RICK RUBIN's Music Listening Habits Poll

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

deepfriedjellol

RICK RUBIN's Music Listening Habits Poll

Post by deepfriedjellol »

Alot of us listen to music in a shitton of different places, using different technology and storage habits.
We've gone over the use of CDs in a previous thread, but this time let's go a few steps further and flush it all out like MT's colon or DLG's T-zone when exfoliating.
Why? Why not tithead?

Where do you listen to music most? Home, car, work, bathroom...

What is your main piece of technology that you use to listen to music? iPod, regular mp3 player, zune, cassette player, walkman, bose wave...

How do you listen? over the ear headphones, studio headphones, ear buds, etc...

How do you acquire music? Internet .rar files through googles, blogs feed you, philaflava-type message boards, torrents, itunes for pussies, sam goody and musicland...

How do you store your music? PC Hard Drives, External Hard Drives, Thumb Drives, iPod HD, data discs, actual audio discs, cassette, online storage locations...

How do you actually listen to music on your devices? Tracks in alphabetical order, pure shuffle, by album, by artist

What is your process for deciding if something is worth keeping? Download>transfer to mp3 player/burn to disc>listen>edit tags>dump in external HD>start over

How do you organize your music collection? By genre, year, album name, artist name

Do you keep only the songs you like or complete albums?

Do you tell other people about awesome music or are you a hoarder?

Are you going to the mall later?

deepfriedjellol

Post by deepfriedjellol »

I do the majority of my music listening either in me truck on the way to and from work, or at work while in the clean room. My job is pretty labor intensive and I have to concentrate, so I'm normally listening to music to avoid getting complacent or dozing off.

What is your main piece of technology that you use to listen to music? iPod, regular mp3 player, zune, cassette player, walkman, bose wave...
I've had a regular mp3 player, which I call my manpod, since 2003. I originally spent 50 bucks at best buy and got a 512MB dinky thing and spent the 15 bucks to get the protection plan. No manpod has lasted longer than 6 months, so I just go back in and replace it and spend another 15 bucks on the protection plan and now after about 7 new mp3 players I have the Sansa 8GB with SD slot for extended memory.

How do you listen? home stereo, car stereo, over the ear headphones, studio headphones, ear buds, etc...
I am physically unable to wear earbuds for any length of time without suffering some serious earhole pain. So I've been an over the ear headphone wearer since college when I discovered that buds weren't me buds.
My home stereo consists of my laptop hooked up to some pretty badass computer speakers.

How do you acquire music? Internet .rar files through googles, blogs feed you, philaflava-type message boards, torrents, itunes for pussies, sam goody and musicland...
I do all of the above except itunes and music stores. I can google with the best of em, so if I find out something's being released or leaked, I can 9 times out of 10 find it the first few tries.
I also participate in a handful of music blogs when I have time to contribute.
I take recommendations from a select few: Fuckin A and rem6775 (or whatever) and drizzle and alaska and DLG and russian and obese, and ackbar when im wearing purple

How do you store your music? PC Hard Drives, External Hard Drives, Thumb Drives, iPod HD, data discs, actual audio discs, cassette, online storage locations...
Laptop HD until I decide to either pitch it or keep it, if I keep it it goes onto my main external HD with is 320GB. If Im not going to need it, I store it on my work HD which is 250GB or my external never touch HD which is 500GB and nearly full.

How do you actually listen to music on your devices? Tracks in alphabetical order, pure shuffle, by album, by artist
This is the question Im most curious about.
I listen alphabetically all the time so I dont listen to one artist the entire time. I am unable to look at the screen while Im working so it sucks in one respect, but in another it's like shuffle but I can tell how much more music I have to listen to before I can dump out the contents and add newer music to the mp3 player memory.
I cant stand shuffle because I dont know where I am as far as listening to everything I have slated for review.

What is your process for deciding if something is worth keeping? Download>transfer to mp3 player/burn to disc>listen>edit tags>dump in external HD>start over
DL>listen on manpod or audio cd in truck>delete it or keep it>keep it around locally until I run out of room

How do you organize your music collection? By genre, year, album name, artist name
I do folders with artists name, and then toss in all of their files in one folder to keep shit concise. I have never been a guy who knows how to properly tag music files so i dont genre-cize anything because I wouldnt know how to make that info stick.

i keep entire albums. if i hate something so much that i will never ever listen to it i just wont listen to it, but i prefer complete albums over individual mp3s because i see albums as a kind of point of reference for the rest of the disc

im a big sharer but not so much that i would ever go mindbender about something i like alot.
the new 30 seconds to mars is phenomenal btw

no, keep spelling mister

Zeed Stun

Re: RICK RUBIN's Music Listening Habits Poll

Post by Zeed Stun »

deepfriedjellol wrote:Alot of us listen to music in a shitton of different places, using different technology and storage habits.
We've gone over the use of CDs in a previous thread, but this time let's go a few steps further and flush it all out like MT's colon or DLG's T-zone when exfoliating.
Why? Why not tithead?

