My Morning Jacket...what do you guys think??

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

No homo
Hoody Shankz

My Morning Jacket...what do you guys think??

Post by No homo »

i heard a few songs from these guys on teh radio and sorta liked what i heard. downloaded their first album, "The Tennessee Fire"...and i like it quite a bit. i've not heard their subsequent releases, but heard that they kinda changed up their style to sell more records. any opinions on them??

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

that's the only album i've NEVER heard by them, coincidently. one of my current favorite bands though, supposed to be amazing live. i'll get around to uploading "Okonokos" sometime which is the live album they released in september-ish (DVD coming). check out "Z", fuck i should just do a MMJ flood in mp3x.

oh yea, from what i understand "tennessee fire" is very alt-country influenced and they get alot more "rock n roll"-ish in recent work.
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

No homo
Hoody Shankz

Post by No homo »

Dunnnnleavy wrote:that's the only album i've NEVER heard by them, coincidently. one of my current favorite bands though, supposed to be amazing live. i'll get around to uploading "Okonokos" sometime which is the live album they released in september-ish (DVD coming). check out "Z", fuck i should just do a MMJ flood in mp3x.

oh yea, from what i understand "tennessee fire" is very alt-country influenced and they get alot more "rock n roll"-ish in recent work.
hmmm, i see. i actually downloaded Okonokos recently, but i've not listened to it yet. a flood would be MOST appreciated. obviously, i'll include TTF in there as well.

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

Post by GM Dizzy Skillespie »

i used to have Z on my computer, but lost it.
but when I had it... I really dug it.

lets get some uploads!

eris

Post by eris »

"One Big Holiday" from the album with a bear on the cover, name escapes me, is so fucking rocking, its great.

"Wordless Chorus" on "Z" is fucking great and even more amazing live. I, too, really want to hear their live album.

As for changing their style to sell more albums I wouldn't say that really. They have changed from the first album, but they did again from the 2nd to the 3rd. Not really commerically, it just seems each album is different.

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

great band.. home town heroes.

glad to see them getting so much press/love finally.

I don't see them "changing" styles so much as simply growing.. they've been at it for a hot minute...