The Hardcore & Punk Thread

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

Masked Terror #1

Post by Masked Terror #1 »

Been spinning that Hellshock nonstop. Awesome album and the best thing they've ever done.

One of my favorites from last year and I didn't even discover it until December. If you haven't yet, do yourself a favor and check it out.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

someone post up some compilation mixes like i requested :gyeah:
if you don't want to spend the time to make a thought out "best of" mix.. just throw together a bunch of personal faves in a folder. would be appreciated.. classic to current. whatever

grandgroove

Post by grandgroove »

catfish hunter wrote:that should get the ball rolling in the right direction. Ill try to stick to some of the more obscure and sadly overlooked hardcore bands. Im pretty much a huge fan of power violence bands like Spazz and Man Is The Bastard as well as fastcore bands like Crossed Out and Drop Dead.

Ive actually got quite a few bands to up but i will stick to one band a day so that i can take my time.

Ive actually been meaning to start this thread due to my current obsession with Trap Them, Trash Talk, Victims etc...
I *love* power violence and thrashcore stuff. I remember how great the Charles Bronson discography was. Other bands I like of the same sound: Enemy Soil, Dystopia, The Locust, Swing Kids, Antioch Arrow, Portraits of Past and a lot more I can't think of this early in my day.

I'll come up with more.
ImageImage

grandgroove

Post by grandgroove »

I just caught on to this thread, but I haven't had the chance to go through all eight pages.

I love the different stuff going on with this forum.

Some of my particular pics that I can also rip (MP3 VBR or FLAC):

* Crossed Out - Discocgraphy (I have both the official one and the bootleg one)

* Assfactor 4 - Discography (Not official, mostly masters a friend picked up from a local studio where it was all recorded.

* In/Humanity - Discography

* Indian Summer - Discography and Live on KZSU

* Spazz - Sweatin' to the Oldies

* Charles Bronson - Discocrappy 2xCD

* Rorschach - Discography

* Man is the Bastard - The Sum... and Faces of the Man (I think?)

* The Locust - s/t CD

* Antioch Arrow - Discography CD + Gems of Masochism (making it a proper discography)

* Other mentions: Current, Drive Like Jehu, Mineral, Julia, Honeywell, Evergreen, Constatine Sankathi, Festival of Dead Deer, The Crimson Curse, Angel Hair, The VSS, Slaves, Minor Threat, State of Alert, Artificial Peace, Gasp

A lot of great stuff. Thanks to all posts so far!

I had a decent flow going with my blog: http://dancefloornumerology.blogspot.com - but I slacked off. This site encourages me to get back on the ball.

Have a good week, folks!
ImageImage

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

grandgroove wrote:I just caught on to this thread, but I haven't had the chance to go through all eight pages.

I love the different stuff going on with this forum.

Some of my particular pics that I can also rip (MP3 VBR or FLAC):

* Crossed Out - Discocgraphy (I have both the official one and the bootleg one)

* Assfactor 4 - Discography (Not official, mostly masters a friend picked up from a local studio where it was all recorded.

* In/Humanity - Discography

* Indian Summer - Discography and Live on KZSU

* Spazz - Sweatin' to the Oldies

* Charles Bronson - Discocrappy 2xCD

* Rorschach - Discography

* Man is the Bastard - The Sum... and Faces of the Man (I think?)

* The Locust - s/t CD

* Antioch Arrow - Discography CD + Gems of Masochism (making it a proper discography)

* Other mentions: Current, Drive Like Jehu, Mineral, Julia, Honeywell, Evergreen, Constatine Sankathi, Festival of Dead Deer, The Crimson Curse, Angel Hair, The VSS, Slaves, Minor Threat, State of Alert, Artificial Peace, Gasp

A lot of great stuff. Thanks to all posts so far!

I had a decent flow going with my blog: http://dancefloornumerology.blogspot.com - but I slacked off. This site encourages me to get back on the ball.

