(Request Filled for Ag Jew) My friend Chris Glover's music..

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

sneed

(Request Filled for Ag Jew) My friend Chris Glover's music..

Post by sneed »

Chris Glover

Actually a few people over the past two years since I uploaded this in MP3x have asked me to reupload it.

Here's the story. Chris Glover is probably one of the most innovative artists I know. As a matter of fact he crosses genres so effortlessly it almost makes you not want to make music.

He can have serious pop songs that your mom would be into and you'd be like "well this is good but too corny" (blastmaster would be down) (songs like "something you already knew" "stand on your seat")

then he can flip a sick folk song like "tear" & "about time" with lyrics you actually feel as opposed to just skim over.

and he can make genre bending songs like "pinnochio" "sorry man" & "never so far away" with top notch production that'd make hiphop heads and electronic heads take notice.

He's also got sick hiphop jams like "bubble blowin" (which was the first to sample the song Nas sampled for "Just A Moment" and way better IMO), "sad as a dog" & the song he did with Slick Rick

anyways he got signed to Interscope about 2 and a half years ago and Jimmy Iovine was supposedly really excited about Chris. Things changed, his album got rerecorded (i prefer his demos myself which I included in here), pushed back, promoted heavy in certain areas then pushed back again. They said, "they dont know how to market him" then the main person pushing chris left the label leaving him to fend for himself, until he was ultimately dropped (or left I'm not sure)

I personally got tired of his music because I jammed it so hard for 3 years. The same material over and over. And over again.

Then I went to one of his shows he did acoustic about 3 months ago and heard probably one of the best anti war songs, if not songs in general in the past few years, called "Morning People". Antiwar songs nowadays are usually so gay, with people just rebelling against things and hating on the president, this song offers a suggestion "freedom is a word, you should let the people say". now think about that phrase for a second, really. It's so honest and simple you wonder why you didn't think of it.

That song is in this download but you can also peep it and download it on his myspace at http://www.myspace.com/chrisglover

sidenote: he was Macauly Caulkin's body double in Home Alone 2, HAHAHA

I've got a lot of friends doing dope shit, check out Young Love (island defjam, on tour w lady sov), RX Bandits new album is phenomenal, Peter Toh (www.myspace.com/petertohmusic)

theaggravatedjew

Post by theaggravatedjew »

Thank you for uploading this and :ohsh: at the intensity of the review

deepfriedjellol

Post by deepfriedjellol »

hell yea
GREAT review
will DL

and THIS FORUM IS MY NEW HOME HELL YEAH HELL YEHA