Godfather Don Slave of New York EP

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

illest

Godfather Don Slave of New York EP

Post by illest »

Did anyone get a chance to get this?
http://www.diggerswithgratitude.com/

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Didnt even know about it. Whats the tracklist look like?

illest

Post by illest »

Side A
Slave of New York
The Architect
Do I Come off
Side B
7 Degrees of Elevation
Inverted
Colors of Death

Now I heard 7 Degrees and Slave of New York. Plus someone posted a demo with Listen Close, the WKCR promo w/ Scaramanga, I Dont Care and some other joints. But they were radio rips.

Killa Cong

Post by Killa Cong »

150 copies? Why bother trying to sell it at all at that rate. Hustlin waay the fuck backwards.

That said I'd love to own and/or hear this.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

i got a few of the songs on that tracklist but never even heard of this otherwise, please :upload: if someone finds it
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

illest

Post by illest »

Very stupid to only press up 150
Hopefully Stretch will put some on his blog
I know he has a lot of them

oracle21

Post by oracle21 »

yeah this seems like something hard to cop but i would just like to peep it. not tryna break the bank to cop it

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

WOW ID LOVE TO HEAR THIS...ANYONE HAVE IT?

Killer Ben
Six Digits And Running

Post by Killer Ben »

this ep is some elitist vinyl snob bullshit...

they pressed only 150 and each one costs
When I eat my niggas eat
We taste the bitter with the sweet

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

I'm sure it'll get ripped soon enough.

But yeah -

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

[quote="Killer Ben"]this ep is some elitist vinyl snob bullshit...

they pressed only 150 and each one costs

illest

Post by illest »

Im a major Godfather Don fan. Hopefully someone will post this. I found some other unreleased Don joints here:
http://alkuttraz.blogspot.com/search/label/hydra
Im probably late on this. I remember Stretch playing these years ago but wasnt able to cop the record because of course only a few were pressed.

Killer Ben....can you post the other joints you have besides Inverted and Color of Death?

illest

Post by illest »

I have a decent version of Slave of New York.

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

illest wrote:Im a major Godfather Don fan. Hopefully someone will post this. I found some other unreleased Don joints here:
http://alkuttraz.blogspot.com/search/label/hydra
Im probably late on this. I remember Stretch playing these years ago but wasnt able to cop the record because of course only a few were pressed.

Killer Ben....can you post the other joints you have besides Inverted and Color of Death?

'Struck Off The Realness' and 'Status' weren't unreleased - both of them were released on the same 12".

These got posted a while back by MGP...
7 Degrees Of Elevation.mp3
Do My Thing.mp3
Forever.mp3
I Don't Care.MP3
Pull The Trigger And Step.mp3
Slave Of New York.mp3

I've also got a bunch of the albums/12's ripped if you want them.

Diabolique LP
Do You Know 12
Fame 12
Hazardous LP
Hydra Beats_ The Next Level (Volume 1)
Hydrabeats vol. 7
Life Ain't The Same 12
Live From New York _ 3 The Hard Way 12
Piece Of The Action 12
Stuck Off The Realness 12
Styles By The Gram 12

illest

Post by illest »

But not many were pressed up
True indeed they werent unreleased since you have a copy
But they were not widely released

illest

Post by illest »

The first Godfather Hydra Beats is the illest

Killer Ben
Six Digits And Running

Post by Killer Ben »

like my man yak said..that stuck off the realness was released, it was a hydra test pressing 500 copies or so- I got one of them from sandbox for $5 they had about 50 of them...stuck off the realness is actually a old song, not sure why they decided to press that up together with status....

I think music, especially good music should be heard and everybody should be able to access it...

so fuck this $80 ep...and all these crab motherfuckers who hoard vinyl just to feel special...then press up 150, and probably NONE of the money goes to godfather don

if anyone at all can get the mp3s though, post em here...trust me you will be very well rewarded...!!!
When I eat my niggas eat

illest

Post by illest »

I missed when sandbox had them. They should have pressed up more. How will we be rewarded? Im sure someone will post them soon or at least on soulseek.

I just found this blog. Very hot. I will post some shows and joints that I have soon. I have Stretch and Bob, Mayhem, Pirate Radio, Futureflavas and more it takes time to upload them. But its needed. I dont listen to anything really past 96.