Have a good week, folks!
Ive listened to most ever thing you posted there and uploaded some of those in this thread. feel free to post anything. I will look at your blog.
:cheers:
welcome.

grandgroove

Post by grandgroove »

Circle Takes the Square - As the Roots Undo (2004)

Format: MP3, Lame v3.97 b2, VBR 0, alt-preset-extreme

Download HERE

Band Home Page: http://www.circletakesthesquare.com

Discogs Info: HERE

My take: This album is truly deserving of the term amazing. Loud/quiet dynamics, tight bursts of faithful emo intensity, alternate male/female singing and lyrics that are as great over the mic as they are to read. These folks are from Savannah, GA. For fans of Indian Summer, Ampere, Native Nod, Funeral Diner and anything like this that you love.
ImageImage

grandgroove

VA - Nothing's Quiet on the Eastern Front

Post by grandgroove »

Various Artists: Nothing's Quiet on the Eastern Front

Format: FLAC Lossless (via EAC)

Download - CLICK HERE

Discogs info - CLICK HERE

My take on it: In support men who served in the Assfactor 4th Regiment for Her Majesty's Palmetto Flag Calvary, Division 1996, we recently unearthed a digital document capturing a piece of life during their brave time in battle. The Battle of Stars & Bars brought many casualties, but those lost were reaffirmed once the battle was won. Colonel Bickel, one of the few survivors of the 1996 Hardcore Insurrection, recalls the turning point of the Battle:

"We had just taken a hit of right-wing mortars and stained glass. My two best men were trying to pull away shards of candelabrum from their upper torso. Our frontline seemed grim, but then we suddenly gained momentum on sheer luck of reverting to our second battle strategy: emoviolence."

We here at Dancefloornumerology would like you to take a moment of silence to remember those in this digital artifact. Their sonic outlay, silent in our moment-to-moment world, remains comfortably contained within the diameter of this silver cicle.[/img][/b]
ImageImage

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

singer from Cursed. new band. very cool, Flag influences, I hear Born Against in it too. Sounds like 80s hardcore being played through Doom metal amps. heavy metal leads. check it out.

http://www.myspace.com/burninglovers
get into it

sample lyrics
HEY KID HEREג€™S A SHINY DIME, GET A NEW EMOTION.
YOUR UNSLEPT PARANOIDג€™S BEEN WORKING OVERTIME
AND WE ALL KNOW WHATג€™S COMING NEXT.
THE SKY IS FALLING, BUT IT ALREADY WAS
AND COUNTING THE DAYS, YOUג€™RE ONLY SPEEDING IT UP
BUT YOUג€™RE NO FURTHER AHEAD OR FURTHER BEHIND
ג€“ JUST FALLING APART.
LIVES OF THE SAINTS BUT THE DEATH OF THE PARTY.
LIVES OF THE SAINTS, BE THE DEATH OF YOU.
SHINY DIME, HEREג€™S A SHINY DIME FOR YOU.
SHINY DIME, HERE'S A SHINY DIME, AND
YOU GOTTA HAVE SOME WORDS IN THERE
THAT ARENג€™T ג€œOBSOLESCENCEג€, ג€œSYSTEMג€ OR ג€œMACHINEג€
...ARE YOU HOLDING OUT ON ME?
LIVES OF THE SAINTS, BE THE DEATH OF YOU.
Last edited by catfish hunter on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

heres the burning love demo
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1fp5fs

April 2009 Demo:

Intro / Lives of the Saints
Alien vs. Creditor
Money Shots
I Don't Like You (Battalion of Saints)
Burning Love

Masked Terror #1

Good raw, dark, crusty hardcore from Seattle with occasional early black or early Swedish death flourishes. Drops on Southern Lord on Tuesday.

Black Breath - Heavy Breathing

Code: Select all

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=33BH9QBE

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

Masked Terror #1 wrote:Good raw, dark, crusty hardcore from Seattle with occasional early black or early Swedish death flourishes. Drops on Southern Lord on Tuesday.

Black Breath - Heavy Breathing

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=33BH9QBE
http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... &start=930

heres the other one. Razor to Oblivion. Ive been on a heavy BB trip for a couple weeks now. Thanks so much for this

:cheers:

Masked Terror #1

Yeah, they pretty much rule.

Dude, if you haven't checked the Wolvhammer record I posted in the metal thread, go for it.

It's fucking awesome.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Didn't see this up here yet...

http://www.mediafire.com/?wujyn2mz1yf

A compilation of their EPs.

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

Black Breath is good shit, glad to see the band is gettin love in the punk and metal thread.

Masked Terror #1

Yeah, I figured it could really go either way, but this thread needed some love and attention.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

yeah Black Breath is exceptional. I cant wait to see them live on tour with Converge in May. The new record rips. Its got a couple longer jams
but more Black Breath >>>>>

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

I've seen them live a few times. they fucking rip shit up. Really glad to see they're getting love from dudes across the country.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

odium-LSC wrote:I've seen them live a few times. they fucking rip shit up. Really glad to see they're getting love from dudes across the country.
fuck yeah. The From Ashes Rise dudes hipped me to BB awhile back ago.
One of my current favorites absolutely.

Bleach

Post by Bleach »

Sweet. Added some unheard Metal/ punk to music collection
thanks everybody.

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

URINE SPECIMEN- RAW EP

ANYONE GOT IT??????

MC Homeless

Post by MC Homeless »

Masked Terror #1 wrote:Been spinning that Hellshock nonstop. Awesome album and the best thing they've ever done.

One of my favorites from last year and I didn't even discover it until December. If you haven't yet, do yourself a favor and check it out.
this is amazing. they have come a long way.
"You gonna let a cheeseburger do that?" Yeah, I like to instigate

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

new Trash Talk. sounds like they stripped down some for this album.
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Hx66G3C0HM&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Hx66G3C0HM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

kinda reminds me of Extortion. great video

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

New Integrity. This could also be in the Metal thread. Imagine Humanity is the Devil on a more Slayer kick.

http://hotfile.com/dl/43868245/eeef11b/I_XTBCX_Sludge_Swamp.zip.html

Masked Terror #1

That Integrity is pretty good. Who's on guitar these days? Doesn't sound like Melnick. Whoever it is has the crunch down, but he's missing the melodic Metallica-esque leads.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

Masked Terror #1 wrote:That Integrity is pretty good. Who's on guitar these days? Doesn't sound like Melnick. Whoever it is has the crunch down, but he's missing the melodic Metallica-esque leads.
the Melnick Bros havent been in Integrity since the 90s. They do have a pretty kick ass punk band goin now. I checked them out before but cant remember the name.

The Jochum brothers are doing axe duty in Integrity these days.

can anyone find a link to the old Neanderthal records??

Masked Terror #1

I knew they'd been out for a while, but also thought this was some kind of reforming of the band, so wasn't sure if anyone had come back. I'm far from an Integrity expert, but I really dig Humanity Is The Devil.

These days Rot In Hell makes better Integrity sounding records than Integrity does,

I think the Melnicks had a band called In Cold Blood that was fairly generic Clevo hardcore. Is that what you're thinking of?

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

Masked Terror #1 wrote:I knew they'd been out for a while, but also thought this was some kind of reforming of the band, so wasn't sure if anyone had come back. I'm far from an Integrity expert, but I really dig Humanity Is The Devil.

These days Rot In Hell makes better Integrity sounding records than Integrity does,

I think the Melnicks had a band called In Cold Blood that was fairly generic Clevo hardcore. Is that what you're thinking of?
nah I know ICB. They have a newer band that i forget the name of thats got a more straightforward punk rock feel to it.

Rot In Hell is dope.
I like alot of the holy terror hardcore. hate the fuck ups who buy into Dwids whole mystique.

I cant fault Dwid for cashing in with all the merch sales and exclusive prints and runs he does but the consumerist attitude can be nauseating.

Integrity dropped classic albums when the Melnicks were down.

nickwoj

Post by nickwoj »

catfish, the melnick band you're probably thinking of is the inmates.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

nickwoj wrote:catfish, the melnick band you're probably thinking of is the inmates.
absolutely. thank you.

whats the status with Cold World?

nickwoj

Post by nickwoj »

catfish hunter wrote:
nickwoj wrote:catfish, the melnick band you're probably thinking of is the inmates.
absolutely. thank you.

whats the status with Cold World?
right now we're planning/writing a 12" single/video with sean p. it's not necessarily gonna be the typical hardcore song with a rap verse hastily thrown into it, we're gonna do something different(i'm shooting for something like that g rap track from the unkle album with heavy riffs but that's aiming pretty high). the b-side is gonna be one of sean's verses and a verse from roc marciano over a hip-hop beat. recording the music in late june/early july, although at least a rough version of the b-side should be done very soon.
after that we're writing for the "how the gods chill" lp and that'll be our last joint cause we all have crazy shit goin on. we already have demos for like 3-4 songs and they're ill.
thanks for asking mannn