the concert thread

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

habit

the concert thread

Post by habit »

wynton marsalis last weekend.

fucking dope. he is such a good story teller too. he gets in like story mode where you feel like youre evesdropping or something or that hes letting you in on a nice secret.

the man just writes/performs music that you love to listen to ya know?

they started off the night by playing this sped up contrapuntal like riff (he and the sax) then joined in by the piano. his pianist is so sweet on the upper register you know? like it was these beautiful chimes or something.
and then keep this riff going and they improvised on it like they could read each others minds (because the musics written so well you know?). and it was just....such an enjoyable concert. i felt so light afterward.

one funny of the more enjoyable things to watch on stage is when wynton is listening to the pianist, leaning in underneath the propped up cover. like oh shit :naswtf: over here and then he hears the drummer (whos KILLING it the whole night) and then its like :naswtf: over there.

another notable song had these standard swing cymbals but the bassists syncopation had it like a rhumba or something and thus the song goes both ways.

Jennie C
FUCK YOU REGGIEBIRD

Post by Jennie C »

:ohsh:
hopps wrote:i also think mindbender wastes way too much time on this message board. i think he should never come here again. seriously, man.

habit

Post by habit »

porque " :ohsh: " hermana? (no comprende mucho espanol)

Jennie C
FUCK YOU REGGIEBIRD

Post by Jennie C »

habit wrote:porque " :ohsh: " hermana? (no comprende mucho espanol)
Porque estoy celosa que yo nunca lo he visto.
hopps wrote:i also think mindbender wastes way too much time on this message board. i think he should never come here again. seriously, man.

Sebastian gets busy
1/2 Ghey Encino Man

Post by Sebastian gets busy »

sounds like an inspiring concert habit!!!!! i like your enthusiastic description
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r9ADfEyh7PQ&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r9ADfEyh7PQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

habit

Post by habit »

thank you thank you. feel free to add on.