Unknown Mortal Orchestra

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

unclebengi

Unknown Mortal Orchestra

Post by unclebengi »

I'm sure there's other peeps up on this band. I avoided them for as long as I could because of their horrible name, but they've put out two albums in the last couple years and they're both pretty great-

self titled

II

T Rav

Re: Unknown Mortal Orchestra

Post by T Rav »

Just came across them the other day. The two tracks are cool. The videos suck tho.
Buy my mixtape.

ian e

Post by ian e »

Really liked their first record. Havent listened to the new one yet. Thanks for reminding. :cheers:

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

T Rav wrote:Just came across them the other day. The two tracks are cool. The videos suck tho.
Agree on those videos, here's a couple more from the first album that are a little better-

After giving both albums several spins, the first album is great, but the second is a definite step up, especially the sound quality and the song writing. They're on tour in the US right now, definitely on my list to see. Here's a couple of songs off the new one-

Machiventa

Post by Machiventa »

I avoided them mostly because I thought they were a metal band... or trip hop. Randomly came across the new album streaming a couple weeks ago and loved it. Will have to check out their first one now.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Saw these guys in Bloomington last night and all I can say is WOW. Just an incredible show, best live show I've been to in a few years probably. Saw Tame Impala last week and UMO was much better live. Ruban Nielson is amazing on guitar. They covered Lucifer Sam as well as a Jay Reatard song and just slayed the entire night.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

some chick i'm banging keeps telling me to listen to them. Her brother's in it. I guess they were on Fallon a few weeks back or something. Sounds decent from the tracks in this thread.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;