Fugazi Fans Get a Load of This

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

cascarrabias

Fugazi Fans Get a Load of This

Post by cascarrabias »

A good friend of mine just moved to D.C. He recently told me...
Oh yeah, fun little tidbit...I live over a few members of Fugazi...they rent the space below me.
:ohsh:

Sir Loin

Re: Fugazi Fans Get a Load of This

Post by Sir Loin »

cascarrabias wrote:A good friend of mine just moved to D.C. He recently told me...
Oh yeah, fun little tidbit...I live over a few members of Fugazi...they rent the space below me.
thats awesome tell him to ask them for a new album

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

id rather live over partiers like Slash or Lemmy Kilmister, aint Fugazi straight-edge? i
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

yeah no big deal. just a little tidbit, one of the best living bands are my housemates. pretty cool huh?

bastard.

although i guess it is probably alot more enviable reading about it on a message board than in actuality. i mean its not like he gets to listen in on jam sessions and stuff.....right?

artMajor

Post by artMajor »

the whole band lives together in dc in an apartment?

really?

i thought a couple of them were married and kids?

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

Dunnnnleavy wrote:id rather live over partiers like Slash or Lemmy Kilmister, aint Fugazi straight-edge? i
Not sure if they are still straight edge. I heard a story that Ian McKaye went on stage one time with a beer in his hand and was pelted with markers.

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

artMajor wrote:the whole band lives together in dc in an apartment?

really?

i thought a couple of them were married and kids?
original post said "a few". I think Guy Piccioto might live in England actually. Not sure why I think that.

Still pretty cool either way.

Masked Terror #1

Post by Masked Terror #1 »

Can he ask Ian why he turned gay after Minor Threat?

artMajor

Post by artMajor »

Masked Terror #1 wrote:Can he ask Ian why he turned gay after Minor Threat?
:naswtf:

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

Masked Terror #1 wrote:Can he ask Ian why he turned gay after Minor Threat?
Good question.

Not a Fugazi fan?

zizek

Post by zizek »

They're broken up, or on extended hiatus, right?
When we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality -- judiciously, as you will -- we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

zizek wrote:They're broken up, or on extended hiatus, right?
I dunno, but that would make sense since it's been 5 years since "The Argument" with no signs of a new one

FreshShabazz

Post by FreshShabazz »

cascarrabias wrote:A good friend of mine just moved to D.C. He recently told me...
ian?

"the hardest thing is to forgive, but God does/ even if you've murdered and robbed, yeah it's wrong, but God loves/ take one step towards him, he takes two towards you/ even when all else fails God supports you."

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

FreshShabazz wrote:
ian?
Yup.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

It's good that Ian's bitch has finally got him drinkin' and all but, damn, The Evens? You gotta be shittin' me with that sub-Slant-6/Calvin Johnson crap.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

I Drive A Lexus wrote:It's good that Ian's bitch has finally got him drinkin' and all but, damn, The Evens? You gotta be shittin' me with that sub-Slant-6/Calvin Johnson crap.
They're really good live and I can't hate an album that reps the county I grew up in. Live they sound like "punk folk," if that makes sense. A couple of their songs are ass, but "Around the Corner" resonates with me, cause like I said, they're talking about specific places where I grew up that've been demolished so they can put up some yuppie faux town centers. "All the Governors" is a great song too.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

I wouldn't mind if they sounded like that "i'm so tired" song off the "instrument" soundtrack where it's just Ian playing the piano and singing (which is what i'd hoped they'd be like) but i just can't get with that folky twee Slant 6/K Records type stuff.

tpp

Post by tpp »

I Drive A Lexus wrote:I wouldn't mind if they sounded like that "i'm so tired" song off the "instrument" soundtrack where it's just Ian playing the piano and singing (which is what i'd hoped they'd be like) but i just can't get with that folky twee Slant 6/K Records type stuff.
beat happening is teh classic

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

Oh man, Calvin Johnson sounds like Elmer Fudd to me. I actually got really fucking hammered at a Halo Bender's show and started screaming "Kill the Wabbit" at the top my lungs. Nobody seemed amused cept me and my 2 friends though.