Where do you listen to music most? Home, car, work, bathroom...all of the above...music is usually always playing...i fall asleep and wake up to music

What is your main piece of technology that you use to listen to music? iPod, regular mp3 player, zune, cassette player, walkman, bose wave...ipod and cd's....cd's more and more cuz i just got a new car with a bangin system but no media input tso i've been burning mad cds lately

How do you listen? over the ear headphones, studio headphones, ear buds, etc...ear buds at work and when working out...speakers anywhere else

How do you acquire music? Internet .rar files through googles, blogs feed you, philaflava-type message boards, torrents, itunes for pussies, sam goody and musicland...99% of my music comes from blogs and :phila:

How do you store your music? PC Hard Drives, External Hard Drives, Thumb Drives, iPod HD, data discs, actual audio discs, cassette, online storage locations...ipod, 3 external hard drives and an old computer i havent turned on in years with a grip of 'underground hip-hop' from late high school/early college days

How do you actually listen to music on your devices? Tracks in alphabetical order, pure shuffle, by album, by artistit varies by my mood...if im feeling saucy i'll shuffle all tracks

What is your process for deciding if something is worth keeping? Download>transfer to mp3 player/burn to disc>listen>edit tags>dump in external HD>start overi go with my instinct...i have pretty eclectic tastes in music but also strong opinions and I am very quick to dismiss something if i think i sucks on the first listen...that said, I take alot of chances on downloading stuff i've never heard before and have had pretty good luck going with my instincts

How do you organize your music collection? By genre, year, album name, artist nameartist name, playlists, seasons

Do you keep only the songs you like or complete albums?usually complete albums

Do you tell other people about awesome music or are you a hoarder?most of my friends have shitty taste in music imo...if i put on something even remotely obscure they usually respond with "what the fuck is this shit"....so i've learned to enjoy music individually....my brother and i have very similar tastes so we'll tell eachother when something good comes up...he's got a pretty decent music blog built up...i posted a link in the sticky thread

actually yes...on my lunch break im going to the mall of america (:arrow:) to spend my barnes and noble gift card

coldwatermusic

Post by coldwatermusic »

Where do you listen to music most?

In this order: Home, Public Transport, Kitchen, Car (rarely use it)

What is your main piece of technology that you use to listen to music?
In this order: Technics 1200, Laptop, Ipod, CD-Player in the kitchen, old cassette deck in the bathroom.

How do you listen?

In this order: Home Stereo, Ear Buds, Studio Headphones

How do you acquire music?

Going through the snippets of new 12"s at hhv, juno, hardwax, phonica, decks and clone at least 4 times a week. Can take from 10 minutes to 2 hours, depending on my patience. Blogs, mags, friends and message boards also play a role of, course.

How do you store your music?

Records: http://www.tommesani.com/images/expedit.jpg + http://www.jref.com/classifieds/data/39 ... 471_S3.jpg

Mp3s: All the great stuff stays on Laptop HD. Other stuff goes to: External Hardrive + Ipod (160 GB)

How do you actually listen to music on your devices?

MP3s: I usually keep to my playlists and the "New Albums" + "New EPs + Tracks" folders.

What is your process for deciding if something is worth keeping?

I tend to keep pretty much everything because I'm too lazy to think about what I should delete and storage has become so cheap.

Records that I'm convinced I would be happy never hearing again go to discogs.com

How do you organize your music collection?

Genres. Within those genres: alphabetical, which is a real pain in the ass with vinyl.

I think I'm a hoarder at heart who's been forced to become a sharer through his job. Columns are no fun if you keep the best shit to yourself and force yourself to only cover mediocre shit.

CasOne

Post by CasOne »

Car then home then bathroom.

ipizzle then lap top.

How do you listen? over the ear headphones, studio headphones, ear buds, etc...
noise cancelation bose.

I usually buy the cd for the quality,support and artwork and then rip it into itunes. if not then i download free albums off the internet.

I need to purchase a new external hard drive. im using normal laptop strage right now.
How do you actually listen to music on your devices? Tracks in alphabetical order, pure shuffle, by album, by artist by album or artist.

What is your process for deciding if something is worth keeping? Download>transfer to mp3 player/burn to disc>listen>edit tags>dump in external HD>start over i listen through the album and if I dislike I dump.

by artist name and album.

complete albums. simply because a lot of times the album will grow on me.

i tell the people who will actually like the stuff.
listen up close you beautiful bitch, Im about to fuck you up with some truth. yes.

Pronay

Post by Pronay »

home, gym, car, doing anything tedious

ipod

How do you listen?
sony in-ear headphones, like $30. I've had multiple pairs of the Bose in-ear, they're garbage (physical quality-wise). clear tips always fell off, wire fucks up at the base of the cord, etc.

my own searching via blogs/forums/file hosting search engines. no torrents or itunes

How do you store your music? on multiple computers around the house, two externals, and favorite songs on a paid Divshare account.

created playlists by date, MM/DD/YY. I have a few like favorite song playlists of particular years or by producer or mood, but mostly by date. revisiting old playlists bring back memories.

I'm in the process of getting all my stuff in one folder, so right now
download -> plug headphones into laptop & delete songs as I go along in order of the album -> rename surviving songs' file name, then put into 'mp3tag' folder, to be tagged.

this should sort of explain my method

but I don't use any subfolders. also I only put tagged stuff on my ipod, so if I want to listen to something not on there that provides motivation to tag it & add it.

only individual songs. there are a handful of albums that are complete or near complete, but I typically keep just the best few off a given album.

I share everything with a few people. I use WinDirLister to make a text list of all the songs I have tagged/good versions off, then trade off that list with others. cuts out a lot of the legwork downloading albums you only want a song or two from.

wat

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

Where do you listen to music most? work

What is your main piece of technology that you use to listen to music? iPhone

How do you listen? ear buds

How do you acquire music? Internet .rar files through googles, blogs feed you, philaflava-type message boards, torrents and indie music stores

How do you store your music? PC Hard Drives, Thumb Drives, actual audio discs, vinyl, cassette

How do you actually listen to music on your devices? by album, by artist, by playlist, by podcast... i listen to what i want, when i want

What is your process for deciding if something is worth keeping? listen to on the computer & delete if i don't like it. some things i won't listen to for months after d/l tho.

How do you organize your music collection? physical music is all alphabetical by artist.. digital is all organized through itunes by artist/album/genre/year/etc. with cover art

Do you keep only the songs you like or complete albums? complete albums

Do you tell other people about awesome music or are you a hoarder? i tell people.. but a lot of my friends are just as in tune to new music as i am

Are you going to the mall later? no

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

Where do you listen to music most? before and while sleeping, in the shower, in the car, while working out, at home, while cooking, cleaning, basically almost all the time...

What is your main piece of technology that you use to listen to music? iPod, bose ipod speakers, car ipod player, car cd player, itunes on the macbook...

How do you listen? noise canceling in earphones, out loud.

How do you acquire music? blogs and boards, friends, buy a cd maybe couple times a year

How do you store your music? pc hard drive, external hard drive, ipod, cds.

How do you actually listen to music on your devices? random, on playlists ive made, random within playlists, by artist

What is your process for deciding if something is worth keeping? Download>listen to once, if its not terrible, i'll keep it a while and come back to it maybe within a month or two, if i return and it still seems shitty and i need the hard drive space, its gone

How do you organize your music collection? guess its not very organized. dunno how to answer this one

the complete albums i like and the songs i like.

i like to share

Are you going to the mall later?[/quote]
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

ric

Post by ric »

