Beauty In Suffering
05 - As The Reflection Slowly Fades
06 - All The Sins
07 - Satan's Millenium
08 - Upon This Deathbed Of Cold Fire
09 - Gravedom
10 - Invert The Virgin
11 - Perversions Of The Ancient Goat
12 - Into A Darker Sun
13 - Under A Dark God
14 - Commanding The Legions Of Hell
15 - Graveyards And Dead Angels

DLG

Post by DLG »

enjoying this video today.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XSnj8X1zAZI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XSnj8X1zAZI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

DLG wrote:enjoying this video today.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XSnj8X1zAZI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XSnj8X1zAZI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
i love that song

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

Here, have some brutality. Agoraphobic Nosebleed is grindcore with mostly electronic drums. Dude from Pig Destroyer is the only real member of this band.

Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Agorapocalypse

Code: Select all

http://www.mediafire.com/?4im3ndzul22