Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats - Satanic Grindhouse PsychRock

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

Versive

Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats - Satanic Grindhouse PsychRock

Post by Versive »

I'm not going to post their album Bloodlust because they seem to be pretty vigilant about having links taken down, but you should definitely check these guys out if you're into 60s-70s horror movies about drugs and cults or their acid-drenched musical accompaniment.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zfNHX5k9N-A?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zfNHX5k9N-A?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gXp38pyx7dg?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gXp38pyx7dg?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Formed in the old wastelands of witchery and paranoia, Cambridgeshire band Uncle Acid and the deadbeats deliver the new sound of 60's terror. This popular beat combo crawled from its secluded hideout in 2009 to record their debut album, 'Vol. 1' for Killer Candy Records. With a limited release in 2010, the album was warmly received with the track 'Witches Garden' appearing on a Classic Rock Magazine cover CD.

The group's second album Blood Lust (2011) was recorded in a dilapidated barn known as The Slaughter House. Using old fuzz pedals and broken amps to create a lo fi saturated sound, the entire album was laid to rest on tape in the space of four cold months. Blood Lust tells the story of a drug crazed sadist who embarks on a witchfinding killing spree before meeting his own demise at the withered hands of Satan. The bands intention was to create an audio equivalent of a 60's exploitation horror film. After a steady start in sales, demand for the album eventually grew beyond all expectations with all pressings quickly selling out, including a Rise Above vinyl pressing of 350 which sold out in just 24 hours.
This bastard band of weirdos will plunder on into the 2012 apocalypse with festival dates and other live appearances in the UK and Europe. The acid nightmare has truly begun...
http://www.svartrecords.com/shoppe/cds- ... st-cd.html

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

i waited with trepidation waiting for the vocals to kick in praying they weren't faggy, audible sigh of relief that they aren't

very good stuff here
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

spartan, if you see this thread, what movie poster is the cover referncing? i think it's a bava or argento, the obvious guesses really, but i can't place it
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

posted this in the stoner rock/blues thread like a year ago

Versive

Post by Versive »

I've got a simliar question: which, if any, specific movies are the clips in these videos taken from? When I first saw I'll Cut You Down I assumed it was all original footage, but now that I've found the other one I'm thinking they're assembled.

I haven't seen much Giallo, but what I have is great.
AWAE wrote:posted this in the stoner rock/blues thread like a year ago
Didn't notice it then... deserves its own thread anyway.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

good shit...

PM me.

DLG

Post by DLG »

this is good shit, way better than ghost or devil's blood.

ruraloutfitter

Post by ruraloutfitter »

loved this album. they actually have an earlier release (more like a demo), called Volume 1. only 20 cd-r's were made and sold through their myspace, the last one auctioned off on ebay for $400.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

I heard UAATDB so much in the Van last year im bout played out on them. Still dope though. I fuck with it.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

ruraloutfitter wrote:loved this album. they actually have an earlier release (more like a demo), called Volume 1. only 20 cd-r's were made and sold through their myspace, the last one auctioned off on ebay for $400.
as a dude in a band this pisses me off. i know its kvlt and all that bullshit to do limited runs. To an extent Im guilty of the same thing from those tapes I released last year being that there were only so many made and they sold out after a couple shows. i did make it a point to post the shit online for free. Ive seen bands do limited cd-r or tapes and give them away free to close friends and the next thing you know those people are ripping fans off on ebay with something handed to them for free. that aint hittin on shit.

AWAE

Re: Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats - Satanic Grindhouse PsychR

Post by AWAE »

finally some new shit

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

good shit. When's the new album coming out?

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

The news that everyone has been waiting for! UNCLE ACID & THE DEADBEATS has confirmed the title and tracklisting of the bands forthcoming third album ‘Mind Control‘. Recorded and mixed by the Uncle at Chapel Studio’s, Lincolnshire over the Halloween period, this monumental piece of work is set to include the following tracks;

1. Mt. Abraxas
2. Mind Crawler
3. Poison Apple
4. Desert Ceremony
5. Evil Love
6. Death Valley Blues
7. Follow The Leader
8. Valley Of The Dolls
9. Devils Work

The album is set to be released by Rise Above Records to coincide with their sell-out debut London show at The Garage on Friday March 22nd, tickets are still available for the added date on 23rd but are selling fast as well as there much anticipated Roadburn appearance. More dates and info on the album coming soon!
edit:
quietus is reporting Mind Control will be released on LP/CD/DL on April 15th

Last edited by AWAE on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pestilence

Post by pestilence »

Didn't download yet. But I'm predestined to love all things 'satanice grindhouse psychrock' before i listen anyway.

so thanks in advance.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Tracklist sounds promising.

illuminati_guy

Post by illuminati_guy »

i just listened to poison apple and it made me instant fan

blood lust been fucking awesome so far

Rabbi Jihadovich

Post by Rabbi Jihadovich »

Can i somehow persuade one of you fine gentlemen to throw me a link to their album/albums? That song posted, Poison Apple, is the tits. Thank you in advance.

illuminati_guy

Post by illuminati_guy »

https://soundcloud.com/goldstarpr/follow-the-leader

another new song off mind control, better than poison apple

Rabbi Jihadovich

Post by Rabbi Jihadovich »

Thank you kindly, AWAE!

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

album dropped.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

record is killer.. not as hooky/catchy as bloodlust but it might be a better record..

DLG

Post by DLG »

I've pretty much stopped following this entire vest metal scene.

shit's getting out of hand.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

had no idea what you were talking about so i googled vest metal and saw that metalsucks article.. pretty funny

does this mean electric wizard isn't cool anymore?

these guys seem head and shoulders above those bands to me with their songwriting/vocals.. having more rock n roll mixed in with the occult 70s doom helps a lot.. just old fashioned drug music

Post by 360 »

Fuck that metalsucks article, though. Those dudes are so smarmy and trolly that you can never really tell when they're being serious sometimes. That might actually be the point. :killacam: A couple of those bands are awesome.

But why did they decide to call it Vest Metal? I've been seeing vests with patches on them my entire life. They came into the scene during the Thrash craze.

illuminati_guy

Post by illuminati_guy »

actually when that article came out i was sure it was about new wave retro thrash bands like gama bomb and municipal waste, but i was wrong and confused of why they didn't mention jex thoth

anyway, mind control is great, feels like it will get hella spins over the summer

DLG

Post by DLG »

metalsucks are generally terrible but it's a funny term.

I was big into Witchcraft when they came out. They are genuine losers who had a Pentagram cover band when it wasn't cool, and their first couple albums were really good, but there is so much "occult rock" coming out now that I just don't want to even try to follow anymore.

granted, these guys are pretty good. but if someone tells me to listen to Ghost or Graveyard one more time I'm going to stab them with a mercyful fate cassette.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

what about "Pagan Altar" then, hah.

DLG

Post by DLG »

they are from the 80s can't really count them as part of the vest metal movement.

I could never get into them because of the vocals though.