Concert I Just Went To Thread

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

saw Kyuss (Lives) last night in Milwaukee...w/ The Sword and Black Cobra (missed Black Cobra, seen them before tho). Pretty fuckin rawkin...good seeing Nick Oliveri before he does his bid.
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Yeah, I just saw them in San Francisco, same line up plus Papa Wheelie.

DLG

Post by DLG »

saw karma to burn last night. very good. got really stoned and drunk, bought a shirt. the end.

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

odium-LSC wrote:My ex used to drag me to see them every time they'd come through seattle. which was often cuz they were from here. I would rather put a bullet in my head then see them again.
They (Modest Mouse) were fucking terrible live.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

andrew wk last night. i seen him at the warsaw a few years back by accident. at the time, i had no idea who dude was. i became a fan that night.

dude still delivers the funny on stage. a real knee-slapper, rockin show.

DLG

Post by DLG »

saw God is an Astronaut last night.

these guys are to post rock what skrillex is to dubstep, I think.

they take a type of music that is supposed to be introspective and brooding and they turn it into something bros can jump to and bitches wanna make out to.

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

finally got to see radiohead last night. played for a good two and a half hours and had a crazy stage setup. usually i'm not big on arena shows but this was incredible.

DLG

Post by DLG »

saw Alva Noto/Blixa Bargeld. it was a potentially very excellent show ruined by faggot hipsters who don't even care about the show but just come to be seen. if you want to talk you faggot, please go outside and talk to your faggot friend.

nothing worse than trying to listen to live music that is quiet and brooding and having a bunch of german hipsters telling stories behind you.

Rabbi Jihadovich

Post by Rabbi Jihadovich »

Went to see Lee Fields and The Expressions this past Saturday, he killed like last time.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Saw Youth Lagoon last night in a tiny venue. Short concert as he only has 10 songs, but he and one guitar player were able to recreate the sound of the album pretty damn well.

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Just saw Ghost, Opeth, and Mastodon. Rad fucking show.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Saw RHCP on Monday and it was easily a top 3 concert I've never seen in my life.

DLG

Post by DLG »

saw OM last night in Stockholm. Was great

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Preemptive post

Going to see Buddy Guy on the 21st and Beach House on May 10th
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

Prophecy wrote:Preemptive post

Going to see Buddy Guy on the 21st and Beach House on May 10th

i would love to see Buddy Guy. That's gonna be fucking awesome.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

OF without Earl :cry: still show was :rockout:

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

fulfilled a dream 15 years in the making and caught Pulp at Radio City Music Hall last night. Definitely got my $50 worth.

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

Disappears and Lotus Plaza in Chicago. Disappears are a fuckin great live band (Steve Shelley on drums).
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Buddy Guy this weekend bitches!!!!
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

Megafaun & Drive-By Truckers last night. DBT been a long time coming, def lived up to expectations. Couple of Levon Helm tributes during the night, most notably both bands on stage to start the encore w/ 'the weight'. Shit was fantastic.
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZOdhUbD02vY?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZOdhUbD02vY?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Buddy Guy was easily the best concert I have ever been to. If he comes near you see him, it will easily shit on every concert you have ever been to.

House of Games

Post by House of Games »

I saw Nite Jewel in NYC the other night. Shit was funky. [/i]

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

explosions in the sky last sunday. great show, and one of the louder shows i've been to in recent memory.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Saw The Shins and Real Estate last night at Terminal 5. Not much of a Shins fan, but my cousin offered up the ticket so I figured what the fuck. Was relieved that Real Estate was on the bill, dig them quite a bit.

Venue was cool

Real Estate played a nice set, might want to step up their stage presence game a bit, but otherwise really solid opener.

The shins did nothing to change my feelings on them. Played a few songs I do dig but overall it was a long and boring set. THought they kinda sucked.

Beer prices at Terminal 5 were reasonable and they had Lone Star so I was set.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

^saw okkervil river open up for levon helm @ terminal 5 a few years ago. remember greatly despising the venue, but can't really remember why. good show though

watched 'the deep dark woods' the other night. i like those guys
moved by duck muscles

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

Saw the Melvins and Unsane like 2 weekends ago. The Melvins were gay but Unsane fucked it up on the real.

Machiventa

Post by Machiventa »

Saw Washed Out last week in Denver. Was a little bit better than I expected. I was worried how chillwave would sound in a live setting. They had a bassist and a drummer so that helped make it more band-like. Was a pretty fun show, but really short. I think they did about 10 songs. Memoryhouse opened up for them and they were kinda dope... they need a little more enthusiasm and stage presence IMO but I guess they're a new band and just started touring.

DLG

Post by DLG »

saw Metallica, Gojira and Machine Head last night. This is the most hungover I think I've ever been.

Homer Simpson

Post by Homer Simpson »

DLG wrote:saw Metallica, Gojira and Machine Head last night.
...i think it was you who put me up on Gojira in the metal thread. thanks for that,those dudes ill as fuck.

DLG

Post by DLG »

word up.

taking a trip to Budapest to see Sleep on Saturday.