Where do you listen to music most? i take an ipod pretty much everywhere but i also listen to a lot of music at home too
What is your main piece of technology that you use to listen to music? ipod and bose headphones on the go and computer and mid-low quality JBL speakers
How do you listen? as explained above. but i like to fit the music to the setting or mood i am in
How do you acquire music? it depends. it would be too long to explain the system here. basically its a constant search for stuff i will either try out or stuff that i am missing. theres a lot of jazz and classical and soul out there and i dont have a lot of the stuff i feel like i need to be listening to
How do you store your music? in cd booklets and on my pc harddrive and i now have 2 external harddrives - just got a 2 terrabyte one for xmas. shitll be all i really need as i do not consume quickly
How do you actually listen to music on your devices? shuffle by artist on itunes. playlists that fit the moment on windows media player. fucking around for the mood with the ipod. for new albums i listen all the way through once unless i come across something incredibly super sweet
What is your process for deciding if something is worth keeping? if it was worth purchasing i keep it. if it was an experimental purchase i will keep it but experimental purchases have a system of their own by which to validate and approve them, even before downloading for free. i dont want to download shit i dont want to listen to or wont have a use for.
How do you organize your music collection?itunes downloads and ripped cds go straight into one folder with a few key subfolders so that i may convert them (with tunebite for itunes downloads), rename them and tag them. from their they go into 1) the music folder for the harddrive and 2) the folder where everything goes to get transferred to the external harddrive. the second folder is in a folder where all the torrents or mediafire, etc files go irregardless of whether or not they are music. i put them their for easy transfer to the external harddrive because sometimes im not ready for them yet. there is a special way i tag the music and there is a special way i name the files. if youve ever downloaded anything from me that i organized myself you can see the way i do it. i dont include featured artists unless its a brand new album that i dont know the songs well enough yet.
Do you keep only the songs you like or complete albums? i keep the album and put any singles i had before i had the album in the recycle bin or in the artist folder if the album version is different
Do you tell other people about awesome music or are you a hoarder? i used to hoard. hard. but nowi just want really good music to be heard. it deserves to be heard. period.
at some future point i guess i will be in a mall

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

deepfriedjellol wrote:Where do you listen to music most? Home, car, work, bathroom...
I do the majority of my music listening either in me truck on the way to and from work, or at work while in the clean room. My job is pretty labor intensive and I have to concentrate, so I'm normally listening to music to avoid getting complacent or dozing off.

I've had a regular mp3 player, which I call my manpod, since 2003. I originally spent 50 bucks at best buy and got a 512MB dinky thing and spent the 15 bucks to get the protection plan. No manpod has lasted longer than 6 months, so I just go back in and replace it and spend another 15 bucks on the protection plan and now after about 7 new mp3 players I have the Sansa 8GB with SD slot for extended memory.

How do you listen? home stereo, car stereo, over the ear headphones, studio headphones, ear buds, etc...
I am physically unable to wear earbuds for any length of time without suffering some serious earhole pain. So I've been an over the ear headphone wearer since college when I discovered that buds weren't me buds.
My home stereo consists of my laptop hooked up to some pretty badass computer speakers.

I do all of the above except itunes and music stores. I can google with the best of em, so if I find out something's being released or leaked, I can 9 times out of 10 find it the first few tries.
I also participate in a handful of music blogs when I have time to contribute.
I take recommendations from a select few: Fuckin A and rem6775 (or whatever) and drizzle and alaska and DLG and russian and obese, and ackbar when im wearing purple

Laptop HD until I decide to either pitch it or keep it, if I keep it it goes onto my main external HD with is 320GB. If Im not going to need it, I store it on my work HD which is 250GB or my external never touch HD which is 500GB and nearly full.

This is the question Im most curious about.
I listen alphabetically all the time so I dont listen to one artist the entire time. I am unable to look at the screen while Im working so it sucks in one respect, but in another it's like shuffle but I can tell how much more music I have to listen to before I can dump out the contents and add newer music to the mp3 player memory.
I cant stand shuffle because I dont know where I am as far as listening to everything I have slated for review.

DL>listen on manpod or audio cd in truck>delete it or keep it>keep it around locally until I run out of room

I do folders with artists name, and then toss in all of their files in one folder to keep shit concise. I have never been a guy who knows how to properly tag music files so i dont genre-cize anything because I wouldnt know how to make that info stick.

i keep entire albums. if i hate something so much that i will never ever listen to it i just wont listen to it, but i prefer complete albums over individual mp3s because i see albums as a kind of point of reference for the rest of the disc

im a big sharer but not so much that i would ever go mindbender about something i like alot.
the new 30 seconds to mars is phenomenal btw

no, keep spelling mister

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

Where do you listen to music most? In transit or at home.

What is your main piece of technology that you use to listen to music? iPod on go/iTunes on laptop, but also an old stereo to listen to CDs or even tapes.

How do you listen? Wrap around the head earbuds.

How do you acquire music? These days....if anything, on the street or in stores. I do download but I manage to accrue so much DLed music and not even listen to it right away.

How do you store your music? External hard drive.

How do you actually listen to music on your devices? iPod goes on shuffle. Always. Over 2,000 tracks meticulously picked, I don't care.

What is your process for deciding if something is worth keeping? If its something I downloaded, I breeze through the tracks and keep the ones I want and delete the rest.

