Some recommendations for a Lee Fields fan please

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

sajr

Some recommendations for a Lee Fields fan please

Post by sajr »

I'm more of an old skool soul fan that a modern day soul fan but recently I have been listening to a lot of Lee Fields, Sharon Jones, Mayer Hawthorne and Rahael saadiq with a lil Amy Winehouse and was hoping you guys could recomend someone else new but in a similar vein

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

i post this kind of stuff on steady blogging, just search the posts by the 'alex' tag.

keep in mind that lee fields has another 'modern' album prior to My World. I can't remember the name off the top of my head, but it shouldn't be hard to find. not sure if you heard it yet

charles bradley has the most obvious correlation to fields, very similar style and approximately 70% same players in the backing band. he hasn't got a proper album out yet, but i did compile all his singles to date for steady bloggin a while back. the post was erased in the first blog purge though, let me see if i can find the zip.

wiley and the checkmates should also do the trick,
i keep meaning to post it up on steady b, should be up in a few days

i can also keep going further down this road if you want more, the two above are just the closest things to lee fields that i thought of immediately
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo