Best producer/rapper ever

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

richard lamplighter

Post by richard lamplighter »

out of the first three i like don, but he is definitely not as exposed or celebrated as the other two.

otherwise i'd probably choose the rza, including the digital era.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Best combo is probably Lord Finesse. Redman is close as is Lil Fame.

Redman is the best MC of the bunch, but Finesse and Fame make iller beats.
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Dragondude R wrote: And I think Outkast's producing name is Earthtone III or something like that, right?
They've had a couple I think (I think they had a different alias on ATLiens, I'd have to look at it when I get home though)... but that's the main one. Earthtone III is Dre, Big Boi, & Mr. DJ. But they rarely produced tracks as "outkast," which is part of why heads often give the majority of the credit to Organized Noize. It's also why when Love Below & Speakerboxxx came out, people were like "Damn these guys know how to produce?" Truth is that's their weakest project in terms of production, but heads don't usually realize how much work they put in on the second, third, and fourth Kast albums. Organized Noize definitely defined that whole Dungeon Family sound, but some of the best Outkast beats ever, were actually produced by Kast or Mr. DJ (or Earthtone 3 - which is them combined). Mr. DJ also did a lot of dope beats for other Dungeon Family albums, but he's almost never talked about as a major factor in DF's history or Kast's.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thun

Post by Thun »

Large Pro's verse on "Live At The BBQ" is one of the most hilariously good/bad verses ever comitted to wax. I don't know how anyone can hate on the man.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Paragraph President wrote:Large Pro's verse on "Live At The BBQ" is one of the most hilariously good/bad verses ever comitted to wax. I don't know how anyone can hate on the man.

All a bunch of mambajahambo.

multsanta

Post by multsanta »

Am I right, THUN?

Dragondude R

Post by Dragondude R »

lol, Large Professor is like the neighborhood man everybody respects. Can't hate on the man at all (and I'm surprised to see so many people think his style is boring, but that's yall, I guess).

I'ma look up Mr. DJ to see what he's done, I've probably heard him on a DF fam release and never checked the credits.

I also forgot Redman and Lil Fame, along the line of rappers who produce. Slap is my pick for most underrated. And I've heard a shitload of Red beats I thought were Erick Sermon's at first. Definitely up there with Monch, Q-Tip, Havoc...

Roc Marciano and Fredro Starr (was his producing name Never?) are up there too.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

multsanta wrote:Image

Am I right, THUN?
:lol:

Didn't see that one coming
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;