How do you organize your music collection? CDs are currently unorganized. Used to be done alphabetically.

Do you keep only the songs you like or complete albums? I usually like complete albums if I can but I've scaled down on my completion obsessions.

Do you tell other people about awesome music or are you a hoarder? Speak when spoken to. More than willing to divulge. If people ask, I will tell.

Are you going to the mall later? I think I have to DJ a New Year's Eve loft party and therefore must prepare playlist. So doesn't look likely.

Huldrich Bullsh!t

Post by Huldrich Bullsh!t »

at home. i do have an mp3 player but havent used it n a long while. lately i prefer to read in public transportation.

What is your main piece of technology that you use to listen to music? iPod, regular mp3 player, zune, cassette player, walkman, bose wave... record player

How do you listen? over the ear headphones, studio headphones, ear buds, etc... i live with my brother in an appartment, when hes here i often use my AKG headphones, when im alone its via the speakers

How do you acquire music? Internet .rar files through googles, blogs feed you, philaflava-type message boards, torrents, itunes for pussies, sam goody and musicland... havent bought much music in the last few months, but i have a backstock of alot of stuff i havent heard more than once so i got alot of stuff to discover at home.
i rarely download to lazy and not enough hard drive space.

How do you store your music? PC Hard Drives, External Hard Drives, Thumb Drives, iPod HD, data discs, actual audio discs, cassette, online storage locations... mp3s on my HD but most is in my shelves

i prefer to listen to albums. sometimes single tracks if i feel like it

What is your process for deciding if something is worth keeping? Download>transfer to mp3 player/burn to disc>listen>edit tags>dump in external HD>start over dont dl that much as i said. if its bad i delete it if its ok or good i keep it

records are sorted by Genre by format (single or album) and then alphabetically

complete albums

Do you tell other people about awesome music or are you a hoarder? i have a few friends who dig my music taste and i share with them. hoarding is the stupidest shit ever to me. music is to be enjoyed

Are you going to the mall later? closed today

citizen

Post by citizen »

Where do you listen to music most? home on the computer or ipod, in the car on cd player or tape deck, at work on computer

What is your main piece of technology that you use to listen to music? computer and ipod

How do you listen? whatever headphones are currently working, i usually break a pair year, but my ipod buds have held up for a couple years now

How do you acquire music? internet, buy online, itunes, always ask for music for birthday and christmas so i rarely have to buy myself albums
How do you store your music? every possible way to store music i use, external hd, computer, tapes, cds, flash drives, ipod

How do you actually listen to music on your devices? usually shuffle on itunes and ipod

What is your process for deciding if something is worth keeping? i keep almost everything, if i dont like it i just skip it, i only really obtain music that i know i will like so usually not a problem

How do you organize your music collection? artist name

Do you keep only the songs you like or complete albums? keep almost everything

Do you tell other people about awesome music or are you a hoarder? some people i tell, only if i really think they would be interested

Are you going to the mall later? no, been there too many times over christmas break

cenzi

Post by cenzi »

car - sadly the ONLY place I can listen to music

car stereo

Internet .rar files through googles, blogs feed you, philaflava-type message boards, torrents and MEGADOWNLOAD.NET

Strictly External Hard Drives

I will usually burn 5 cd's per week and leave them in my car. When I am done with them, I usually randomly give them away to people.

Download>transfer to CD's > throw away CD's, keep all mp3's

by group name

If I had time, I would... but I tend to keep whole albums lately.

no one cares :(

yes, first round of beer is on you

Ego

Post by Ego »

in the car, in my room when i'm home, or walking to class when i'm at school

ipod in the car and school, tend to listen to vinyl at home

the internet or groove merchant in sf

i have an external hd that has everything and isn't backed up... when that dies i will be very depressed

tends to be by album, when i'm in the mood, i'll make shitty playlists

i pretty much keep everything i download, i always feel that there's a chance i might want it in the future, i never do, but still...

group name in itunes, my records by what i've been listening to

whole albums, i hate having random tracks

when they ask, the people i live with tend to take over the music that's being played so i keep it to myself unless i really like something

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

deepfriedjellol wrote:Where do you listen to music most? Car, subway, or romp room/ office

What is your main piece of technology that you use to listen to music? iPod, then computer, then records (a lagging, distant third at this point)

How do you listen? Car speakers, ear buds, monitors, or cheap studio headphones

How do you acquire music? Pirating, physical/ electronic purchase (limited to about 3 albums a year), bargain bins since I know next to nothing about record collecting

