the nonce world ultimate

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

jazzmatazz23

the nonce world ultimate

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

i guess i am over a decade late on getting this album. I just got it and i am very impressed, are there other albums similiar or as good as this one?

Mark 563

Post by Mark 563 »

Dope album...

If you haven't heard it, look out for the remix of "Mixtapes" where they shout out Radio DJ's on the hook...

One of the most questionable band names ever (Nonce is another word for Paedophile in the UK)...

RIP Yuself Afloat...

shadowmaster

mixtapes

Post by shadowmaster »

'I used to sell mixtapes, now I'm an MC, I got the rhymes and beats.
I used to rock them tapes.'

Always loved the intro with the rifling through tapes.
Kool Keith: I wore a straw hat with a feather to the last Source Awards. When I got to Madison Square Garden everybody was looking at me. When I got back home I seen everybody and their mother in their video wearing a fuckinג€™ straw hat with a feather in it.

Tim Dog: ג€œWhat Kool Keith gonna wear? Iג€™m gonna do that shit in my video. Iג€™m gonna wear that shit really quick. Whatג€™s Tim Dog gonna wear?ג€

Thun

Post by Thun »

If you're looking for albums similar to this, that World Renown album is the closest sonic equivalent. Pretty much the East Coast version, and it's a shame that it isn't exactly CDQ.

dirty mind

Post by dirty mind »

Paragraph President wrote:If you're looking for albums similar to this, that World Renown album is the closest sonic equivalent. Pretty much the East Coast version, and it's a shame that it isn't exactly CDQ.
http://platform8470.com/artists/ai_kdef.asp

World Renown had an LP coming, but it was never released. How come?

Marley did the first song ג€˜Come Take A Rideג€™ and the second song was ג€˜How Nice I AMג€™. We were forced to make the album in two weeks, and when it was finally done, World Renown was dropped including the entire black music division from Warner. Shortly after that, John Doe was on the run from federal marshals and it was over for World Renown.

-----------------

Totally unaware of them. After 30 minutes of browsing for info on them and listening to some of thier tracks, i kinna wish they had a physical album out so i can buy it, rather than the digital download i saw in a few places. I have a thing for slow mellow shit.

ganglyon

Post by ganglyon »

you NEED to checked all there releases, if you've ONLY just got 'world ultimate'
like : the right state of mind : the sight of things EP : Mixtapes 12" ect

also with out doubt get (if you haven't already)
Homeliss Derilex - fradulent EP/LP
Dereliks - a turn on the wheel is worth more than a record deal EP
E.C. - the illa lp "i aint buyin no tapes no more, all they got is phony tapes in the store..."
Bored Stiff lp's (Explainin'... & Timeless )
Various Blends - Levitude LP
People Without Shoes - Nappyhead Assassin & Green Shoe Laces / Evil For Eternity
Looptroop - wax cabinet ep (but only really this release)
some ghetto concept
finsta bundy

ect ect

Huldrich Bullsh!t

Post by Huldrich Bullsh!t »

there is more material by them
advanced state of regression came out about 2 years ago and has tracks from before and after world ultimate. but i wont upload since its still easily available through stores.

they produced for this guy Supherb for his singles so you can try to track those down. and of course get all balls dont bounce by aceyalone, he was down with them and it has a similar smooth jazzy feel to it.

as far as i know they released another album but i dont own it.

Sach does his thing he has one album with Omid maybe even more, and at least two solos out. but i dont own any of them cant tell ya if the styles similar or different.

its ironic and sad when those who never affiliated themselves with violence and the gangster-lifestyle in their music die so early of violence and those who encourage it make a money in trunkloads

RIP Yusef Afloat and Charizma

Jaz
Ease Up

Re: ...

Post by Jaz »

Mark 563 wrote:Dope album...

If you haven't heard it, look out for the remix of "Mixtapes" where they shout out Radio DJ's on the hook...

One of the most questionable band names ever (Nonce is another word for Paedophile in the UK)...

RIP Yusef Afloat...

word, the funny thing is this album gets mentioned at least twice on this forum every year.

The Nonce would have chosen the name in it meaning the present occassion

The UK meaning is a Nonce, not The Nonce

By the way, what really did happen to Yusef?, I have read that he was found murdered on a highway, but others say it was suicide and others say he was robbed and murdered...what is the actual truth?.

If you are fan, check the The Sight of Things EP (1998)

and the CD-R only releases of

Advanced Regression
The Right State of Mind

I have got "The Picnic Song" if you anyone needs it.

Also, check the Sach (Nouka) solo albums...

ganglyon

Post by ganglyon »

the solo lp's are worth checking.

i'll upload to my blog when i get he chance.

hhv.de released a special 7inch with exclusive tracks last year.

ganglyon

Post by ganglyon »

more nonce affiliated:
Ammon Contact
Deeskee
Freestyle Fellowship
Headset
Lynn Ness feat. L

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

ganglyon wrote:you NEED to checked all there releases, if you've ONLY just got 'world ultimate'
like : the right state of mind : the sight of things EP : Mixtapes 12" ect

also with out doubt get (if you haven't already)
Homeliss Derilex - fradulent EP/LP
E.C. - the illa lp "i aint buyin no tapes no more, all they got is phony tapes in the store..."
Bored Stiff lp's (Explainin'... & Timeless )
Various Blends - Levitude LP
People Without Shoes - Nappyhead Assassin & Green Shoe Laces / Evil For Eternity
Looptroop - wax cabinet ep (but only really this release)
some ghetto concept
finsta bundy

ect ect
cool thanks

ganglyon

Post by ganglyon »

f*cking beautiful EP btw

if you find a decent rip, could you hook me up please? i still dont know how to convert vinyl..

The Dereliks - Change For The Bus Ride Home lp is dope to, though i much prefer there 1st release.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

ganglyon wrote:Various Blends - Levitude LP
i wasn't feeling this album. i gave it a listen but there was no consistnecy to it. i thought with all those gues spots like Del on it it would've been dope but nah, i couldn't get down with it.

World Ultimate is a classic period. I may catch some heat for that but its one of my top records.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

ganglyon

Post by ganglyon »

yeah, as an lp, its not amazing, but 'crazee madeo stylz' is dope.

Melle

Post by Melle »

This was my first Hip Hop record :bow: I bought it in a small record shop in Den Haag. This was back in 1998 and i