Killer Ben
Six Digits And Running

Post by Killer Ben »

haha...96?

sounds a bit like me..I don't fuck with too much past 2000...

your even more hardcore with the hip hop discrimination than me..

and as for the reward there are some things I don't post here because I have been asked not to, but if someone can share all these I will hook them up...unless they end up on soulseek but that might take a while...
When I eat my niggas eat

illest

Post by illest »

Im looking for Pete Rock Futureflavas remixes and Natural Elements joints from 93-96. Are you on soulseek? One of the cats who bought the record is on soulseek. Hopefully he will post it. I saw him on vinyladdicts.net

illest

Post by illest »

96 maybe a little early. More like 98. There were a few good joints in 99 but I need the older shit.

Like Don's hottest shit is 93 to about 96. Diabolique is aight but its not like the joints Stretch used to play. He needs to put out all of it.

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

yeah i copped this.should receive it soon.. dunno bout ripping tho..

illest

Post by illest »

Please rip it. I know it cost a lot.

Killer Ben
Six Digits And Running

Post by Killer Ben »

illest wrote:96 maybe a little early. More like 98. There were a few good joints in 99 but I need the older shit.

Like Don's hottest shit is 93 to about 96. Diabolique is aight but its not like the joints Stretch used to play. He needs to put out all of it.
agree with you on that...I feel that his earlier material is much better...although If I had to pick one joint it would still be seeds of hate....that ones retarded...but generaly I like his older joints a lot better and diabolique wasnt all that...lyricaly he had more of an edge when he was younger, and his sound was a lot more raw...

if you get that on soulseek or anywhere..hook it up..

serch4beatz...glad someone copped this, I would not on principle because I don't want to support some nerd motherfuckers who are on some elitist shit and go to bed with all there rarities.....not cause the $ is an issue

like I said, music is recorded to be heard and enjoyed...not to be collected..and if someone wants to hear this should be able to...without paying $80.

now if this was on cd and being sold for $15 I would be the first to order it..and I'd prolly get two copies...but pricing people out of hearing songs from there favorite rapper...I'm not down with....and I know godfather don has hundreds, maybe thousands of fans who would not buy this at that price....even if there were 1500 copies.....
When I eat my niggas eat

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

yeah they are elitists..but i just needed this one :D

illest

Post by illest »

Very pricey. And I love Seeds of Hate.
We should learn from Dilla that music is to be heard. He had many instrumentals albums that I wish Pete and Primo and everyone else would put out. Im glad Buckwild did what he did.

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

Killer Ben wrote:
illest wrote:96 maybe a little early. More like 98. There were a few good joints in 99 but I need the older shit.

agree with you on that...I feel that his earlier material is much better...although If I had to pick one joint it would still be seeds of hate....that ones retarded...but generaly I like his older joints a lot better and diabolique wasnt all that...lyricaly he had more of an edge when he was younger, and his sound was a lot more raw...

if you get that on soulseek or anywhere..hook it up..

serch4beatz...glad someone copped this, I would not on principle because I don't want to support some nerd motherfuckers who are on some elitist shit and go to bed with all there rarities.....not cause the $ is an issue

like I said, music is recorded to be heard and enjoyed...not to be collected..and if someone wants to hear this should be able to...without paying $80.

now if this was on cd and being sold for $15 I would be the first to order it..and I'd prolly get two copies...but pricing people out of hearing songs from there favorite rapper...I'm not down with....and I know godfather don has hundreds, maybe thousands of fans who would not buy this at that price....even if there were 1500 copies.....
I kind of agree, but I'm a hypocrite because I find rare albums for cheap and sell 'em on amazon and half.com for ridiculous amounts all the time. It's kind of a side job.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

serch4beatz

Post by serch4beatz »

mr cleanhobo you could hit me with a sell list via pm :D

Killer Ben
Six Digits And Running

Post by Killer Ben »

its aight to sell some albums here and there...we've all done that...plus you post albums in the agerman thread so this doesnt really apply to you..

what I take issue with is people pressing up unreleased music, only on vinyl, overpricing it ridiculously, limited it to 125 so just there circle of vinyl nerds gets it, and the artist who actually recorded these songs suffers cause

1- he probably gets no money from this at all

2- his fans do not get to hear this music, and thats the worst part that kids who have supported him might not get to hear this and they should

thats why I would have liked to see this on cd, and a few thousand copies done, with more tracks too...and there definitely is more tracks from him..

watever though..they will surface eventualy...
When I eat my niggas eat

illest

Post by illest »

true indeed they will