How do you store your music? External hard drives

How do you actually listen to music on your devices? Will listen to an album from start to finish and nothing else until I've heard the whole thing at least once, occasional shuffle if I'm with other people and do not want to force them to adopt my album habit, or playlists of shit I play obsessively

What is your process for deciding if something is worth keeping? Singles: Download -> Listen -> Put on iPod; Albums -> Download -> Organize on Hard Drive -> Put on iPod -> Keep or delete depending on how it rubs me

How do you organize your music collection? Artist, then year, then album; songs not attached to an album get put in an unsorted folder with file names including artist name first, track name last; soundtracks and compilations also get their own grouping

Do you keep only the songs you like or complete albums?If I got it with an album, the whole album stays

Do you tell other people about awesome music or are you a hoarder?Hoarder unless someone takes a direct interest. If I know someone might like something, I play it in the background and wait for them to say something about it if they're interested

Are you going to the mall later?Probably

Radio Raheem

Post by Radio Raheem »

Where do you listen to music most? I'm pretty much constantly listening to music. During morning rituals, on the way to work, in my cubicle, as I fall asleep.
What is your main piece of technology that you use to listen to music? Iphone when I'm not at home, computer in the house.

How do you listen? In-ear headphones at the office, speakers at home, over the ear headphones on airplanes or on the go.

How do you acquire music? Steal, steal, steal. I buy music at shows.

How do you store your music?I have a terabyte hard drive onto which I've ripped most of my CDs, vinyl, and tapes that I care to listen to, it also contains all of the music that the internetz have given me.

How do you actually listen to music on your devices? I go from casually listening on random, to having to listen to and rate complete albums in Itunes.

What is your process for deciding if something is worth keeping? I try to listen to stuff as soon as I can after I've downloaded it. If I find that an album has a majority of songs that I like, I'll keep it. Otherwise it goes in the trash
How do you organize your music collection? Itunes organizes for me.

Do you keep only the songs you like or complete albums? I try to keep complete albums because I have nearly neurotic completist tendencies.

Do you tell other people about awesome music or are you a hoarder? THEY ALL KNOW.

Are you going to the mall later? I'll be hanging at the Orange Julius

great idea for a thread btw.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Where do you listen to music most? Car, then on my ipod when I am walking around, Home

What is your main piece of technology that you use to listen to music? iPod, iphone, technics turntables

How do you listen? ear buds, then speakers

How do you acquire music? Google, philaflava, record digging

How do you store your music? Hard Drive, and I have a decent sized vinyl collection at home.

How do you actually listen to music on your devices? I only listen by album. I never listen any other way.

What is your process for deciding if something is worth keeping? If I listen to something twice and I like it I will keep it.

How do you organize your music collection? Artist name

Do you keep only the songs you like or complete albums? Complete albums

Do you tell other people about awesome music or are you a hoarder? I tell people all the time, but most of my friends have different tastes than mine so they don't like a lot of stuff that I am into.

Are you going to the mall later? actually I think I am.

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Home, work, commuting, on the go

iPod - connected to a Bose dock, connected to an amp at home, or earphones. CDs occassionally. Spotify at work if my iPod/iPhone dies

How do you listen?
Ear buds at work, speakers at home

Internet .rar files through googles, blogs feed me, CDs

External Hard Drives

By album

Download>transfer to mp3 player>listen>dump in external HD>Buy a copy

iTunes does it all. I run a very tight ship though

ALWAYS whole albums. Can't bear it when people delete random songs. Word to Radio Raheem

Hmm - sometimes. The thing is, I very, very rarely peep other peoples recommendations aside from a select few people (maybe 3-4 here though), plus I have a huge backlog of stuff i'm yet to listen to, and I know a lot of people are the same. So 9 times of out 10 you're wasting your breath

What is a mall?

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Where do you listen to music most? On the train and at work

What is your main piece of technology that you use to listen to music? iPod through bose earbuds or bose dock at home. Siruis in the car

How do you listen? bose ear buds or bose dock

How do you acquire music? Internet .rar files through googles, blogs feed you, philaflava-type message boards, friends.

How do you store your music? PC Hard Drives, External Hard Drives,

How do you actually listen to music on your devices? album and playlists

What is your process for deciding if something is worth keeping? if i havent gone back to it after two or three months and it was never in regular rotation its gone. see most hip hop post 2004

How do you organize your music collection? Artist

Do you keep only the songs you like or complete albums? Both, mostly complete albums though

Blast bitches. Blast

Are you going to the mall later? sure, wanna split and orange julius?