Great songs by otherwise reprehensible artists

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Re: Great songs by otherwise reprehensible artists

Post by drizzle »

there's a bootleg of Sublime dubs around that I remember liking better than any of their official stuff, and that's considering I liked a lot of their official stuff. But these are memories from almost 10 years ago.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

DLG wrote:I worked in a pool hall with a jukebox while in high school and can therefore never listen to sublime again.
:lol:

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

drizzle wrote:there's a bootleg of Sublime dubs around that I remember liking better than any of their official stuff, and that's considering I liked a lot of their official stuff. But these are memories from almost 10 years ago.

robin the hood still holds up to this day. and the ORIGINAL 40 oz to freedom is still great ( if "get out" isn't #2 though - i don't even want to hear it). I never even owned a copy of self titled though and can't back any songs i've heard off of it aside from caress me down because it makes 19 yo girls horny. I think the bootleg cd you're thinking of though is "stand by your van" which has a a few of the shittier versions of the good songs that were on the original 40oz.

Back on topic though - lil known fact (or maybe not) the scorpions early shit actually fucking OWNS! And completely different from the butt rock they are well known for. Probably the most appropriate band for this thread ackchurally based on how different and awesome they are from the bulk of their discography.

so crushing...

so wavy....

so beer wanting inducing...

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

on that note - judas priest has a lot of amazing old shit too, and even some awesome newer shit too amongst the plague of absolute crap they put out along the way. this is my shit though:

and this shit makes me pound beer (and halford man ass) harder than any other song

DLG

Post by DLG »

peace to old scorpions. the stuff while Uli was in the band was next level.

and priest is pretty much top 5 dead or a live, so no way are they a reprehensible artist, they have like 5 classic albums.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Hair metal bands having respectable rockin' backgrounds before falling into vats of hairspray is not uncommon. And no matter how many rock critics clench their assholes around their stacks of Nirvana bootlegs, the stuff some these bands did AFTER the hairpray came into play was a tons of fun too
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

DLG

Post by DLG »

80s cock rock is always the go-to music for bbqing and general raging. no one wants to listen to dinosaur jr when partying.

Pronay

Post by Pronay »

malpractice wrote:anyway,

im ashamed to admit that i like this song, especially the chorus.
I love Orgy :sad:

you should've linked the music video where they're jammin' in the box:

here's mine:

the beat on this does it for me, especially when the chorus hits. the lyrics are sappy drivel but harmless enough, well written to the beat though

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

DLG wrote:peace to old scorpions. the stuff while Uli was in the band was next level.

and priest is pretty much top 5 dead or a live, so no way are they a reprehensible artist, they have like 5 classic albums.
While I agree with you, there's still no denying that long string of unlistenable garbage...lol