admit it...

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

deepfriedjellol

admit it...

Post by deepfriedjellol »

you're gay.

meaning: you have tendencies to appreciate things that you wouldnt brag about to your friends out of fear of what they might think of your manhood (malpractice included), musically that is.

here are a few of mine:

*imogen heap gets me hard ever since i heard "hide and seek" on an episode of The OC, which i also used to watch religiously - i cant stand the way she talks or looks, but jesus id put it to the imaginary imogen heap in my brain yo

*panic! at the disco's first album is one of my favorites

*30 seconds to mars put on one hell of a show and their album A Beautiful Lie is one of my favorites because it doesnt try to be something it isnt - it's just emotionally driven rock with expensive producers

*i heard the song "Fix You" by coldplay randomly on the radio at one of my 'most susceptible to gay songs' periods in early 2006 after a friend of mine was killed crossing the street to get a random stray dog out of the road - i now admit to liking a good portion of the coldplay catalog. wanna know how i know im gay?

*my wife is a top 40 only type chick and i admit to not turning the channel when miley is on. i put my hands up cause they were playin my song yo. also that song of chris brown's forever was a face banger (ZING!)

*i once peed next to wayne coyne and only after i left the bathroom did i think up the line "hey nice coyne purse" *smh*

*i peed next to chad smith from the chili peppers in pomona, ca at a gig for one of my shitty bands and we hit it off. i played the same bar 5 months later and met chad smith from the chili peppers in the bathroom again and he said "ive peed with you before!" - i still love 80% of the chili peppers catalog

*daughtry is probably my favorite of all the american idol winners. i have downloaded and jammed out to both of his albums. plus he looks like me. cept im chunkier, which chicks with no tits dig.

what about you fag?

Masked Terror #1

Post by Masked Terror #1 »

My gayness for Oasis has been pretty well documented.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

i like ben folds five and my chemical romance. i am a jr. high girl with orthodontic headset, fatty tits and an oversized mickey mouse shirt that giggles when boys are around.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

lets just say every bad boy has his soft side and lets leave it at that
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

deepfriedjellol

drizzle wrote:lets just say every bad boy has his soft side and lets leave it at that
NO DRIZZLE - YOU FUCKING TELL ME YOUR SOFTSERVE OR ILL TELL EVERYONE HERE WHAT YOUR CHINESE CHARACTER TATTOO ACTUALLY MEANS

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

deepfriedjellol wrote:
drizzle wrote:lets just say every bad boy has his soft side and lets leave it at that
NO DRIZZLE - YOU FUCKING TELL ME YOUR SOFTSERVE OR ILL TELL EVERYONE HERE WHAT YOUR CHINESE CHARACTER TATTOO ACTUALLY MEANS
look man, we don't need to talk about it anymore

Yesterday's just a memory, Can we close the door

I just made one mistake

I didn't know what to say when you called me baby

deepfriedjellol

i see what you did there.

you're a damn yankees fan aren't you?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

what makes you say that

deepfriedjellol

drizzle wrote:what makes you say that
just a honey hunches of totes, mc gotes

DLG

Post by DLG »

I too have been know to crank My Chemical Romance when my girlfriend isn't home.

I justify it to myself by saying how they have obvious influences from Queen, Pink Floyd, etc, but I still feel like a faggot.

Even though you'd probably expect my biggest man crush to be on some obscure swedish drummer in a tech death band that put out 2 albums in the late 90s, it's actually on John Darnielle of The Mountain Goats.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

deepfriedjellol wrote:- i still love 80% of the chili peppers catalog
The only albums that I didn't like from the Chilli Peppers was when Carmen Electra's doucher of a husband was in the group.

-I listen to sad bastard emo crap Dashboard Confessional.

-I like the band Thursday, and listen to them on a semi regular basis.

-I have a pretty hefty obsession with Bjork. I have traveled by airplane to see her live.
Last edited by Random Sample on Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

aside from making the kind of music i make (which is gayer than all your gay secret musical loves combined) i've been known to get down to a billy joel ballad on occasion and fiona apple has some songs i fucking love. in particular "the first taste" which is pretty much the musical equivalent to eating a man's ass by candlelight.

