A Thread About The Mosh Pit

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

cascarrabias

A Thread About The Mosh Pit

Post by cascarrabias »

Gotta love the mosh pit.

Do you go in head first and teach motherfuckers how to act? Or do you stand on the outside of the pit and help the four drunk guys that fell to the floor spilling PBR on everyone? Or do you avoid the pit all together?

Also, it seems every mosh pit has that one weak, naive guy that bugs everyone and eventually gets his ass kicked hard.

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

Just remember,counter-clockwise.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

I stand near the side observing these days.

I ain't tryna lose teeth or get my nose broke or have dudes landing on my head or standing all over my shoes or ripping my clothes. What can i say, i'm vain and nearly 30.

I used to rip shit up as a young 'n and there's nothing quite like the feeling of flying through the air as you stagedive. Kids today don't know about the rules of the pit. There's rules - got lines and codes we obey, as Big Noyd once said.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

If you are a little more on the chunky side, like myself, these little teens just kind of bounce off of you and shit. I never got that hardcore "throwing punches and kicking" style. I have lived through a Slayer pit, but I didn't even attempt a Pantera one. Seeing drunken rednecks bloodied up was warning enough.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

I'm to old for the mosh pitting

When reading this line you must read it in the adam sandler goat voice.

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

I would do it, but alot of kids that mosh are fucking assholes. I don't wanna get punched in the face or kicked in the nuts. I'd rather stick to the side and watch the band anyhow.

arlene
Crazy Alice

Post by arlene »

i accidentally participated in a slayer mosh pit wearing flip flops. didnt go well. i ran away. (ie went to the effin bar)

the brow

Post by the brow »

I stagedove at a NIN concert in 1995, got thrown into the pit, hit the concrete floor of the UNO lakefront arena flat on my back, and broke a vertebrae.

I like to think that the injury stunted my growth.
Last edited by the brow on Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoot bro, I got a waterproof suit yo.

Masked Terror #1

Post by Masked Terror #1 »

Depends whether my fellow show attendants know what they're doing (hardcore fans over 25) or not (metalheads of all ages).