The Weeknd - Kiss Land

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

the dead poet

Re: The Weeknd - Kiss Land

Post by the dead poet »

yea my favorite song weeknd's ever done was Party Aftter the Party....and Zodiac only did the first half of it which wasn't even the reason I liked it.

he also did that horrible version of The Morning....glad they changed that.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

i wouldn't say it explains everything, by any stretch of imagination. but from reading the article, regardless of the actual production zodiac did, it seems as if he had a lot of input on the creative vision, perhaps a muse of sorts. even if he did produce a shittier version of the morning, dude was still inspired to write it because of zodiac's direction. sounds like he was trying to do bieber joints before that or something.

then again, the interview is all just his side of the story, i'm sure abel has his own version, and the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. regardless, HOB and abel's work on Take Care are the only things that have been memorable in my eyes.

binary

Post by binary »

intuition wrote:i wouldn't say it explains everything, by any stretch of imagination. but from reading the article, regardless of the actual production zodiac did, it seems as if he had a lot of input on the creative vision, perhaps a muse of sorts. even if he did produce a shittier version of the morning, dude was still inspired to write it because of zodiac's direction. sounds like he was trying to do bieber joints before that or something.

then again, the interview is all just his side of the story, i'm sure abel has his own version, and the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. regardless, HOB and abel's work on Take Care are the only things that have been memorable in my eyes.

I'm not saying zodiac was the reason for success or anything like that, it's just obvious that Abel went in a new direction...a much shittier one imo. I really liked the guy early on, sucks to hear him sound so bland now.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Apathwhy

Post by Apathwhy »

album is tight.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

yeah, i think this album is solid, chill and its easy to listen to from front to back.

it doesn't sound drastically different than the earlier shit by any stretch, so maybe i'm missing the disconnect others are seeing

starks

Post by starks »

it's terrible

Versive

Post by Versive »

I dig

Apathwhy

Post by Apathwhy »

been bumping it a lot this past week. He's made better songs, but I think it's his best work taken as a whole.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Yup I like it.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

heard it all today.

first 3 songs had me feeling I was wrong in thinking it was going to suck...but it was all downhill from there. Really didn't like it.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jay

Post by jay »

Best song to my ears was the last one, "Tears in the Rain"... Nothing else really grabbed me

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

was lookin forward to the album but after one listen i'm pretty underwhelmed. songs are way too long and they drag on with very little notable changes. production is ok but nothing special. maybe it'll be better on the next listen but i'm in no rush to re-examine at this point

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

Only song I listen to from this.

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Better than I thought it would be tho.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

:bow:

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

often was weak dude is slowly falling off.