Mercuthio

Post by Mercuthio »

:gyeah:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tAI2doCUbNc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tAI2doCUbNc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

who speaks ill of the piano man?

wheels

Post by wheels »

Fine I'll play along (nh/yh):

-All things girly: Metric, Lykke Li, Fiona Apple, Daughter Darling, Juana Molina, Feist, Florence and the Machine, Nicole Atkins, etc. Not just female singers, but music that's overtly geared toward chicks. Eat my balls.

-Radiohead is probably my favorite band and I have nothing in common with most of the observable fanbase.

-All things Ben Gibbard. I like DCFC and every other side project. I'm sick of postal service in a big way though.

-Kanye West. It's well documented.

-I too have traveled by plane to see Bjork.

-I once considered going to Lollapalooza so I could see Band of Horses. And only Band of Horses.

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

:cas:

BlingRhames

Post by BlingRhames »

Thread is a combination of intolerable, heinous and monstrously gay choices and credible, respectable artists who merit no chagrin whatsoever.

fiona apple, bjork, billy joel and even oasis, I really wouldn't worry about.

Unfortunately, Joel and Random Sample (except for bjork), you guys are prolapsed faggots for your musical taste (only). There's no defending yourselves, it's embarrassing.
Sebastian gets busy wrote:look there is still a chANCE THIS WAS A GIRL

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

really the worst things i can say all belong to follies of youth. like seeing various jambands and going to dave matthews because the bitches love it, etc

my music taste now is pretty immaculate. i feel no guilt about any of my pleasures

Thun

Post by Thun »

drizzle wrote:really the worst things i can say all belong to follies of youth. like seeing various jambands and going to dave matthews because the bitches love it, etc

my music taste now is pretty immaculate. i feel no guilt about any of my pleasures
:larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: / :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry:

The following songs are in regular rotation in my iPod:

Corrine Bailey Rae "Put Your Records On"
Des'Ree "You Gotta Be"
King Harvest "Dancing In The Moonlight"
Mari Wilson "Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps"
Zee Avi "Just You and Me"

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Last edited by Thun on Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mercuthio

Post by Mercuthio »

drizzle wrote:who speaks ill of the piano man?
well, i guess i thought being into that stuff would be considered suspect in some circles...

here's another one, pink lettering and all

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qmxFAT581T4&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qmxFAT581T4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

deepfriedjellol

aaaaaaaaaand i just got out of the clean room where i blasted the new 30 seconds to mars and was caught not once, but three times, with my hands thrust triumphantly into the air in a full on battle cry

the new album is tear inducing in a "shot of epinephrine up my ureter" sort of way

and my fiona apple, tori amos, bjork, beth gibbons, frente (YEAH I SAID FRENTE), imogen heap obsessions are pretty healthy

last saturday we listened to nothing but fiona and i was amorous the entire day

arlene
Crazy Alice

Post by arlene »

this is a great thread

DLG

Post by DLG »

I own the first four albums made by these guys

they play symphonic power metal and all of the album artwork includes maps of the imaginary lands their imaginary heroes are defending from imaginary evil doers.

They have the greatest choruses this side of Helloween and I love them dearly.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WRQ6thP8D0w&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WRQ6thP8D0w&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

meh, could be much much worse

could be man-o-war

deepfriedjellol

man, who knew rock n roll was so sooty.

dlg is my friend

deepfriedjellol

and that collection of chins is inspiring as well.

DLG

Post by DLG »

drizzle wrote:meh, could be much much worse

could be man-o-war
Manowar's first couple albums are pretty awesome and epic, they started sucking once they became a parody of themselves.

I managed to have sex in high school by keeping this music on the DL and playing sports.

While everyone was listening to Limp Bizkit and Korn my brother and I were pumping Manowar in the basement while playing hockey on the Genesis and documenting time signature changes in Dream Theater songs.

Thun

Post by Thun »

The confessions in this thread aren't half as embarrassing as the music that is lauded with zero irony in M2C on a regular basis.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

DLG wrote: my brother and I were pumping Manowar in the basement

there's gotta be a better way to say that

DLG

Post by DLG »

:rofl: